Sign in to follow this  
Lawdog2012

New Gold Costs for Ships

honestly the fact that building ships costs gold now bothers me to no end, if i take the time to gather resources to build a schoony, brig or galleon i shouldnt be concerned about gold outside of crewing it with npcs if i need to. Most people will run a schoony anyway if they are sp'ing cause brigs and gallys are a bit much to farm for solo, these ships are pretty much worthless to smaller companies and sp players now with the costs as they sit. In order to farm gold decently you need to get around decently to do maps and farm wreck spawns, floatsum is a joke now and sotd are a deathsentence to anything with less than 3 cannons the way the game randomly spawns their dificulty.

It's strange that you need to farm up and build an entire ship, then pay a ton of gold on top of that.. why not forget farming and building all together and just let you buy completed ships.  I tried to see the good side of the gold cost, it does make ships more valuable so there's more on the line in fights but 50k gold for a gally.. a small company would never be able to own one and that's even too expensive for big companies.

I'm suspicious that they made this change knowing it would push people away before the release of ark 2.