ATLAS

Patch V514.3 - It's Time to Get Trading!

11-13 UPDATE: We will be temporarily disabling Trade while we continue to investigate a solution for the Server Issues related to Markets and Trading.

If you continue to see performance or server related issues, please report them to us in the Server Outage form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdhAG84VvDhPBurAY8p4JLUhQfAmhjg42UR6o5zQTuzlqD6NQ/viewform

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ahoy Pathfinders!

Trade Functionality is finally here, and with it a Wipe for a fresh new start! To kick things off with a surprise, we will be having 3x Harvest Rates for one week, starting today!

Now that it’s almost all together, let’s review how the Trade System functions. The Trade system is intended as a means to get resources flowing across the map, facilitating competition over resources and the access to trade. Every grid has 1-4 Sea Forts that act as control points which give players access to Trade Routes that let players connect what they are producing with what others are, establishing Trades in an automated fashion:

ATLAS_Trade_Flow.jpg

All trading is automated - the Market will look at your configurations, and check the Warehouses of connected Markets to see if Trade conditions are fulfilled. If the conditions are met, a Trade Ship will be automatically created and set to embark on its destination. Players do not necessarily need to control a Sea Fort to be able to be able trade. However blockading Trade routes is possible if a Company controls all the Sea Forts on a server that route must go through. Companies that control Sea Forts may also tax Trade Ships that pass through its server, although Trade Ships will always choose to use the Sea Fort with the lower tax rate.

Remember that at this stage, all Trades will be virtual, so any Trade that is started will reach its destination Market. Testing is still ongoing on the NPC Trade Ships that will eventually carry the goods. Now’s the perfect time to take advantage of these guaranteed Trades to get the gold rolling in and the economy moving! Although players won’t be able to attack your Shipments for now, you will still want to pay attention to the Random Events that may occur! You never know what you will end up getting… or losing. However, the chance of higher spoils may make the Trade more than worth while! All Random events are virtual and are resolved upon completion of the Trade.

:anchor: Shaping Gameplay and Progression :anchor:

With the Trade Functionality and the ability to gain income from it now in place, the dynamics of the gameplay will start to shift, as will progression and the balancing surrounding it. The economy of the game will be centered around the Trade System. Although the other ways to obtain gold remain, utilizing the Trade System will be the primary way to earn income, whether you are actively Trading, controlling Sea Forts, raiding Sea Forts, or later - attacking ships. 

There was a lot of noise surrounding the increase in gold cost to build higher tier ships and its pay-off. The introduction of the Trade System is meant to shake things up with the current state of play. We are not balancing our changes surrounding what was previously established and these new conditions in play should endeavor players to new strategies. As we mentioned, we are starting with very conservative numbers with this first pass of the Trade System and will be making adjustments as needed. Future mechanics or changes to ATLAS may continue to change up the gameplay and progression in the game as well. We are striving to find a balance for good and varying gameplay at all levels. We know that we are not there yet and it is important to stress that we are still in the middle of defining and refining the core gameplay and mechanics, so sometimes the waters are going to be pretty rough.

:anchor: What's left for 2020? :anchor:

Although Trade Functionality has made it, we still need to fully implement the rest of the system. As we previously mentioned, the NPC Trade Ships that players will be able to interact with are still undergoing development and testing. Next week will likely be a smaller maintenance update consisting of some fixes and any balancing adjustments if we see fit.

The new Ships for Gold system is also on the way, and the first release of it will see the Ramming Galley hitting the shores… or more likely hitting your ships. Other specialized ships are also in the works. These new Ships will utilize a modular building system and exist alongside the current Ship system. 

Lastly, the other big goal we have for the remainder of the year is an overhaul of the Claiming system. We aren’t quite happy with the Island Claiming system and how it’s currently functioning. We will be reworking the Claim system based off of laying down individual claim flags in an area again. However, we are looking to take it into a different direction. We are still in the early stages of the design and fleshing out our ideas. As we get closer to making this change, we will bring it to further discussion.

In summary, players can expect the completed Trade System, an introduction to the New Ship System, and a rework on the Claiming System. Again, all three of these items will continue to be tweaked and balanced. We are continuously shaping the game! This is also only what’s immediately on the table, and there is still more to come in 2021! Please stay tuned. 🙂

:anchor: Released Patch Notes :anchor:

v514.3

Trade

• Connected trade routes will now automatically trade between each other
    • Every few minutes a Market will look for a potential trade
      • Prioritizes Trade Routes in order
      • Prioritizes Trade Offers in order
    • When both Markets in a Trade Route have compatible Offers, a Trade is initiated
      • Example:
        - Market A and B have a Trade Route
        - Market A offers 1 Lightwood for every 2.0 Thatch
        - Market B offers 1 Root for everying 0.4 Wood
        - If Market A tries to find a trade, they can find one for 1 Lightwood for every 2.25 Thatch
        - If both Warehouses have enough resources, the shipment is created.

