Firefoxa

Schooner 5000 gold?

Has anyone experienced this? After building a small shipyard I was going to build a schooner, but the price to build was 5000 gold??? Normally is 50 gold?

Its now 5k. Brig is 25k, galley is 50k.

Fun is not permitted, you must grind grind grind to make the devs happy.

• Haha 1

Basically theu expect your company to have a farmhouse, warehouse, and marketplace setup and then do trades to generate gold. (Maps etc still work)

What they fail to consider is that your limited in placing them via distance.. and with no company limit... whoever gets there 1st wins then the rest are fucked with just map farming.

Oh and dont expect shit to decay either.. 20 day decay on warehouses and a 60day decay on marketplaces.

• Confused 1

What about SOLO players? There still is many of us. Turning to cheating as a bad idea, but could easily be the way SOLO players go.

Ohh well.

What about any type of players?

There used to be many of us, but now not so many.

You probably should turn cheats on, who are the devs to tell you how much gold you should pay for a barrel in the face?

If you read their post concerning the price for ships, they said they heard “a lot of noise”. Like we are pests or their ex’s. I love abuse so I keep playing Atlas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, funny, what did they "hear" concerning many other things? Not even a bunch of noise probably...

On 11/12/2020 at 5:15 AM, Pattus said:

Someone ping me when Season 7 starts.

Errm by this point the only atlas you will find will be a big book with a map of the world in it, not a game! 

Someone please hang the devs

If I can ever afford a ship again, I'm not taking it anywhere. It might get sunk. I'm building a wall around it and posting npcs to guard it.

• Haha 2

On 11/11/2020 at 2:25 AM, Gindorf said:

Its now 5k. Brig is 25k, galley is 50k.

Fun is not permitted, you must grind grind grind to make the devs happy.

I just got back into the game. Now that i know the cost of the bigger ships (I saw the $5K a couple days ago), I might just quit. I play with the family, but do all the heavy lifting... RIP

3 hours ago, King_Kong said:

I just got back into the game. Now that i know the cost of the bigger ships (I saw the $5K a couple days ago), I might just quit. I play with the family, but do all the heavy lifting... RIP

just build a market place you can earn that much in a day just by trading eazy peazy lemon squeezy

• Confused 1

On 11/11/2020 at 3:22 PM, Firefoxa said:

Has anyone experienced this? After building a small shipyard I was going to build a schooner, but the price to build was 5000 gold??? Normally is 50 gold?

Easily collected, three evenings in a row poked treasures. Now I collect gold for the Brigantine. What are you complaining about? in this game, and so there is nowhere to put gold.

Edited by Olegan76

Sorry for the necropost.

I just came back after getting discouraged after the third wipe. I understand the very big ships costing so much due to the things you can achieve on them... but 5k for a schooner? I thought I was literally bugged or that it was an "in lie of grinding pay 5k gold" type thing. No. This game hates its players. LOL

Hahaha, I wasted 132k gold this season to test totally useless, raw and unplayable in PVE ships! Some of them can barely survive a battle vs green damned ship. Majestic Kraken on the other side - can't stand against a single green damned galleon volley lol : )) That's how...

This game hates its players. LOL

stop complaining. this game needs money sinks. and use for gold. abd 5k is pretty fast to gain.

when u have a good trade setup. u gain 10-15k perday. and maps,sunkentreasures is also a good way to go. 

"Gold sink". Right.

Well, I'll tell you, I've played Atlas on and off since launch, and I have never actually had a terrible time. This game has always been a trash fire. They break the game with changes, and sometimes shit gets intensive with how costly the grind is, but regardless of that: It was never so terrible that I actually uninstalled the game and decided to spend my time else where; Until now.

I have returned from a break from the game, and my game plan was to get to lawless, build a starter brig to get off lawless and find somewhere else to base out of. Took me a few days to get to the point I could build a large shipyard, and it's a bit of a grind because I don't have tames. I don't have tames, because again- I don't plan on sticking around lawless and don't want to have to move everything in several trips. But 18000 gold investment? On a VANILLA SHIP? Excuse me?

Fuck off, Atlas.

It was already going to take me several days to grind out the materials just to build the thing. A ship I only mean to use to get someplace, do some maps, and grind for a better one because it's .. a vanilla ship. I already have to invest points into ship building to build my own ships, because I enjoy building ships. It's one of the aspects of the game I love. And now you make it even harder for me to enjoy that aspect. I'm already investing in building my own ship, and it's nonsensical to invest 18000 on a vanilla ship.

If you make 5k a day, there is a serious problem with the economy. In that light, Atlas really didn't need a trade system. The players already had figured it out, and it worked just fine.

You had people who had discords in dedication to trade and communication. I'd argue that instead of a trade system, they should have put in a mail system in to ease communication when other players aren't online. Discord worked, however. Bought tames from people that way. Requested builds of blueprint weapons from others. Found whole market squares from different companies on islands I visited. I never actually had a problem spending money.

I've uninstalled, and don't intend on playing it again.

I'm fine with grind. Sometimes, I find it to be a bit soothing. But I'm not going to invest gold into a ship I'm building myself. I'm not going to invest my time into that level of bullshit. It really isn't worth it.

The endearing trash fire, is now just a trash fire.

Edited by Mduna
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mduna said:

I've uninstalled, and don't intend on playing it again.

I'm fine with grind. Sometimes, I find it to be a bit soothing. But I'm not going to invest gold into a ship I'm building myself. I'm not going to invest my time into that level of bullshit. It really isn't worth it.

The endearing trash fire, is now just a trash fire.

Preach on brother. Can you believe some people are cool with this? Yeah screw it, let’s just go full communist. 

Guess what? American corporations won’t like that in the real world and the “Megas” in game wouldn’t like that either. Sorry Megas but all of those those mats you grind out? Yeah we are taking half of them. Lmao

just wait till the original 1x becomes the new x.5 

this is all so pathetic 

Trade should be a choice of play in this game, not a necessity.

I actually participated in trade before there was a system. I play PVE, and trade between players and islands was a lot of fun. What I did, primarily, was I would speak to whoever owned an island and ask them if they would allow me to build a small shop on their island where they could purchase materials from me. I'd buy some things from them. They'd request things from me, and I'd bring them whatever material they just didn't feel like grinding themselves. It was a good, wholesome system.

I've negotiated with breeders last time I played, and that was super neat. The companies I dealt with, even, didn't even speak english too well- But I found that to be almost authentic in the experience. You had to get by, and usually came to an agreement on what price and what you were looking for. And bred animals usually ran about 5k for large animals, so- Again; Money was never an issue to spend. For a solo player, or even a duo, doing maps around the world.

There was a whole island that was dedicated to hosting trade shows for several companies who had shit to sell. They had a set up where everyone had their own stall on a raft, and it was pulled up to a walkway that was built. A legit flea market. Amazing.

But again: Trade should be a choice. You should not be required to have a warehouse and trade route set up to play the game. It should just be an option.

I can understand, and even see justification, in placing a price tag on higher quality ships. Perhaps even if you build a frame, but want it fully planked to cut back on the grind part. But I'm not getting anything with this exchange of gold in order to build a vanilla ship. The only thing I'm buying is the ability to play the fucking game.

9 hours ago, Mduna said:

"Gold sink". Right.

Well, I'll tell you, I've played Atlas on and off since launch, and I have never actually had a terrible time. This game has always been a trash fire. They break the game with changes, and sometimes shit gets intensive with how costly the grind is, but regardless of that: It was never so terrible that I actually uninstalled the game and decided to spend my time else where; Until now.

I have returned from a break from the game, and my game plan was to get to lawless, build a starter brig to get off lawless and find somewhere else to base out of. Took me a few days to get to the point I could build a large shipyard, and it's a bit of a grind because I don't have tames. I don't have tames, because again- I don't plan on sticking around lawless and don't want to have to move everything in several trips. But 18000 gold investment? On a VANILLA SHIP? Excuse me?

Fuck off, Atlas.

It was already going to take me several days to grind out the materials just to build the thing. A ship I only mean to use to get someplace, do some maps, and grind for a better one because it's .. a vanilla ship. I already have to invest points into ship building to build my own ships, because I enjoy building ships. It's one of the aspects of the game I love. And now you make it even harder for me to enjoy that aspect. I'm already investing in building my own ship, and it's nonsensical to invest 18000 on a vanilla ship.

If you make 5k a day, there is a serious problem with the economy. In that light, Atlas really didn't need a trade system. The players already had figured it out, and it worked just fine.

You had people who had discords in dedication to trade and communication. I'd argue that instead of a trade system, they should have put in a mail system in to ease communication when other players aren't online. Discord worked, however. Bought tames from people that way. Requested builds of blueprint weapons from others. Found whole market squares from different companies on islands I visited. I never actually had a problem spending money.

if your play time is 15-30min a day then atlas isint for you. there is alot more casuals games out there, but if u have alot of play time and stil takes days for you to gather dor a shipyard and a brig, Then u sir are doing something wrong. Then instead maybi ask for tips and tricks. And yea without gold sink the gold is worthless. we need even more gold sink stuff

17 hours ago, hartsia said:

if your play time is 15-30min a day then atlas isint for you. there is alot more casuals games out there, but if u have alot of play time and stil takes days for you to gather dor a shipyard and a brig, Then u sir are doing something wrong. Then instead maybi ask for tips and tricks. And yea without gold sink the gold is worthless. we need even more gold sink stuff

Shouldn’t be for ships though. That was actually a stupid idea. Should have made it cost gold to do powerstones of the kraken or something. Gold for ships was one of their worst ideas and the numbers prove it.