ATLAS

Patch Preview: Trade Functionality Arriving

At these prices being a small company that in this season couldn't even place a warehouse I'm done these devs have went completely off their rockers and took a fun pirate like game and destroyed it. The market system takes the fun out trade it was great to sail out make deals and meet other players. And now with astronomical ship prices it's not even worth logging back in after the wipe they're intentionally driving away players by refusing to listen to any of us and forcing changes that it seems the vast majority of the player base do not want. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to the sixth season, the fifth season JOJO will not come        💩

idk the new ship pricing seems a bit wacked.. but im still excited for some actual piracy and economy content. lets see how it goes. dont freak out yet lol. it can always be adjusted. fresh wipe - fresh start

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Like 1

Ships

• Increased Gold cost for crafting ships
    • Schooner: 50 → 5,000 Gold
    • Brigantine: 250 → 25,000 Gold
    • Galleon: 500 → 50,000 Gold           

This must be an April joke.

This is a pirate game, not a trading game, everyone should be able to make ships, not just the big companies, and people on the lawless islands can forget to build ships. can someone fire the three stooges before they destroy the game, and delete ships for gold this is nuts.

Edited by The Max

You know I've been thinking about that and I kinda like the idea that ship should be expensive and hard to get. Because I for thousand times saw huge monstrous bases with like 20-30 galleys around. And those galleys were all lvl-1 and never sail anywhere. So it's just ppl buliding their ships, paint em for art purposes, and then all goes glitchy and no one can moor to the shore.

So I fine with that. Ppl should work hard to get their ship. Ppl should carefully consider ship design. And take a big care for their vessel.

But! From the opposite side - ships also should be protected. From griefers, from looses to game glitches. FROM ONESHOT BARRELS in PVP. 

I mean It's OK to loose ship hitting the iceberg or put yourself in to battle against way stronger enemy. But when you cross and find yourself here...

wO2dHjA.jpg

...this is totally NOT OK.

Oh and... yeah. About shipyard BPs. During maelstrom I dug around 70 high level (15+) maps. And didn't get a single better shipyard BP. I wish I would able to get a better ship, not just throw away hundreds of useless bps I've got.

p.s. - When I first played a game, I got in to sea adventures by 7th ship. Before that I spent almost 2 months just building ships and then loosing them to all different types of glitches and once to freeport rapid decay.

Edited by George Catcher

3 hours ago, The Max said:

Ships

This must be an April joke.

This is a pirate game, not a trading game, everyone should be able to make ships, not just the big companies, and people on the lawless islands can forget to build ships. can someone fire the three stooges before they destroy the game, and delete ships for gold this is nuts.

cant have piracy without trade, else it's just a battleship farm simulator game lol. i think you might end up liking it in the long run, once the trade system is fleshed out you get a few high value hauls and game life becomes about accruing wealth instead of just territory. they need to add rare goods, not just materials and blueprints. bring back the top hat, bunny ears and start making new fancy rare items that players will want to horde and display as a sign of wealth and prestige.

i also still hope they add a bounty system. i want to white night and hunt pirates as well as be the bad guy and be a pirate. a law system would be very cool to go along with the trade system. perhaps the systems could work together where if you own the trade hub you get a notification if a trade ship has been seized in your waters or what have you and a bounty is then issued for the pirates head to be returned to the trade hub bounty head drop box within 10 hours for like 10k or something. allow dead bodies to be put in the guillotine and their head harvested.

achievements and titles would be cool too. master pirate for number of trade ships seized. headhunter for number of heads collected. yadaya. so many possibilities. 

bring back the top 5 company badges. perhaps add badges for top trade companies and pirate companies?

and lets be real, seasons are what shit games need to keep ppl playing. if you give players a reason to come back every day besides chores and wars, game health will dramatically rise. the trade system and piracy are a fantastic start. bring on a bounty system, achievements, titles and rare items too please.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, George Catcher said:

You know I've been thinking about that and I kinda like the idea that ship should be expensive and hard to get. Because I for thousand times saw huge monstrous bases with like 20-30 galleys around. And those galleys were all lvl-1 and never sail anywhere. So it's just ppl buliding their ships, paint em for art purposes, and then all goes glitchy and no one can moor to the shore.

