Sign in to follow this  
Scarborough1994

Make the game more fun, make islands bigger, change some spawns

Right now it feels like I'm sailing forever, literally forever, I sail from grid to grid to find a suitable island of decent size to build my home that has decent resources etc etc, however they're all small and on every grid it either has a lion, wolf, tiger, cobra, bear so 80% of the time you're going to get mauled by one of these which sucks, which makes the game somewhat less fun.

Naaah, right now it's WAY SAFER than before. When game just released islands were full of aggressive wild fauna, with really short spawn time, and even alphas in lawless. Right now it's just sandbox. You kill couple lions, and in next 2 real days no one will appear near your base. There are couple of exceptions (like NE island at C6 which is a perfect place for tigers capturing), and all polars are dangerous, but most of the islands are fine (I personally wish they bring back more survival stuff, at least alphas in lawless).

And yeah. Bears are non aggressive.

The "empty space" between islands is a bit of a drag, but that is part of the genre. As to aggro wildlife, bows make short work of lower level ants/snakes/scorpions. Bears, as mentioned, are non-aggro. Tames help with wolves/tigers. Keep medkits on hand and use your spyglasss to scout before moving in too fast. Most aggro species will attack non-aggro animals, so watch out for dead animals, birds flying in circles, etc.. Also, keep a bed on your ship so if you get mauled and bleed out, you can respawn nearby.

Once you get a little more experienced, you will be glad to see scorpions for free organic paste!

• Like 1