Sign in to follow this  
Proxas

Depressing Community <mature language>

https://imgur.com/yiGkiT3

First thing I see when I log in. Pretty much the standard since day one and if its not that it's companies named "Cuntbusters" talking shit outside your base in voice.

Makes me sad. I wish today's gamers were more mature and just wanted to have fun without all this. People seemed nicer a decade or two ago.

#pepperidgefarmsremembers

• Sad 2

when in competitive gaming history, anonymous gamers have been polite most of the time?

• Like 1

Shit talking is fine, but this isn't "competitive" speech in nature.

As for when, like I said 2 decades ago, when online gaming first came around mainstream. People were chill and didn't do this, at least in my experience.

You basically highlight the problem, that this is normal and expected.

well besides of UO when i played on RP servers... im quite sure that shit talking existed too, we might had different lines today than we had 2 decades earlier with more access to the internet and social media

It honestly probably has to do with who was online at that time, now that the internet is much more common. Basically the garbage people got online.

Not disagreeing with shit talking per-say, calling someone shitty or "come at me bro" stuff. I feel like is different than this. Then there's all the remarks about the Chinese guilds.

I do believe the way they play ruins the game, but I don't like seeing all the racist crap people say to them more. Game really needs a global chat mute.

I also do not like the racist crap... but what do you expect with mostly americans after the trump speeches they consume?

Which by the way are fueling the Chineese streamer and what gets him the audience to bash westerners that shittalk about their country (its a vicious cycle)

But honestly after 2 decades on the internet you should have learned to ignore crap you do not like 😉

• Like 1

Eh. I feel you but I also feel like highlighting it is more important than ignoring it.

I wouldn't agree with the American exclusive racism, (I think the Trump link is way overblown), I'm US cit living in EU and its just as bad with them online.

Just happen to be on NA to play with friends.

Anyway, I hope your experience is fun at least so far.