Sign in to follow this  
Aegis

Warehouse suggestion

I have an idea of warehouse placement

Atm we can build a number warehouse on an island and the radius cover of that warehouse determent how many farmhouse it can get the resources from.

But since trading is the main sources of gold income now, warehouse become more important and every company will want 1 at less, but because the warehouse placement prevention radius, most company will not be able to put a warehouse down.

So I think a good idea will be ...... only allow to place 1 warehouse per island per company, do not need the prevention radius, and coverage of the warehouse will be the whole island, just like the silo, so that way company will not spam warehouse everywhere, since only allow 1 warehouse per company per island and other company will be able to place the warehouse down as well

Edited by Aegis
  • Like 2

I agree I think this would be for the best, I’m a solo pve player and have spent the whole time since the wipe trying to find somewhere to place a farmhouse and a warehouse been to so many islands going to every cove and beach and still haven’t been able to place a ware house anywhere managed to place one farmhouse. But how is a solo player meant to play as I need thousands of gold to build a ship? Something I disagree with but hey ho now if only I could place and warehouse to earn gold so I can build a ship. Oh wait I can’t because of the restrictions 

Edited by Padwah

People telling this since farmhouse was introduce, and then warehouse. But DEVs either:

- Don't understand, don't care, or don't know about most of players unable to place their farm/warehouse (maybe DEVs don't even know how people actually do play, how ppl settle, how ppl establish their bases and how to improve this process in order to optimize available island space and ping issues).

- Don't know how to set program code to make it just one FH/WH per company/per island.

Edited by George Catcher

The problem w the 1 per company solutions is that people will just sub-divide their companies.

The only true solution,as OP stated, is to eliminate the prevention radius completely, and probably combine WH, Farmhouse and Market into a single structure.

Then as OP suggested MAYBE give it the range of a silo, maybe not, depending on whether they want to encourage strife & negotiations.

Problem solved. 

😉

Edited by Ranger1k

On 11/21/2020 at 11:45 PM, Ranger1k said:

The problem w the 1 per company solutions is that people will just sub-divide their companies.

The only true solution,as OP stated, is to eliminate the prevention radius completely, and probably combine WH, Farmhouse and Market into a single structure.

Then as OP suggested MAYBE give it the range of a silo, maybe not, depending on whether they want to encourage strife & negotiations.

Problem solved. 

😉

there will not be a problem with sub-divide companies, because if there is no warehouse prevention radius and the range of a silo, there is no point of sub-divide the company, the main reason why there are many warehouse around is because their warehouse cannot reach the farmhouse on the other side, so they build another warehouse to cover it, since farmhouse still have prevention radius, so there are limit on how many farmhouse an island it can have.

For example, let say the company able to build 10 farmhouse, if the want to sub-divide and build another warehouse, to make that warehouse work, it need farmhouse, so they need to take away 1 of the main company farmhouse and give it to sub-company, which is quite pointless, the only profit is to make gold to trade between them. but local trading only gain low amount of gold, so that does not effect the game that much

Edited by Aegis

I was stating that 1 per company BY ITSELF will not solve the problem.

So...

Actually we're pretty much in agreement. The exclusion radius needs to be lowered again (or eliminated) and the functions should probably combined, atleast farmhouse with WH (possibly the market also) with the resource collection radius expanded.

This COULD reduce the desire for companies to block out other WHs... Although in PvP WH blocking/destruction will still occur under the current system to reduce FOBs appearing on a companies island.

Considering how crowded on lawless now even without merit for passive resources, the problem likely to exist with higher ping as everyone will build on every grid for extra resources.

Set the limit to 1 per company may solve the problem, but devs have to make the output correlated to company size to reduce to motivation to form multiple companies with alts.

Edited by minipan9