Sign in to follow this  
Cpt.Yarrr

Wipe before 31sth of decmber due to new claiming system.

Ye, its even on official DC of ATLAS pinned too....

I can't stop laughing  right now, it hurts so much. This game and the company wich "makes" it...

what is so unclear about the last official post about 2020

ofc they wipe soon

and i want it because the claiming system is trash, but propably the new system will be trash again like the trading route that makes no gold and no trades pop up and markets loading endless

they should wipe before 24th tho, because you know, if you build up in your holiday and then new year everything is gone it would be another fu to the community

Edited by photek
  • Like 1

If they wipe that soon after this wipe, I am done until official Launch. 

Yes, I know, the devs don't give a rats ass about how many players leave, as long as they have enough left to do their testing for them.

So quick question...

We get the old flag system back, which resulted in a wipe because it was a spamming mess (especially on PVE).
For what?
Because people are unable to get around living on a already claimed island, and live in lawless where they cannot live?
How about remove the lawless islands and make them claimable? doubles the number of islands right there and gives "everyone" 15hrs of peace...

Because guess what after the last three seasons there will be no one that will allow someone else claiming a part of their island.
So after many tears the islands will be each spammed by one company. Roman rule of empire: 'make a desert and call it peace'.
Also if it would somehow work that people share claim an island, there will be no taxes (because no one will live in another claim), bye bye cooperation...

This all sounds like the barrel problem:
"Hey fellow new devs, I found this option to shoot barrels from cannons that the old devs implemented and then removed really quick which I don't understand, sounds like a good idea, lets set this option to '1'..."
"Hey fellow new devs! I found a another option the old timers disabled fro no reason I am able to understand, it is about claim flags, lets set that one to '1' too...!"

Just saying to devs: Please don't do this, it is likely a move that will kill the game entirely... 

Even a wipe after 4-5 months, is exhausting for a lot of players who spend a lot of time with building, breeding lines, grinding for all sorts of stuff. Not to talk about the achievement of claiming 1-2 islands, getting up at 4 am to do that, and sacrifice sleep for a whole night, etc etc. And the grind to build up a main base, get new ships etc. 

A wipe after 6-8 weeks is completely intolerable, and any gam devs who do this, will give their game a very bad reputation, and lose most of its playerbase. 

Thanks. I hope to see an official post from devs assuring us there is no plan for wiping until at least spring/late spring. The dev. rep. who said end of year on discord, that stuff needs to be said in an official statement if it's true. Cause the rage from players if you don't go public with this now, is gonna be huge. Imagine all these people grinding, grinding, grinding, for 6 weeks now. And then after that, hearing "now there's a wipe".... 

Gee. Too tired to write more, this whole thing was crazy to hear. Hope to hear good news from devs, soon. That they are realizing their mistake etc. 

9 hours ago, Ktorr said:

If they wipe that soon after this wipe, I am done until official Launch. 

So... you are done for good? 😛 You cant really believe, that they will ever make it out of EA after all the stunts they pulled?

29 minutes ago, Grongash said:

So... you are done for good? 😛 You cant really believe, that they will ever make it out of EA after all the stunts they pulled?

Benefit of the doubt.

I don’t mind the restarting, I just need time frames. I will play differently in a 2 month season (I have to call it something) than I would in a 6 month one. I will just sail around in a sloop in a short season and kill hydras and drakes with carbines and collect stones for fun. In a longer ‘instance’ I would build a nicer base and try for a bigger boat. It’s not knowing that makes me cringe. But they don’t know so why should I? Hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gomez Addams said:

I don’t mind the restarting, I just need time frames. I will play differently in a 2 month season (I have to call it something) than I would in a 6 month one. I will just sail around in a sloop in a short season and kill hydras and drakes with carbines and collect stones for fun. In a longer ‘instance’ I would build a nicer base and try for a bigger boat. It’s not knowing that makes me cringe. But they don’t know so why should I? Hahaha

45x45. We where almost finished building when we heard wipe was allready in the making.

Maybe the devs should just fix the problems and go back to last season seemed to be fine for me now this trading nonsense and changing the claim for islands how about go back to Na eu servers don’t that I don’t like playing with others from across the pond but you cram us all in to one server on pve and got rid of a bunch of islands period messed the map all up north south east and west and equatorial was fine bring back more islands another server for pve not everone wants to play pvp fix the bugs before adding more content and stop wiping the game there’s away to save our progress in clouds or something we work to build and you wipe it it’s getting ridiculously out of hand many others feel the same way where all getting to the point of no return 

lol?

On 11/16/2020 at 7:26 AM, Jimmy Shimmy said:

Maybe the devs should just fix the problems ............... it’s getting ridiculously out of hand many others feel the same way where all getting to the point of no return 

Uh huh. Maybe, but you know, fuck that? Sounds like effort.

Edited by eeeceee
  • Haha 2