Sign in to follow this  
Bobothewizard

Nice, same old atlas...

Decided to make a new character last night and see some of the changes that have taken place since the last time my cousin and I played, about 6-7 months ago. Figured what the heck, give it a shot.

Created a new character on the only Pve server available, I did read all the NA servers are gone but figured, meh give it a shot. About 5 minutes later Grubby McGruberson is born.

Spent some time in the freeport killing boars, getting a few levels and then gathering resources for my ramshackle boat. Get in the boat and look through the map and find a nice island down in the south east corner that says Settler Friendly and off I went. About 1 1/2 hours into the trip I start getting cold and I am like why am I dying from cold. Yeah, I forgot they changed the map and the arctic zone is now in the southeast corner lol but I was determined to get there in my cloth clothes so I added a few campfires to the boat and continued on. About 20 minutes later I figured I would stop at one of the islands and make some fur clothes and continue. No problem. Hit the nearest island, now still in the arctic, make a few wood foundations and get the tannery up.

My bad, I cant find any fiber on the island.... Forgot, not much fiber on arctic islands. Figured well I will just make a new character and make my home base in one of the temperate zones. Go back to the loading screen and pow new Grubby is born. Get through all the newbie stuff in freeport, get into my new ramshackle boat and set out for what looks like another good island this time in the temperate zone.

Head out to the open ocean and 10 minutes later, zone into another zone, ping goes up to where its almost unplayable and the game crashes. No big deal, try again. 10-15 minutes later the game crashes again and again and again. That was enough for me. Good luck pirates, see you in another few months. I might try single player tonight but probably not.