Ranger1k

Just a thought to make the next official wipe better..

For the first week or so have a few schooners and brigs placed and randomly spawned in anchored around the map. Just a few commons.

Make them claimable, or minimally guarded by npcs and able to be stolen..

Might help ignite some enthusiasm.. Good idea? No?

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

For the first week or so have a few schooners and brigs placed and randomly spawned in anchored around the map. Just a few commons.

Make them claimable, or minimally guarded by npcs and able to be stolen..

Might help ignite some enthusiasm.. Good idea? No?

what

• Like 1

I just remeber the start of the season 4 EU PvP.

Log in after realease. Try to get on the freeport. Build your sloop and team up with your mades. Build a raft with a bed to collect teammates that start later and park it on freeport. Rush to the desired area for settling. Collect some floatsam and sunken treasure on the way to have the gold for the island ready.(one of you skills swimming skills)

Than you rush farming. Build first shooner to send one out for taming if your island does not have enough tames. We got low horse, bear and giraffe on island. After 5 hours you may see the first enemy Players with their Galleon. Well, now you may not need rhino, giraffe or elephant any more for the start. But on PvP Farmhouses are to slow collecting. Also you can consider that a claimed island starts with Peacetime so you are safe for the first day. You can also change the peacetime to the end of it to have only short combat phase and than again peacetime. The second day will be depending on your company size and you neighbours plans and size. If you are lucky you are fine.

The Gold requirement will change the 5 hours Galleon maybe to 6 hours(need to find good sunkens with sloop or/and shooner). If the tribe is large enough and gets a good islands with lots of resources thats the way to go.(you need coal, metal and a biome you can make alloy for amunition and cannons) Well hopefully you get coal as last season start those stones were messed up and just droped flint...

To find ships on the shore to claim... no way this would be fair anyways. Don't play solo, this game is not meant to be played that way.

Few points..

1.Some of the powerleveling tricks and exploits have been addressed, maybe. I think lol.

2. Also it may help some of the smaller, less organized tribes get a jumpstart, competing better with highly organized megas.

3. Another reason is just cause it would just be fun. Close your eyes for a second and imagine being the person to randomly find a generic, claimable ship during the grindy, stress filled launch week.

4. It would throw an element of random luck and chaos into the launch. Evolution is rarely simply survival of the fittest, often luck plays a part.

5. Playing solo/ duo isn't going away. Think couples or siblings or bffs. Think introverts, lone wolves and anti social types also. Don't forget this game also includes settlers and alliances.. and lawless zones

*edit* i was thinking maybe 3 a day or 3 every 12 hours across the ENTIRE map, RANDOM location yielding ~21-42 ships.

Now i will concede that if very exact scientific measurements of how a wipe evolves are one of the goals OF this wipe then its best not to do it.

Just thought it was a fun idea. 🙂

Edited by Ranger1k

People have been asking for loot like this since the game launched. The devs added loot to the kraken or some shit, but it wasnt really unique or a whole ship. Unique loot and ships and stuff would be cool, and not just for the launch of a new fkn wipe.

• Thanks 1

Valid point.

However I was speaking very specifically to launch week and very specifically to ships thinking that if they if they did this perpetually it would just lead to ship spam. Also for the reasons listed above.

The idea of randomly finding or receiving better quality ships as loot, occasionally, as the game progresses is a very interesting tangent to explore. Too much for me to process at the moment. Got stuff to do. Ideas like purchasing (w gold) or receiving (as some vague reward) a complete upgrade from 100% common to 110% fine started swirling around.. lol

@eeeceee made an edit. just a friendly fyi

Edited by Ranger1k

Finding a unique shipwreck on the shore that u can fix up with a few planks or whatever, or a ship just bobbing in the water would be fun. It's just too bad that the devs havent been able to do this type of thing. Too busy just messing around with the balance for the hell of it, and adding things that nobody really wanted, or would think is a good decision. Imagine if this game was a single player RPG, and there was a story (ark has a story believe it or not) that made enough sense to help you to understand the complex game mechanics, such as trade and being a pirate by yourself and fighting all the megas and people with 4k hours while still having fun.

Unique loot would be the best..... a unique ship just sitting there on the beach???

A unique fkn sword even. People have been saying this for a while, the sword or ship doesnt even need to be better, it can just have some balanced stats, or just be a vanilla thing with unique cosmetics.

Anyway, there hasn't even been events for this game yet, where is my zombie wyvern....

Edited by eeeceee

They've stated that to implement the new trade system, a wipe is needed.....call me a simpleton, but...how does putting in a trade system negate the need for a wipe?

During the trade discussion thread i questioned how physical barriers such as harbor defensive walls, sea traps, general collisions, crowded harbors etc would affect trade if the ships were actually physically travelling.

Also questioned radius requirements for successful trade completion.

Maybe instead of having people be forced into demolishing and reorganize things in order for trades to function they thought it would be better to release the applicable trade info, coming soon, and let people build their bases with the buildings and structures integrated from scratch. I remember i decided to demo 3k foundations, and, on console it sucked. Took like 6 to 8 hours lol.

Thats the reason for the wipe u think? Haha not bad :)

Surely they can code a ship being at an island, if they can code a trade system with physical ships traveling around. Or not? :)

I guess we now know where the gold goes when you are forced to pay for a ship you build with your mats...in your yard....it goes to the devs as payment for either coding classes, or actual proper coding! 🙂

36 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

Thats the reason for the wipe u think? Haha not bad 🙂

Surely they can code a ship being at an island, if they can code a trade system with physical ships traveling around. Or not? 🙂

I think its one of the reasons. Some of the PvP islands have huge defensive harbors. Walls stretching probably .75 km or more from shoreline. Add that and the distance to a warehouse ~.5 km or more inland and the completion radius gets a bit obnoxious. One company has or had a sea trap stretching pretty much from one of their islands to their other island....

Point is, the cleaner the slate is, then the easier it will be for them to troubleshoot it. Dunno. Makes sense to me.

Edited by Ranger1k

Elaborating further i guess they could make it entirely virtual, let the trade ships ghost through barriers, etc but then all you really have is...

1. A carrier pigeon that can haul 20k.

&

2. Some Control Points to haggle over.

Dunno. Looking forward to details.

Details? Yeah details will be coming soon, plenty of details. You like details?

AHHAHAA

On 11/7/2020 at 3:50 PM, UnderTaker905 said:

it goes to the devs as payment for either coding classes, or actual proper coding! 🙂

Hehehe.

Do you guys want some moneys or what?? lol

Edited by eeeceee