Sign in to follow this  
Bowserkoopa

5k gold for a schooner

5,000 gold for a schooner. It takes quite a bit of effort to earn 5k gold with nothing but a sloop. Maybe if markets were working properly it wouldn't be so bad for the 20% of the companies who actually managed to get a warehouse down, but the market is broken right now. Sure it works sometimes, but mostly not. Maybe due to the lag that the markets are likely causing. who knows?

A simple solution to the problem is to remove the gold cost entirely. What's the point of it anyway? Where does that gold even go? I'm the one building the ship. I had to learn the skills and collect the materials and build it myself. So where is the gold going?

If you don't want to completely remove the gold cost (idk why you implemented it in the first place), at least lower it by some insane amount. 500g for a regular schooner and 5k for a mythic schooner. 5k gold for an ordinary junk schooner I'm building myself makes no sense whatsoever.

Can anyone help me understand why this was ever put into the game? I don't understand.

• Thanks 1

It's to prevent ship spam... but now the fucking idiots (devs) are just making sloop spam because DUHHHH it's the only free ship and takes 10 minutes to build a fully kitted one.

Edited by Zeenjayli
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

they said they want to get people off land and onto the sea, oh wait that would be the opposite, nvm.

Right, make ships more expensive while also making them easier to sink.  "Dev Logic"