Firefoxa

Schooner 5000 gold?

18 hours ago, hartsia said:

if your play time is 15-30min a day then atlas isint for you. there is alot more casuals games out there, but if u have alot of play time and stil takes days for you to gather dor a shipyard and a brig, Then u sir are doing something wrong. Then instead maybi ask for tips and tricks. And yea without gold sink the gold is worthless. we need even more gold sink stuff

Lol, casuals.

Well, seeing as I've got 1600 hours clocked on Atlas in beats, I think it's fair to say I have time to play the game and for several hours at a time. As explained, I have no issue with grind until it seems unfair. 

So, couple things to address.

- You should ask for advice on the most basic of things you need to play the game.

- The game needs more sources to invest it's currency.

That's stupid. Why do I need to play the game your way, when I've played the game my way without an issue and enjoyed myself. Enjoyed myself enough to keep returning to playing the game. And let's be clear, we're not talking about how to make all the money in 5 seconds. This isn't me asking how to do end game content by myself. This is very basic progression. I shouldn't have to scour the forums in search for a method in which to build a basic ship. I shouldn't have to do even more work. There's enough.

This would be a completely different story if I was buying a prebuilt ship. That's fair. You can either do the labor, OR you can pay money for a built one. Boom, solved. In fact, that seems to be the direction they're going with these 'new' ships. Remove the gold cost then on one's you build yourself.

Second thing: "gold is worthless without something to spend it on". Okay.

What is the actual purpose of the trade system then? Isn't that supposed to be how it works? You sell things to people, make money, then use that money to buy things you need? Why is that not working?

Cosmetic stuff is also purchasable, which I've done. And they tend to be pricey, given you have to buy the set in pieces. There's also cosmetics for your ships for purchase. There's tames you can buy for the luls in pve. Helpful in pvp, I understand. And now they have purchasable ships! Whole ships built so you don't have to.

What I'd propose, is that primitive ships should not have a cost. Their primitive, and the goal really should be to build a better one. Uncommon, rare, ect. Stronger ship, more levels, so forth. Stronger ship demands more cost, and originally did. I mean, if you wanted a mythical ship, you have to have 6 different types of materials in order to build it. Which was fair, so assigning gold on top of that seems a bit over board to me but. "We need gold sinks" apparently.

47 minutes ago, Mduna said:

Lol, casuals.

Well, seeing as I've got 1600 hours clocked on Atlas in beats, I think it's fair to say I have time to play the game and for several hours at a time. As explained, I have no issue with grind until it seems unfair. 

So, couple things to address.

- You should ask for advice on the most basic of things you need to play the game.

- The game needs more sources to invest it's currency.

That's stupid. Why do I need to play the game your way, when I've played the game my way without an issue and enjoyed myself. Enjoyed myself enough to keep returning to playing the game. And let's be clear, we're not talking about how to make all the money in 5 seconds. This isn't me asking how to do end game content by myself. This is very basic progression. I shouldn't have to scour the forums in search for a method in which to build a basic ship. I shouldn't have to do even more work. There's enough.

This would be a completely different story if I was buying a prebuilt ship. That's fair. You can either do the labor, OR you can pay money for a built one. Boom, solved. In fact, that seems to be the direction they're going with these 'new' ships. Remove the gold cost then on one's you build yourself.

Second thing: "gold is worthless without something to spend it on". Okay.

What is the actual purpose of the trade system then? Isn't that supposed to be how it works? You sell things to people, make money, then use that money to buy things you need? Why is that not working?

Cosmetic stuff is also purchasable, which I've done. And they tend to be pricey, given you have to buy the set in pieces. There's also cosmetics for your ships for purchase. There's tames you can buy for the luls in pve. Helpful in pvp, I understand. And now they have purchasable ships! Whole ships built so you don't have to.

What I'd propose, is that primitive ships should not have a cost. Their primitive, and the goal really should be to build a better one. Uncommon, rare, ect. Stronger ship, more levels, so forth. Stronger ship demands more cost, and originally did. I mean, if you wanted a mythical ship, you have to have 6 different types of materials in order to build it. Which was fair, so assigning gold on top of that seems a bit over board to me but. "We need gold sinks" apparently.

I think the other guy was a white knight. For some reason they will defend any decision the devs make. Kind of like leftists and CNN. Blows my mind as well.

the game is dead man. The forums will not let you speak your peace without resistance if it differs from their view. These forums are a lot like the real world and politics. Almost exactly so.

• Thanks 1

you think so? tbh i hated it in the start, but then i started liking it and  the ships feel more valuable when u hafto pay for them, espseclly when u craft from mythical shipyards and the price is double, And it also gives me reasons to farm gold. in pvp its very nice feeling also when u risk more than just resourses.

King regards: white knight

In pve people buy printed ships from eachother, but in pvp u dont wanna sell printed ships to enemys. or even allies because of the big risk loosing it.  and u want backup ships aswell

28 minutes ago, hartsia said:

you think so? tbh i hated it in the start, but then i started liking it and  the ships feel more valuable when u hafto pay for them, espseclly when u craft from mythical shipyards and the price is double, And it also gives me reasons to farm gold. in pvp its very nice feeling also when u risk more than just resourses.

King regards: white knight

In pve people buy printed ships from eachother, but in pvp u dont wanna sell printed ships to enemys. or even allies because of the big risk loosing it.  and u want backup ships aswell

Seems like the easy fix would be pvp ships cost gold and pve they don’t.

• Like 1

This game is no different from all the rest, RULED BY MEGA CORPS, what a mega corp has to do with being a pirate still eludes me, when i first started playing this game i was over the moon that some one had made what i first thought a real pirate game, needless to say becoming more disappointed by the day with thier worthless actions and promises, regretting buying on PC and Xbox costing a total £54, Daylight robbery condoned by Microsoft, Devs and Microsoft are the real pirates and thats as close as you will get

I'd bet all my gold that the gold cost added to ships was only to reduce the number of ships and thus improve server performance.

Less ships = less lag.

Less ships = less fun = less players = less lag.

Server performance improved!  Back pats all around! 

How about that for some Atlas logic. From someone that has been 100 years old for 1,000 years.

• Like 1