• Trade Offers remain active after use, and can be part of more trades as long as there are enough resources in the Warehouse.
    • Currently all shipments are virtual and do not generate Trading Ships that can be attacked. (This is in testing and iteration and expected in a later patch)

Crafting

• Reduced the output of crafting Gunpowder from 2 to 1
  • Reduced the output of crafting Blasting Powder from 2 to 1

Market

• Updated the Structure Settings on the Market to be Reinforced Stone
    • This gives Markets increased damage resistance
  • Bug Fix: Added back the ability to connect Markets to Warehouses via interaction wheel (they should still auto connect if placed near each other)

Resources

• Adjusted weight of many resources
    • Reduced the weight of Gold Coins by 50%
    • Reduced the weight of Gems by 75%
    • Reduced the weight of Wood by 40%
    • Reduced the weight of Sap by 60%
    • Reduced the weight of Crystals by 60%
    • Reduced the weight of Metal by 33%
    • Increased the weight of Oil by 2x
    • Increased the weight of Fiber by 8x
    • Increased the weight of Flint by 2.4x
    • Increased the weight of Keratanoid by 5x
    • Increased the weight of Gunpowder by 1.5x
    • Increased the weight of Organic Paste by 2x
    • Increased the weight of Fire Gel by 2.5x
    • Increased the weight of Blasting Powder by 2.5x

Sea Forts

• Reduced the radius inside Sea Forts for claiming from 2.5 to 1.5 meters
  • Increased Max Tax rate for Sea Forts from 30% to 50%
  • Sea Forts added to D8
  • Sea Fort Taxes can now be set via 10% stepped increments in a Set Tax Wheel Submenu
  • Sea Fort structures no longer respawn when an enemy is nearby

Ships

• Increased Gold cost for crafting ships
    • Schooner: 50 Gold → 5,000 Gold
    • Brigantine: 250 Gold → 25,000 Gold
    • Galleon: 500 Gold → 50,000 Gold

Warehouse

• Reduced Placement Prevention Radius of Warehouse from 800m to 600m
    • This increases amount of warehouses that can fit in an area by about 75%
    • We're looking at how to best allow multiple companies to have warehouses nearby in the future
  • Reduced Transport Radius of Warehouse from 500m to 450m

Misc

• Increased the max stack size of Cannon Balls from 50 to 100
  • Bug Fix: Explosive Barrels can no longer deal damage in Freeports
  • Bug Fix: Stack size for Fuel items in Warehouse and Farmhouse inventory is no longer affected by the Fuel Slot stack size

Known Issues

• If you create a trade offer and then edit its resources, the Market UI doesn't update and may be out of sync with what's actually there
  • Resources awarded by Trade Events may not be delivered or logged correctly
  • Trade Log may incorrectly state which resource types are sent and received
  • Trade Route income should be multiplied by the Trade Route's distance
  • Editing the Tax Rate on Sea Forts requires you to manually exit the interaction wheel
  • No feedback is given when a Market doesn't have a valid Warehouse to connect to

:anchor: Final Note :anchor:

Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch may be different from what was previously discussed. 

As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support! 🙂 

:wheel:

Happy Sailing,

- ATLAS Crew

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

• Haha 1

lmfao! 
Would it not have been a better idea to fix the core issue with the game (lag, resources, ships) or issues you added (barrel bombs) before adding systems that are pointless? 
Is the NA and EU PvP servers merging? or PvE disappearing?

Edited by shinishini42

Im boycotting. Doing everything I can to inform people of how shitty this dev team is, and how they refuse to listen to us when they are killing the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5000 for a schooner? Wished you had listened, this is no longer for me. No one wanted this change. 

Uninstalled. I'm done. 

cmon then where is the servers?.....i downloaded a poxy 500 mb update......keep trying to play.......rejoin atlas or start new......new shows no servers up....

to think i went to bed at 11ish and woke up at 3am for this shite(uk time)......and still no game.....pfft

cmon mateys

Grapeshot, a gold cost on hand made ships is ridiculous. If you obtained pre-made ships from a NPC or a player, that would make sense for a gold cost but not if we are already crafting the ships by hand ._.

• Like 1

I personally like the direction the game is going and with the constant updates and communication the dev team is providing is bringing life back into the game. I also want to thank the dev team as a dev myself I know the stress and constant struggle so well done keep up the good work! this game in my opinion and the opinion of many others from my friends circle is a great game and will continue to grow and improve! 

long may the atlas strive for success and long may the atlas live.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Green said:

I personally like the direction the game is going and with the constant updates and communication the dev team is providing is bringing life back into the game.

Why? What communication, seems like a one way street to newb town to me.

1 hour ago, Green said:

I also want to thank the dev team as a dev myself I know the stress and constant struggle

Aahaha. Thanks for the laugh. Haha. Ok.

1 hour ago, Green said:

so well done keep up the good work! this game in my opinion and the opinion of many others from my friends circle is a great game and will continue to grow and improve! 

long may the atlas strive for success and long may the atlas live.

Again, thanks for the laugh.

• Like 1

This is like when ark nerfed generators, everybody just kept saying wtf are you doing, except this time all you get is this bullshit "announcement" with the Ahoy pathfinders nonsense... sigh

Would love to be a fly on the wall in one of their development meetings.

Lead dev 'right how can we screw new players and alienate small companies'

Team 'we could always screw servers up, charge extortionate amounts for ships, ignore the community. Ohh and let's bring barrel bombs back

Lead dev 'I like it, let's do it'

I messaged nami and chismebeard in oh June or July saying that if they don't fix the existing issues then I reckon at most this game has maybe 12 months left in in. I would like to revise that to 6. 

Well done team, well done.

• Like 1

I love the admission that listening to your player base means hearing “a lot of noise”. Thank you for being honest. Just the other day I asked my children what they would like for dinner and all I heard was a lot of noise. 

• Like 1

Devs,

What protections for my schooner do I get for 5000 gold? 

I'll pay the gold, but I'd like to get something for it. Like immune to barrels or wont take dmg while green anchored.

I'm super thrilled about changing the claiming system. No more part of a lawless island for me and 2 grids for a cheating mega. Let's hope its 1 claim per person.

You get a barrel in the face.

Give them all you gold, and you might get another barrel in the face. If you have enough gold, you might not get a barrel in your face. You do not have enough gold though. You have no protections, lol, lawless?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ATLAS said:

Bug Fix: Explosive Barrels can no longer deal damage in Freeports

yay, how long did that take you and are you sure?

That is something to celebrate for sure, not having barrels deal damage in freeports wow big news thankss devs you guis ar the best at coding n making games

• Haha 1

Ok, so i wanted to try this trading system thing.... I have the FH, WH, and Market....The market said that the warehouse was 33 meters away from it (definitely in range). Logged off briefly, and now the market says it's not connected to a warehouse. There's not even an option in the interaction wheel to connect it....anyone else have this issue?

22 minutes ago, UnderTaker905 said:

Ok, so i wanted to try this trading system thing.... I have the FH, WH, and Market....The market said that the warehouse was 33 meters away from it (definitely in range). Logged off briefly, and now the market says it's not connected to a warehouse. There's not even an option in the interaction wheel to connect it....anyone else have this issue?

This is not a problem yet 😃 Just re-login

Please no god damn area claming, it was and is a horrible idea. 

Island claiming is perfect for anyone, for 1 man tryna solo or big company.

If you are going to implement that, then atleast give private server owners option to choose between each system.

What kind of a sick idea is to add money to ship crafting? where is the logic in that and just imagening how tiresome it is already to get gold in 15x server i cant imagine official players.
If you added premade ships at different qualities at the freeport then you could sell them, but gold is literally unneccesary crafting component in that.
Like where the fuck does the gold go to? You slave yo ass off gathering resources and then you pay the sea gods 5k tax to get a schooner? 

Since dev team is clearly bad at changing features with their own ideas, let the playerbase vote on a idea or porpose one.

Edited by J.Dawson

Alright, so I've tried.

Here is some thoughts as SOLO player.

1) - Found really great place to settle, built small base.

2) - Couldn't built a farmhouse, because all resourceful spaces around already covered by another players farmhouses (I mean I could set my windmill to the tiny island where there is not a single tree, not a bush or rock piece. But why should I do that?).

3) - No warehouses for me either. All island already covered by them as well.

So... for solo player new "trading" season simply gonna be without any trading. It means - play old fashion way. The only difference is - we have to earn our first 5k gold - sailing sloop. With medium speed-sail it goes 10-12 knots downwind (and around 4-6 knots counter wind). Twice slow as schooner. So we need to do 10 knots travels for honey to tame bears for our first lvl 12 maps. Then same travels for tigers for 15+ maps. Do some maps for golds, at least twice as slow as before. Imagine we sail for 4 hours, and found a treasure spawn atop of high cliff? Those issues are still here.

It will probably take couple of weeks. Only after that we finally go schooner, and then... for next couple months we do just treasure maps. Good thing here - it's possible that first Brigantine will be 200% quality. Bad thing - it's possible that it will NOT : )) (last season in 70 "15+" treasures I didn't get a single large shipyard blueprint). But anyway... all damned ship hunt, ghostship, kraken etc, will start after couple months of grinding. Before that - not a single better ship parts.

And... yeah, loosing Brig means - couple more months for just treasure maps, before next Brigantine will arrive. I remember how unhappy I was to spend half of day to build another Brig after I loose one to yet another game glitch. Now it won't be a half day. It will be couple of months. 

So... I mean all cool, but before wipe game was "So many efforts, so little reward". Right now it also dramatically slowed down and alot of necessary grinding appeared.

Are you sure you wanna things became this like?

If I had all time in the world I would played this season. Unfortunatelly, I don't. I feel I just not ready to spend weeks, for forever sloop sailing (the sailing itself is not exciting adventure at the moment, and you offer me to spend more time in the empty ocean, from time to time slowly avoiding damned squads?) I just not ready for that.

I'm guessing, alot of players will do their logout today and won't login in nearest future. Until another exiting major patch will come out. You worked so hard to introduce new feature in the game. Unfortunately you made it the way that a lot of players won't be able to try this new feature. And because of that - you'll loose players.

Simple. 

Just one single message as my "feedback". We were chat with players today and a lot of players would like to see "auto run" button in the game.

Edited by George Catcher
  • Like 2