ATLAS

Patch V515.17 - Armored Docks, Trade System and Barrel Updates

Ahoy Pathfinders!

We want to start off by expressing our gratitude to the community throughout the launch of the Trade System. As we sail along the development journey, some seas may be rougher than others, but we are still making progress and we would like to extend our thanks to the community for their patience in joining us on this ride. Although we had to consequently disable Trades last week while we worked on a solution, we will be enabling them again with tonight’s patch. 

Patch 515.17 is scheduled for tonight, 11/18 at 7:00 PM PST. 

Harvest Rates will also be returning to normal.

EDIT 11/18 as of 11:30 PM PT:
We are working on the Trade Functionality and ping spike issues related to Markets. Trades are not working at this time. We hope to have a fix by the end of the week with Trades enabled again soon. If anything changes, we will let you guys know. Thank you!

EDIT 11/18 9:00 PT: Note to Private Servers:
Private Server Admins may need to run the following command to clear Market Logs and get the Trade Routes running again:

cheat CleanMarketLogs 0

:anchor: Further Developing the Trade System :anchor:

The ATLAS Trade System is an ambitious undertaking that we want to make into one of the core pillars of ATLAS gameplay. Even with the initial iteration of Trade Functionality introduced, it is still very early in the development phase. We are continuing to develop the system in a step-by-step process. Early Access gives us the unique opportunity to roll out the system in phases to see how it performs live, allowing us to also make changes and improvements based on community feedback. It is to be expected that while the Trade System is still in its early development phases, we may have to regularly enable/disable Trading as required to fix any bugs that may occur - although we will do our best to minimize this possibility. For players wondering if this means we will have to perform a wipe, the last wipe was necessary for us to clear any withstanding issues from a previous implementation of the Sea Forts. The Trade System was implemented in a way so that we can disable/enable Trade Functionality server side without requiring a client update or a wipe. With that being said, depending on the issue and how it affects gameplay, sometimes it can be necessary.

Trade Shipments will remain virtual for the time being until the system is more stable, and testing on the tangible NPC Shipments continues.

:anchor: Survivability :anchor:

As a survival sandbox, the gameplay surrounding the risk of losing your stuff is part of the appeal. However, there is a balance to it and we recognize the need to introduce some elements to help with survivability. One of the first things we’ll be introducing are Armored Docks, as seen in the preview image, to protect your hard earned ships!

With tonight’s update, players will be able to build the first one - the Large Armored Dock, which can be found in the Seamanship Tree under the Expert Shipwright skill. For 1200 Alloy, 1800 Fiber, 6000 Stone, 2000 Thatch, and 2500 Wood and a daily upkeep cost, players will be able to build a Large Armored Dock to park and protect their ship in this 300,000 hp Armored Structure. 

At this time, the Large Armored Dock can protect all ships. However, this large version is intended to store Brigs and Galleons, with smaller version(s) to come out later. The long term goal is that larger ships will need a lot more support than smaller ships.

Please know that this is still the Alpha version of the Armored Dock. Future Patches will see bug fixes, balance changes, and more polish to the Armored Docks. We are not quite there yet, but with further balance and changes, we hope to see this as one of the first of many changes that will also help solo Pirates and Small Companies.

:anchor: Community Feedback :anchor:

We would like to thank the Community again for their continued feedback and support throughout the ATLAS development journey. The reintroduction of Explosive Barrels was meant to bring back an old mechanic and create a space and balance for it. We have spent a lot of time observing the gameplay surrounding it and we have been paying attention to your feedback. While we are still going to be introducing changes with Barrel gameplay in mind, we do hear you! 

In 515.17, Explosive Barrels can no longer be fired from Cannons or Large Cannons. We have also added an 80 Gold cost for crafting Explosive Barrels. Thank you to the Community for your part in helping us to shape and define ATLAS gameplay.

:anchor: Released Patch Notes :anchor:

V515.7

New Structure: Armored Dock
The Armored Dock is a structure built in shallow water to dock a ship inside of. It must be destroyed before the ship can be damaged. This Alpha version of the Armored Dock is still in progress and not fully functional! Be warned!

Smaller Armored Docks are coming in future patches along with bug fixes, balance changes, and polish.

• Added Large Armored Dock to the Seamanship Tree under the Expert Shipwright skill
  • Has 300,000 health and is an Armored Structure, giving it increased resistance to explosive damage
  • Costs 500 Gold upkeep per day (This will be reduced to 150 gold in the next patch)

Explosive Barrels

• Explosive Barrels can no longer be fired from Cannons or Large Cannons (may still be fired from Catapults)
  • Added 80 Gold cost for crafting Explosive Barrels

Sea Forts

• Duplicated some flag interactions onto the Sea Fort Tax Bank
  • Fixed some stuck interactions with the Sea Fort Tax Bank

Structures

• Increased resistance to explosive damage by 40% for Large Stone Walls, Large Stone Gateways, and Large Stone Gates
  • Weight of placed Catapults increased from 120 to 150

Trade Log

• Fixed issues where Trade Log incorrectly reflects what was sent and received
  • Fixed an issue where sender and receiver were swapped in Trade Log
  • Added resources received from Trade Events to Trade Log
  • Fixed some scrolling issues with Trade Log

Trade Shipments

• Fixed an issue where resources were received twice from one trade
  • Fixed multiple issues where incorrect amounts of resources were received
  • Fixed multiple issues with Shipments getting stuck, eventually causing performance issues
  • Fixed the amount of Income (Gold) generated by Trade routes. It should now correctly reflect the route's length
  • Updated some virtual shipment server settings

Market

• Markets must now be within 22m of a Warehouse to connect
  • Fixed an issue where Markets and Warehouses could not connect
  • Fixed some issues where editing Trade Offers would create mismatched information between the server and the client and break those offers
  • Added new Trade Route statuses to replace PENDING:
    • SENT: Trade Route requests you have made that are pending
    • RECEIVED: Trade Route requests other Markets have made to you
  • Cleaned up some Market interface interactions

Misc

• Removed XP reward from all Golden Age Army of the Damned Soldiers
  • Added 10 second cooldown to gliding after crossing server borders

:anchor:  Final Note  :anchor:

Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch, as well as timing, may be different from what was previously discussed. 

As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support! 🙂

:wheel:

Happy Sailing,

- ATLAS Crew

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh shit, how ugly the docks are.

I very much like all islands to be built with the ugly parts 😞😭

Anyone who messes up an island with such a dock should also have to pay for it.
So please increase the maintenance costs from 500 gold to 5000 gold / day and not lower it to 150 gold.

Edited by DangerRocket

they havent fixed everything but proof the devs arent dog shit for brains with a little bit of donkey piss thrown on there for flavor 

aka good on ya devs you did a good

Edited by human thee three
  • Like 1

nice copy of my harbor bunkers...

If you now just give the large walls 1.200.000 HP (same as 10x12 walls), I would consider saving your server some structures (like 119 each)...

Edited by Sheepshooter
  • Like 1

Would like to see you reduce the cost of ships for Gold. It is an extreme step considering a Schooner went from 50 Gold to 5,000 Gold. That seems to me like someone made an error. Pressed another zero. If you take a zero off all figures then it reads better and that would be my suggestion. You would then maintain your restriction on the ships but still give a challenge

no to gold upkeep for this monster and no gold req. for barrels because it hurts solo and small aswell

everything else sounds great

please add some recources in to the trade like -herbs medical and -hide and such

maybe something is wrong with the farmhouses, i reequip the coal and it works i leave the area or log out come back after 2 hours and it has stopped and

sometimes only stacks of 9 in the farmhouse, then i have to take this stacks of 9 out and start again, then it is running until the behaviour i stated above starts.

Edited by photek
  • Like 1

The armoured ship dock, aside from causing massive lag, is gonna be a red rag to a raging bull. ie a good challenge for a large company of bored griefers. Talk about over engineering a solution without eradicating the problem. you could provide offline storage, so that the ships aren't in the game. Yeh harder to execute admittedly, but at least it would be a permanent solution to lag and offline raiding. All you've done is give the small group less hope, and the larger company more of a reason to attack. Maybe instead of gaming devs you could employ someone who understands human nature, cos you clearly don't . 

• Like 1

the patch was meant to drop  at 7pm pst......as im uk that works out at 3am gmt time......so where is it?

i dont see amything....no warning in game...no update on steam ect?

anyone know?

What happens if you don't pay the upkeep? does the dock explode or do just the gates open?

• Like 1

So dare I ask what else you are going to take the XP from? How about those of us that play PvE and don't want to jump through hoops to  level up? You keep taking and taking things and the only things that seem to get added are things for PvP.  Could you somehow adjust things like this for just the PvP and leave some of the XP for things such as the Kraken, Powerstones, Yeti and now the XP from doing maps and killing the Army of the damned.... maybe just cut the amount rewarded from doing these things in half not cut the XP completely? Could you please have some consideration for nonofficial servers... especially non official PvE servers and their communities? Like could you update the DEVKIT so that the server owners can do things that make things nice and fun for their members? I love Atlas... have over 1800 hours in and hate seeing some of the changes the devs had made lately.  You should really take a look at how many people are playing for the PvE aspects and don't play PvP and give some attention and work on things for PvE too. 

51 minutes ago, hurricane moon said:

the patch was meant to drop  at 7pm pst......as im uk that works out at 3am gmt time......so where is it?

i dont see amything....no warning in game...no update on steam ect?

anyone know?

I closed out Steam completely and restarted Steam and the download for the update started automatically because I have auto updates on. Hope that helps. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I wish you guys would apply at least a more graduating curve on the ship costs.  Galleons can be stupidly costly considering their capabilities, but Brigs and Schooners still feel overpriced in the gold demand.

...where is that gold going anyways?  Do we have to pay off the Atlas Shipwright's Guild to build our own ships now?

Yeah I agree. I understand trying to push people toward the trade system but it was a ridiculous jump in coin and just doesn’t make sense. Really hurt the game more than it help in my opinion. 

And no fix for the markets, it is painfully slow to get the gold for ships.
I could really live with them not generating the money, but with 80% of bottles poofing, not yielding maps, getting gold is a shitshow 😞

Somehow i think the fixes to market were only on the patchnotes, i wonder if they will ever work in this wipe.
How they passed QA in the first place?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’ve only just started playing this game I played ark for a long time so I’m used to the grind but the Ship prices are ridiculous it would Take me till this time next year to get gallon and then I would be Reluctant to take it into a fight in case I lost it love the game but too much grind not enough fun 

• Like 2

Totally agree with @Kummba. What is up with map bottles? Maps are a primary way to get gold and getting 4 out of 5 empty bottles makes me feel like a geriatric beach comber looking at every piece of trash floating in the ocean for something good. Please please fix this. Thank you!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Muller said:

I’ve only just started playing this game I played ark for a long time so I’m used to the grind but the Ship prices are ridiculous it would Take me till this time next year to get gallon and then I would be Reluctant to take it into a fight in case I lost it love the game but too much grind not enough fun 

My aim on this game would be to have a gallon and be a pirate sailing the oceans at the moment I’m spending all my time on land still only have sloop 😂

57 minutes ago, Gomez Addams said:

Totally agree with @Kummba. What is up with map bottles? Maps are a primary way to get gold and getting 4 out of 5 empty bottles makes me feel like a geriatric beach comber looking at every piece of trash floating in the ocean for something good. Please please fix this. Thank you!

Plus, this 1 of 5 cards you get will definitely be at the very top of the cliffs.  😕

• Like 1

yay.

Give the barrels some love. If you REALLLLLLY need to have them fired from a cannon, maybe make them not explode straight away, so your repair err dude can get rid of it, like a harpoon.

2 hours ago, Gomez Addams said:

I’m Fairly new to the game is  getting the bottles the best way of getting gold ? I’ve been diving ship wrecks Most I’ve had is about 400 gold there’s also been some where  I couldn’t get the gold the wrecks  where on sandbanks no way in 

For the bottles, have you tried to collect the low quality ones first?

Armored ship docks sounds interesting, but "Removed XP reward from all Golden Age Army of the Damned Soldiers " sounds lame.

Bottles give you good blueprints, gold and xp, unless these guys nerfed that idk