PVE can be silly like that.

Then again, it can also be good, it makes the pvp game better. Historically, the devs would make an update to nerf pvp things, and pve people would cry. Fun

• Like 1

Hopefully you do re-evaluate the cost for gold for ships. My company is quitting after the wipe and adopting a wait and see approach while we play other games. We are casual players on PVE Official and clearly no longer a target audience or priority for the game, it is your IP to tank after all, so do what you want, we are ready to play something new. 

If you do have a change of heart (given we all backed this during EA based on the games actual value proposition of getting players into the water and play as a pirate.. instead of a fucking trade simulator.. you could consider something where gold prices are tied to the number of ships linked to a unique player or account, meaning the first ship is heavily discounted so more players can get into a schooner faster. Sloops, as the super majority of your players have indicated, are absolutely insufficient to the task of participating in the super majority of content. 

Try costing steps, zero gold, 175, gold 250 gold, 500 gold, etc. Or just discount the first. But 5,000? Crazy guys, just crazy. Please reconsider. If not, I'll check the patch notes again in six months.. that is if you are still in business then. 

• Like 2

Guess this is it then, I'll be back in a few months to see the winds being returned home. As the game was sold to us. For now it's uninstalled, I still feel it's a real waste of what started out as a good game. Goodluck for the devteam, or whoever came up with these blunded ideas.

Take care, it was another crazy season, that's for sure. 

• Like 2

Well nothing more to say than just quit this game after 2000 hours. So much feedback that gets ignored. At least the Devs are up to do something again. But I will not play Atlas as a game tester for stupid ideas anymore. But the message let us know that Devs decided to test some features before releasing to the online servers... that's new and good. Even on private server i am not interessted on paying gold for ships... i like this game so much.... or better i liked how it was....

I can't motivate myself to grind that much for a shooner... i want to have a brig for the first 2 weeks and i want to have a farm galleon to collect what i need for legendary and mystical fighting brigs that i don't mind if i got sunk after having some fun on the seas.

Leave the game is the only option they may understand. Hopefully they will do it to some playable game that can be released in the future.

The trouble with ea in the case of Atlas is the fact the devs just keep playing with the game as if they have all the time in the world, and cos it's ea there are no consequences. As i've said before ea games need a time limit. Atlas is a good/bad example of what happens when they don't. Early access has now become a license for making money out of an unfinished product with no accountability at all, and having the punters pay to test it. instead of being paid to test it. I can honestly say that I will never buy another early access game again.

On 11/7/2020 at 8:34 PM, ATLAS said:

Ships

Either you all are just straight up trolling us or

image.jpeg.72dfa5be4c9582320406ab68903d9f2b.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 11/7/2020 at 9:34 PM, ATLAS said:

Ships

You STILL have yet to explain why we have to pay to build in our own shipyards, with our own mats. You STILL have yet to tell us who asked for this. Ans I'm STILL waiting to see a show of hands by the players who asked for this <uses spyglass to look into the crowd> ... no show of hands....just as I suspected. What in the blue hell are y'all thinking? IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU'RE THINKING! The fact of the matter is you're not thinking at all! You devs need to seriously take your little laptops, shine them up nice and shiny....are you shining them up? They're really shiny now?....Now take them laptops, turn them sumbitches sideways, and stick them straight up your candy asses!!! When you're finished, proceed to the corner of Knowyourrole Blvd and Jabroni drive and check into the Smackdown Hotel for an ass whoopin! Now...Can we PLEASE get a team of Devs that actually care about the game, and care about what the community says/wants? Stop giving this bullshit that NOBODY wanted or cares about!

