Sign in to follow this  
Blacksheep1B

Vote, trading or ship combat?

Curious what players expected when they purchased this. 

1. Trading.

2. Ship combat.

I figured customer feed back might point them in the right direction.

1 or 2? 

Edited by Blacksheep1B
  • Like 1

When we started it was amazing sea adventures with survival stuff. I mean all was glitchy, I lost around 7 of my first ships to just buggs and glitches, but anyway. That was gr8 survival experience. And we thought this will be IT!!! World where we will survive. Build. Defense. Supply. And then go explore. Search for hidden secrets, experience epic battles, face pirates and ancient evil! And then...

Then all gone to easier and safer sandbox (like now I'm starting at tundra and building my first base runnin around naked. 2 years ago we had to spend nights inside temporary buildings with campfire near). Some weird content added (like dinos and magical torpedoes). No more need to survive - the bear-tame is the only we need (no armor, no weapons, no defense lines around our base). With lack of adventures content, devs made so we don't need to sail anywhere (we actually HAD to sail for saps to craft fur stuff for tundra, then all necessary resources were spread everywhere).

Last season they dramatically decrease reward for all adventures, and then up basic stuff. With new leveling system our common ships got way stronger than mythic parts ships before. So we also stop hunting better blueprints (I down plenty of lvl-60 Damned Galleys with just common Brig).

Right now they add automated resource and gold gathering, by creating some premade building.

And I really don't understand WHAT ARE THEY DOING? Most players who stayed in the game during maelstrom were "happy farmers" and "the sims". I mean those who were building their grand palaces and breeding bears!

If that's what DEVS want? They do want all sailing guys, pirates, adventurers out? They want happy farmers with their grand palaces and breeding technologies in? Then they have to make a statement. I really don't get what players should do with those trade routes... should they hunt another players tradeships and defend their own (for nothing in reward)? Should they capture and hold those trade points and fight for them? Was that an idea?

I think more types of ships! And more custom for the ships! I would love to put thatch on to a sloop or schooner to give it a Chinese Ship look with the skin sails you can get.