Sign in to follow this  
Ranger1k

An idea regarding ship prices..

I've clearly stated on the announcement thread that i disagree w the price model they've annonced, as have many others. Maybe its simply a bad decision, maybe there are some mechanics still incoming (trade, etc) that make it so that it won't be as terrible as it sounds, maybe they'll listen to the community and tune the prices down OR eliminate them. Time will tell. Anyway I was thinking of a gameplay loop that could be introduced and possibility help over the long run...

*placing devils advocate hat on*

Place an NPC in freeports that purchases ships FROM players at a profit, say 10%. So you'd drive your schooner to him, sell it, and in return receive 5500 & a sloop to carry back some of of your NPCs. This would also introduce a hazard also since youd have to make a return voyage in a sloop carrying 5500. Obviously a teammate could escourt you or carry the cargo to make it safer, but theres still a ship on sea w significant plunder...

You get the idea.

*devils advocate hat off*

I still think a 100fold price increase is a terrible idea, but, perhaps I'm wrong. In the announcement i made 3 threads basically stating why. However, setting that aside for now, anyone like this idea? Constructive tweaks or tangents?

TTYL

I imagine the new changes they are making will give a lot more gold and the prices won't be that bad. But with these devs who knows.