Sign in to follow this  
Razeal

Major fps drop in my base

Just returned to base after hitting a few maps, and there's major fps issues in the middle of my base for some reason. 

All was well when I left, nothing has changed? On the edges of my base it's ok, but in the middle it's really bad all of a sudden???

Also, is it true there's a wipe in December??

Having same problem since last update, believe its something to do with anchored ships in your base area, we took our ships out of our harbour and left unanchored and the frames went back to how they usually are

Yep that was the issue, thanks a lot. My sloop is ok, but it was the schooner causing the issue. 

Damn this has been a major thorn in our side since the last update. Most of my company has stopped logging in because of this. Since putting in a ticket hasn't yielded any results,  we have been deleting and replacing every harbor building while trying not to puke due to 8fps cap.

Jumped on my Schooner and unanchored it, immediately doubled my FPS(16fps wooohooo!). I guess we have to leave our ships unanchored and out at sea so we can use our island?

Hopefully this can get some attention now that there is something to go on. 

I've run a bunch of tests with this new insight and found out it has to do with how many weapons you have set to open fire on anchored ships. We keep all our ships to target ships only and fire at will to counter kamikaze barrel sloops. My main Schooner has 17 manned cannons and causes the biggest FPS drop out of all the ships. Switching ti from fire at will to hold fire immediately doubles my FPS. Un-anchoring it helps too for some reason.

Interesting, my schooner has 5 ballista and 2 swivels,  I'll  adjust them later ans see the difference.