ATLAS

Patch V515.17 - Armored Docks, Trade System and Barrel Updates

27 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

I can surround your boat with pillars right now, hundreds and hundreds for free with 1 account. Make it a pain in the ass/impossible to even move. That's happened to me 0 times. 

Pillars have no collision with boats. The other day we had a brig in lawless doing a treasure map, we were off the boat for 5 minutes and when we came back some chinese guy was trying to build shipyards around the boat. 

30 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

How much time and resources would you spend to grief 1 single person? I feel like I represent a majority of players and I wouldnt even consider it.

I would not spend 5 seconds but i know of more then one lawless lowlife that would... 

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2020 at 4:17 AM, Chucksteak said:

WTF are you talking about? Read it again. Your boat becomes anchored, nothing was said about parking. In my statement, your immune vessel cannot deal or receive dmg, so you would do nothing to me. We would get along splendidly. While I'm offline, you can still attack my land base, but at least I can still play the game when I get back.

Anchored seems awfully close to parking.

lol?

Is vessels the only thing that do a thing to you?

Yeah im sure we get along... oh yeah wait i remember, you're the one that likes to just rebuild things.

@Chucksteak

Like @Xantria said, i like your idea in general.

Perhaps the gold cost aspect COULD help but then we get a grind vs reward dilemma also. Her and @eeeceee are also correct in stating that players would use them as a FOBs to launch endless waves of landbased attacks (unless a mechanism was introduced to prevent this) Theoretically a Mega could park half a dozen of these FOBs around tons of islands (alt account dilemma) and pillage endlessly simply using a 2nd ship to resupply and fast travel to zip around. If simply implemented EXACTLY as you've stated it WOULD lead to island wastelands, unless its "reworked" some more as i stated.

I think the idea being proposed by the devs of some type of armored shipyard w an upkeep cost MAY be the best solution (aside from the one I'm keeping to myself for now). Even that needs some tweaking i think based on some other posts I've read. Also, they may create a similar FOB problem, unless theres some rules regarding them I'm unaware of (doing PvE this season to learn the trade system and adjust to the sticker shock of ship prices). Someone stated the current ones take ~850 cannonballs EACH to destroy. Then youve got the ship to sink also, unless its destroyed when the dock goes down, i dunno, does it? Can they be placed anywhere or does it have a requirement to be near the flag?... Also, anyone know the preplaced weight? Can multiple ones be carried around and placed wherever the defences are lacking?

Also some people have proposed allowing 1 vessel to be uploaded into the "cloud". This is also a possible solution but needs to be implemented correctly or some poor raiders will find Gallys unexpectedly raining down on them 🤣. Also it presents a possible intelligence gathering dilemma for raiders, specifically, how do they choose a target if they don't know the approximate strength of their adversary?

Sidenote @Chucksteak dunno if you noticed but i cited your general ideas regarding the upcoming claim system.

Have a good turkey day

Edited by Ranger1k
Typos

19 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

(aside from the one I'm keeping to myself for now). Even that needs some tweaking i think based on some other posts I've read.

Did you pay to play early access or what? Why would you pay to help a game, and then repeatedly state that you don't want to help unless you get paid? Sidenote I think you are correct about the reading more.

19 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

Also some people have proposed allowing 1 vessel to be uploaded into the "cloud". This is also a possible solution but needs to be implemented correctly or some poor raiders will find Gallys unexpectedly raining down on them 🤣. Also it presents a possible intelligence gathering dilemma for raiders, specifically, how do they choose a target if they don't know the approximate strength of their adversary?

Some people say 1 vessel? Why just 1? Why would they be poor raiders if gallys suddenly appeared? If you go to attack someone, and they have no gallys, that is sad, but then if they have gallys suddenly appear, that would be fun. Sheesh. Possible intelligence gathering dilemma indeed.

Ok lol? Cya. I'm sure if you ask again you will get the big bucks

Edited by eeeceee

22 hours ago, eeeceee said:

Ok lol? Cya. I'm sure if you ask again you will get the big bucks

Thread provided as an example...

@eeeceee

Some responses to your trolling and blatant lies...

1. You ask, quite absurdly, "Did you pay to play an EA game? Why would you pay to help a game...." Let me correct your pigeon-logic RIGHT there.... I paid to play a game that looked fun. Period. The EA side only became a significant issue to me after the abrupt NA-PvP wipe.

2 Continuing on you blatantly lie stating "and repeatedly state you don't want to help unless you get paid?"

Ask @Ali_knight, @Darkwave, @jmurph, @Gomez Addams, @Whitehawk, @Xantria , @Chucksteak, @Nacona... Theres more i just listed some of the few easy to recall. Ive either helped some of these fellow forum members directly or engaged in topical discussions about solutions to problems. I've been both supportive AND devils advocate. You know why, (get your dictionary out) because theyve be helpful also and some even RECIPROCATE. Also because they're HONEST about their opinions..

I HAVE stated I'd like to be a part of this development team. So what? I like games, i like brainstorming and Im confident in my ability to be useful. I give ZERO fucks about your opinion or dimwitted, circular thoughts regarding this.

I HAVE stated that i have a novel approach for improvng this games features and that I have been cautioned to remain silent regarding it since it could produce an enormous windfall AND is applicable to ANY MMO. If your unsure of how i feel regarding your thoughts on this please reread the previous paragraph.

I'm sure you will feel the need to respond to this thread. Don't. It's not a discussion w you, its an explanation and a defense to your blatant trolling and lying.

I have to go now, ..to play Atlas,... The game you stated several months that you unintalled. Bye

👀

Edited by Ranger1k
Clarification
  • Like 1

I thought you said bye? Then you just spam it up and try to attack me?

That is a bit suspicous.

Are you ok?

Devil's advocate? More like braindead, hah

The EA side only became a significant issue after the abrupt NA PVP wipe? Oh, OKAY. That makes every thing you spam okay, and everyone else is absurd.

Lol enormous windfall out your ass/mouth. Big bunch of hot air spammed up on the forums.

You haven't responded to anything i say, and when you try to, it appears that you are unable to control that enormous windfall, so you resort to things a oompa loompa would do and make statements without providing an explanation, then ironically ask for an explanation when people reply hey man are you a moron or a troll? Obviously.... You are the one that needs to explain.

Or you just say bye and retreat out of the conversation

Edited by eeeceee

33 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

....Lol enormous windfall out your ass/mouth. Big bunch of hot air spammed up on the forums.....

Ahahaha 🤣. Ok I'll give ya credit on that one. That was actually quite witty....

I think your balls have finally dropped young man.. 🎂

PS yes i did say bye to you, yet you still wouldn't stop, so i felt it appropriate to present simple documentation.

Now go see if a pubic hair popped out also... 😉

Off, fly off my little pidgeon, away, away, far from the checkerboard.. 🤣

As I pointed out, which you go out of your way to avoid, you said bye, then you go out of your way to try and think of some way to attack me.

Sad. And braindead. If you have balls, they are old and droopy, might drop off completely.