Sign in to follow this  
Peacemkr7900

All my hard work belongs to someone else because I had to go to sleep.

Literally days of work gone down the drain. a mostly built brigantine, my Large shipyard, my stone house. EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! GONE!!!!!!!!!!!! IN PVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! because of your broke claim system. as a PVE  player you cant even log out to sleep now without someone coming along and placing a flag at your stuff and waiting a bit to own everything you have. This needs to be fixed, PVE is where people are supposed to go and enjoy the game without harassment or theft from other players. No one will ever be able to make progress in this game as long as someone can come along in 30 minutes while you away or asleep and steal everything you worked hard for. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Peacemkr7900 said:

Literally days of work gone down the drain. a mostly built brigantine, my Large shipyard, my stone house. EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! GONE!!!!!!!!!!!! IN PVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! because of your broke claim system. as a PVE  player you cant even log out to sleep now without someone coming along and placing a flag at your stuff and waiting a bit to own everything you have. This needs to be fixed, PVE is where people are supposed to go and enjoy the game without harassment or theft from other players. No one will ever be able to make progress in this game as long as someone can come along in 30 minutes while you away or asleep and steal everything you worked hard for. 

Me and my mate had completely the same thing happen but on top of this a ghost ship blew our schooner and raft while docked at our base port.

Same here. I logged out for a few hours to try to sleep. I couldn't rest well so I logged back in early this morning to find 3 people had shown up and claimed one of my flags. The one I had to put down as my Small dock for the Scooner needed deep water that wasn't covered by my first flag.
I wasn't best pleased about this situation and made that clear in local chat... where I was greated with broken-Russian-English swearing over in game voice coms from a charming fellow called [][][] [] [][] [] or something similar... :<

He then ran over to my house and placed another flag... with me standing right f__king there looking on... that one disappeared after he wandered off...

I'm at work now. Expecting to go home soon and find all of the work and effort I've put in as a solo player since launch to be stolen... STOLEN... In PVE... Not destroyed by a ghost ship - like my Docked Scooner earlier yesterday. That I could accept, that I could recover from and rebuild.

Now I have to leave the game as it is in PvE, or stay awake for the rest of the weekend to try to get my base back.

If I wanted to play with utter scumbag griefing human detritus, I'd roll on to a PvP server...

• Like 5

One main issue is, that claims are put on players. So a company with a couple of players may claim a way larger portion of an island than single or fewer players. So, why not restrict the claim to Companies? It would be reduced the claimed land size dramatically. Of cause, the max claim size per company needs to be reduced, too. Naturally a larger company's would have a larger claim than a smaller one, but it would be only ONE claim. At least for now. Claiming further land should be an high cost exploration skill.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tateybread said:

Same here. I logged out for a few hours to try to sleep. I couldn't rest well so I logged back in early this morning to find 3 people had shown up and claimed one of my flags. The one I had to put down as my Small dock for the Scooner needed deep water that wasn't covered by my first flag.
I wasn't best pleased about this situation and made that clear in local chat... where I was greated with broken-Russian-English swearing over in game voice coms from a charming fellow called [][][] [] [][] [] or something similar... :<

He then ran over to my house and placed another flag... with me standing right f__king there looking on... that one disappeared after he wandered off...

I'm at work now. Expecting to go home soon and find all of the work and effort I've put in as a solo player since launch to be stolen... STOLEN... In PVE... Not destroyed by a ghost ship - like my Docked Scooner earlier yesterday. That I could accept, that I could recover from and rebuild.

Now I have to leave the game as it is in PvE, or stay awake for the rest of the weekend to try to get my base back.

If I wanted to play with utter scumbag griefing human detritus, I'd roll on to a PvP server...

jesus. Seriously issues like this are going to cause my company to seek other games. Which is kind of sad because i literally JUST met these people and joined up and they seem pretty chill and cool, but one of them is already legit ready to uninstall and seek reimbursement and... i'm not entirely sure i can blame him. I'm a bit more willing to stick around but it looks like a lot of people are losing a lot of work over this to people who are just running around pressing "f1" and getting free buildings etc.

• Like 2

Yeah the PvE system is pretty terrible.
Or the claming system I should say.

Being able to claim someone's house or whatever is dumb and needs to be fixed asap.
I'm not a fan of this flag system but on PvP it can at least make some sense.

Edited by Daniel

On top of this, it brings players like a couple I met yesterday. They wanted my claim, so they kept luring Alphas to my hut in order for them to break it. Finally they jumped on my roof, so I demolished a ceiling tile and trapped them inside, lured the things away, and carried on building until they died inside.

• Haha 2

same here. i am lvl 40 and a lvl 13 gold bot dude stole all my ship stuff and my base. fix this bull shit.

8 hours ago, Peacemkr7900 said:

This game gona die soon if they cant ballance the game. Im only gona raid now goz no point to farm. Only end up be destroyed by damned ship or get raided while away.. GJ DEVs!! How hard your job must be?!?!?

They did fix this, though an update last night reverted the change for several hours and we were able to contest and claim any land that players were not inside. It is now back to requiring the claim owner to not have been active in the claim in the last 3 days.

• Like 1

well... i was online everyday. so why the hell did this guy take my base and serveral others on the island?

Edited by Lailyn

testing some stuff also where i am, and so far it seems to be a issue with claims still beeing able to take after few hours 

well, I can see both sides of this, I was out looking for a spot to claim only to find full islands claimed in 4 different zones I went into but I can also see once you do get your claim not wanting it jacked. I think they should only allow 2 to 4 claim flags to be able to be placed and have a decay rate akin to that of the structures. if you try to contest an active claim it should take 24 hours for that claim to be able to be contested and then time for it to go over to the player. 

This is really a frustating situation. Something like this happened to me today, but I was able to stop their claiming by coming back to my single territory using the bed respawn. Left my sloop alone (middle of the sea), died just to prevent some dude to steal all my work, then died again to return to my ship.  

This system is really bad & confusing, hope they make a better one asap. 

Edited by Carnotaurus