Sign in to follow this  
ATLAS

11/13 - Trading Temporarily Disabled

Ahoy Pathfinders,

We will be temporarily disabling Trade while we continue to investigate a solution for the Server Issues related to Markets and Trading.

If you continue to see performance or server related issues, please report them to us in the Server Outage form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdhAG84VvDhPBurAY8p4JLUhQfAmhjg42UR6o5zQTuzlqD6NQ/viewform

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

The game is playing smooth again and the red walls of doom are gone.  Thank you for disabling the Markets to allow the game to be playable again.  Only thing I am noticing in my region is the day did not get reset during the wipe.  Currently showing 3810.

The red walls are not gone. The grid next to me D7 had red walls last night. Not once no, more than once. Ok so Grapeshot wants us to be on the ocean and now I cant build a freakin boat unless I get 25k gold. wtf? The game is getting worse. Why can't you give the players what they want? We don't want to play the game to your rules. Clearly you don't know what you are doing. Someone built a farmhouse right behind my base. Thank you grapeshot. Now I cant build a farmhouse and can't expand my base. Next to me is a warehouse and also I cant build a warehouse. So Im stuck and the only choice is to find another place and restart or QUIT. This was a bad move and you can't see it.

Edited by DrLizzard

24 minutes ago, DrLizzard said:

The red walls are not gone. The grid next to me D7 had red walls last night. Not once no, more than once. Ok so Grapeshot wants us to be on the ocean and now I cant build a freakin boat unless I get 25k gold. wtf? The game is getting worse. Why can't you give the players what they want? We don't want to play the game to your rules. Clearly you don't know what you are doing. Someone built a farmhouse right behind my base. Thank you grapeshot. Now I cant build a farmhouse and can't expand my base. Next to me is a warehouse and also I cant build a warehouse. So Im stuck and the only choice is to find another place and restart or QUIT. This was a bad move and you can't see it.

they dont care about PVE join the pvp crowd or continue to get the shaft, pretty simple.

• Like 1

Well that was nice for a little. It seems B5 is back to 255 constant ping as of last night 😞

Edit: Ping is back down, someone had an enabled market place running. @Gortok Did you guys accidentally reenable them on PvE with the restart last night?

Edited by Gindorf

My grid was running 155 ping, surprisingly zero lag or rubberbanding...

~ 20 people on it

Sails were acting a little wonky but thats it

On 11/14/2020 at 11:42 AM, DrLizzard said:

Get real. Blow that shit up and rob everything becuase your a pirate.

If you find your a pirate who cant actually pirate anything.....time for introspection. 

Would you play a racing game where you cant race anyone?

Would you play a FPS where you dont shoot anyone?

Do you even want to be a pirate? Perhaps minecraft is what you were looking for.

Pyrates didn't really pay for ships though, they stole them. So are all the 'real' pyrates gonna stop playing now?

• Thanks 1

@lordkhan4444They might not care about it but they are more than happy to sell copies promising it. 
Care for a less “cutthroat” experience? Join one of our PvE servers and cooperate with thousands of other players to explore the globe, discover new secrets, and even fight mythical creatures together. Create powerful companies with old friends or build an entire player-run town with some new ones. The world of ATLAS is yours to shape!

One of our servers Hahahaha. 

• Haha 2

On 11/16/2020 at 9:18 AM, Whitehawk said:

Pyrates didn't really pay for ships though, they stole them. So are all the 'real' pyrates gonna stop playing now?

Possibly. I am sure that they paid for SOME things. Else why pirate the gold to begin with?

• Haha 1

Yeh booze and women, but I am talking about ships. I find it ironic that you criticize a player for not being pyraty enough for the game, and tell them to play minecraft instead, when you are willing to buy your own ship, which a real pyrate deffo would not do.I am an authentic pyrate and I've got my sub and torpedoes to prove it. And a flying dragon. If atlas carries on down the trade, gold,warehouse, route there will be no pyrating left, just sea battles!

Pirates paid for tons of other stuff and engaged in all types of commerce...

Clothes, hats, guns, ammo, swords, food, personnel, medical supplies, information, repairs and yes, even ships...

Buccaneers got into pirating selling food to passing ships, including pirate ships...

Sometime pirates took over a ship only to discover it was just full of sugar, rum or spices, which they then proceeded to sell... They took hostages and ransomed them... Piracy and commerce are intertwined

Then theres the privateer discussion 😉... lol which I agree to disagree w ya on

I DO agree w ya that ship stealing was a significant part of the pirate era and I'd like to see it used more in game. (never did get around to trying to steal a ship via "whats yours is mine"-skill someone told me it takes 12hours... Never got around to trying it on pvp. Any details regarding this would be appreciated.

Edited by Ranger1k
Typos

41 minutes ago, Ranger1k said:

never did get around to trying to steal a ship via "whats yours is mine"-skill someone told me it takes 12hours... Never got around to trying it on pvp. Any details regarding this would be appreciated.

It's complete shit? yeah those details, very hard to find....

Edited by eeeceee

Tbh when I bought Atlas I was always hoping it would become a true pyrate game with the odd maritime legend thrown in. Like an open world version of Pirates of the caribbean.  I guess it went down too many alternative routes for me, ie subs torps and dragons etc. Personally I hope skull and bones hurries up for release.

I'd just like to say too, that instead of gold for ships, you could earn notoriety points by acts of pyracy, ie stealing attacking, raiding etc, then the amount you have will go towards what size ship you can have. At least that way it would encourage Pyracy and make ship buying/building more enjoyable.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 5:14 PM, Chucksteak said:

Get real. Blow that shit up and rob everything becuase your a pirate.

Do you even want to be a pirate? Perhaps minecraft is what you were looking for.

On PvE?

I know what minecraft is about and got Atlas for the sea exploration and guests etc and PvE.. I dont want to play 24/7 not to wake up with nothing left. I have played ARK PvP also. And yes there is a PvE side of the game and it doesnt work as intended.

Pour moi on devrais limiteur les fermés à 5 par alliance exemple.

Et les entrepôt on ne saie pas en mètre car les autre joueur en on déjà mis il en a 3 sur l'ile du coup on ne saie plus en mettre.

Le goélette 2000 pièce d or 

Le brigantine 10000 j ou 

Le galion 25000 d ou car pour les jours solo il on dur a avoir 1000 piece d ou deja.

Edited by igame1979
  • Haha 1

Is the trading still disabled? It does not appear to be working for me post patch, or anyone in my zone.