9 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

cant have piracy without trade, else it's just a battleship farm simulator game lol. i think you might end up liking it in the long run, once the trade system is fleshed out you get a few high value hauls and game life becomes about accruing wealth instead of just territory. they need to add rare goods, not just materials and blueprints. bring back the top hat, bunny ears and start making new fancy rare items that players will want to horde and display as a sign of wealth and prestige.

i also still hope they add a bounty system. i want to white night and hunt pirates as well as be the bad guy and be a pirate. a law system would be very cool to go along with the trade system. perhaps the systems could work together where if you own the trade hub you get a notification if a trade ship has been seized in your waters or what have you and a bounty is then issued for the pirates head to be returned to the trade hub bounty head drop box within 10 hours for like 10k or something. allow dead bodies to be put in the guillotine and their head harvested.

achievements and titles would be cool too. master pirate for number of trade ships seized. headhunter for number of heads collected. yadaya. so many possibilities. 

bring back the top 5 company badges. perhaps add badges for top trade companies and pirate companies?

and lets be real, seasons are what shit games need to keep ppl playing. if you give players a reason to come back every day besides chores and wars, game health will dramatically rise. the trade system and piracy are a fantastic start. bring on a bounty system, achievements, titles and rare items too please.

Wtf are you talking about? are you rdy to lose 50k gold in seconds coz barrels? coz demasting by barshots? coz shieldbashing in harbour? coz 40/40 anchored ships in grid? coz crash when transfering from server to server? This prices can work on PvE server.. not PvP server.. wake up man

Edited by Lolleray

35 minutes ago, Lolleray said:

Wtf are you talking about? are you rdy to lose 50k gold in seconds coz barrels? coz demasting by barshots? coz shieldbashing in harbour? coz 40/40 anchored ships in grid? coz crash when transfering from server to server? This prices can work on PvE server.. not PvP server.. wake up man

Even in PVE we have crashing issues going through servers into SOTD, bye bye ships. It isn't just PVP but understand that there is a greater risk with barrel bomb and such, so do feel for you guys too.

• Like 1

So umm.... Let me get this straight..

Your discouraging ship spam but doing nothing to address island spam?... The gold sink for ships will NOT balance island spam... 

People will just do what they always do when something is overpriced.. They wont buy it.

If anything now island spam will be worse... No build caps or gold sinks there... Farms/ Warehouses/ Markets/ Control Points/ Invisible Ships are "THE way to earn gold".....  so now medium-sized company+ islands will just have 250 cannons, 250 puckles 10,000 pillars/ walls etc and a harbor w 25 sloops 10 schooners and EVENTUALLY 2 or 3 krakken galleys..

Hopefully I'm wrong

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Thanks 1

I love how the Devs say that a ship is a reward and a accomplishment. Then in the next sentence they say to expect a wipe at any time. I’m being told to feel good for my achievement of getting a boat but I shouldn’t feel too good because it’s going to get taken away. again and again and again. I should change my name to Tantalus. (Excepting of course I wouldn’t offer my son up for the Devs to eat.)

Edited by Gomez Addams
  • Haha 1

On 11/7/2020 at 9:34 PM, ATLAS said:

As a reminder, it is currently scheduled for Tuesday 11/10 and includes a Wipe. Time of the Patch is still to be determined.

Nearly midnight (for me) and no announcement as to what time they'll shut everything down for the patch/wipe ... I get this feeling that they'll just do it with little to no warning to players that will be online at the time (perhaps tying up loose ends etc) ...

8 hours ago, Lolleray said:

it will be balanced out eventually. idk why you're freaking out. remember day one? sailing a raft for hours with no wind? remember automatic fire sod cannons? lmao... did all that shit stay in the game forever? cmon now. shit gets adjusted and tweaked. may be uncomfortable at first but the systems are needed for long term game health.

but i do agree tho. shit needs to be done about barrels and shield bash spam. 

EASY FIX: make it so barrels can only be equipped by people that have it unlocked. make it so shield bash takes a shit ton of stamina to use. boom. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki