Ark has Dinos that plays love. Atlas is supposed to be a Pirate game. What do Pirates like? Rum, Gold and there ships! There only 4 shell type class you can build from and I'm sorry but they are wrong! Your Galleon is a " Ship of the line" class. Put in a smaller Man of War! Where are all the smaller class frame ships that players can build on? Why can we have different types of cannons not all cannons where the same! Why is there only one sword? There was many types!  These are some of the things that myself and other players have been Saying from the beginning of this Game! We want this Game to work! We want to see this Game be as popular as Ark! Why don't you listen and care as much as We do! Adding just a few of these things can go a long way! Players I ask in game all day the same thing. Why? And How Come?

Edited by Bladecolector
Miss spelling

I agree.

Do you think the Developpers are a bit lost at to what to do. Or maybe there just too small to work on that much stuff.

I actually really don't understand why the haven't put in a few more ships since launch.

You think for a pirate game that would be something to try.

If there stuck for developpers time to make these things...then allow the community to develop a few ships and choose the best ones to add too the game...Could even make it into a competition of some sorts.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bladecolector said:

Why? And How Come?

ARKlogic, don't try to understand it.

Oh and before you think ARK is flawless, it's not. By far.

One thing ARK has going correctly; The story and the "endgame". 

That's something ATLAS still hasn't got. There's none clarity of an identity to the game.

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr

16 hours ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

ARKlogic, don't try to understand it.

Oh and before you think ARK is flawless, it's not. By far.

One thing ARK has going correctly; The story and the "endgame". 

That's something ATLAS still hasn't got. There's none clarity of an identity to the game.

First all I Never said Ark was flawless or do you see any post here that I typed saying that it is. I'm just stating conversation that I hope other will talk about Helping this Game. And Hope the wall that seems to be between the developers and players that have been here from the beginning. Ark gots more going on then Atlas. Players maybe not you, want to see more things like ships added that was promise to us the players from the beginning. And why the developers still are not listen or deliver?

Edited by Bladecolector
Miss spelling

I feel the mod Indiaman is a decent ship, and a two-gun deck frigate could be a good selection as well.  Would love to see a caravel or similar small-mid size ship to complement the schooner.

But this Dev team seems to have not a clue as to what they are doing...

• Like 1

Ark dinos are just single entities on the server, the ships in atlas are multiple entities, and the devs have said that the server cannot handle more ships that are coded in way they code ships. Also, apparently the person who originally coded the ships left the dudes a long time ago. Thats you why get camelophant, and sub, and ramming ship.

Yeh those mods are funny, how they add ships...

These guys won't be able to use a new engine, they barely are able to use the current engine?

However, they actually did change engines from ark. Atlas uses a newer engine already.

Im sorry but I cant really understand the rest of your post after your first sentence....

37 minutes ago, Bladecolector said:

I'm A " let's try mind set Did we get to the Moon on A " well this is all there is? Can't try other things." No!  We tried and tried again till it worked

... because of things like this.

Yeah the modders can make stuff, such as the camelophant, and the devs can buy that.

You remember ark being only one map? Yeah ok well i remember when the trees in ark were fucking crazy and went sideways outta the ground, and nothing in the game worked. Same thing with altas, people spawning in the middle of the ocean for no fucking reason, lol. Why can't atlas be more like ark? Well, that is the point of the thread. The answer is simply that they are two different games, one was lucky enough to turn out to be good, the other not so much....

42 minutes ago, Bladecolector said:

You sound as if this is it!

Yep, I did uninstall, because of reasons.