ATLAS

Patch V513.8 - Market Patch and Wipe Date Announcement

Ahoy Pathfinders!

Last Saturday we discussed our progress on addressing the map flickering and PVE Sea Fort claiming issues from the last patch, and although we aimed to get the hotfix out on Tuesday, we ended up being able to integrate these fixes with an early release of the new Markets! This new build is scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday 11/04,  at 7:00 PM PT!

Again, the actual Trading will not be available quite yet in this Market patch as we are still actively testing its functionality and mechanics. Players will be able to craft a Market at a Smithy as long as they have the required Advanced Automation skill from the Construction tree. For now, you savvy seafarers can check out the configurations and set up your preferences. Please let us know your feedback on how the Market UI functions.

Our crew craftsman has made a few renovations on the Sea Forts, but the construction is still ongoing! Pirates with an eye for aesthetics can expect further design improvements down the line. Additionally, Sea Forts now also display owner and tax rate. A number of balance passes have been made as well as we continue to observe the gameplay surrounding it.

:anchor: Upcoming Wipe :anchor:

Early next week, we are expecting to release the third part of the Trade System which will introduce the actual Trading functionality. In order to implement this, a wipe will be required. Currently, this is scheduled for next Tuesday, November 10. For clarity, tomorrow’s Market patch will NOT include a wipe, but next week’s Trading patch will. More information about the Trading patch to come.

:anchor: Released Patch Notes :anchor:

Server v513.7 // Client v513.8

*** Private Servers, please see new configuration variables at the end of the patch notes

New Feature: Markets

• A new Market structure has been added
    • Markets must be connected to a nearby Warehouse to function
      • The Warehouse must be connected to a Farmhouse for full functionality
      • The Warehouse acts as a repository for trading resources for the Market
    • Trade Routes may be created between Markets
    • Preferences for Resource Trading may be set on the Markets
    • Markets DO NOT currently Trade
      • Markets trading is in testing and bug fixing and will come with a later patch
      • Trading will be automated based on preferences set on the Market
      • A successful trade will generate some amount of Gold Coins
    • Markets have 150k health and are difficult to destroy
    • Crafting a market requires the Advanced Automation skill from the construction tree and may be done at a Smithy
    • Some Trade and Market tuning values are configurable for private servers

Sea Forts

• Updated the terrain of the Sea Fort island
  • Simple cosmetic updates to the look of Sea Fort structures (this art is still a placeholder)
  • Adjusted respawn times for some structures on Sea Forts (walls still respawn quickly)
  • Made some Sea Fort tuning values configurable for private servers
  • Updated data on the map about Sea Forts (owner and tax rate are shown)
    • Now only shown when zoomed in
    • Performance while map is open should be improved
  • Increased Defense Tower's damage resistance
    • Explosion Damage Received: 100% → 70%
    • Explosive Barrel Damage Received: 100% → 10.5%
    • Catapult Boulder Damage Received: 100% → 28%
    • Ballista Damage Received: 100% → 7%
    • Added immunity to melee attacks and liquid flame
  • Modified Tower Wall's damage resistance to match Defense Tower
    • Explosion Damage Received: 31% → 70%
    • Explosive Barrel Damage Received: 31% → 10.5%
  • Increased damage dealt by Defense Towers
    • Explosion Damage: 100 → 250
    • Direct Damage: 180 → 500
  • Bug Fix: Sea Forts can no longer be captured on PVE servers
  • Bug Fix: Players will no longer spawn on Sea Forts

Misc

• Bug Fix: The map no longer flickers
  • Bug Fix: Warehouses can no longer be placed on ships

Server Config (private servers)
New variables for Sea Forts, Markets, and Trading have been exposed for server configuration (add to BaseServerArgs of the JSON file):

; Trade
BaseTradeIncomeGoldAmount = 10; Base amount of gold a Trade Route generates per server it travels through, as the crow flies
TradeIncomeGoldIntracompanyScalar = 0.5f; Multiplier for trading within the company
TradeIncomeGoldAllyScalar = 0.5f; Multiplier for trading with allies
TradeMarketCoolDown = 300.0f; Delay between starting a new shipment if one has begun
TradeRouteShipmentMaxWeight = 1500.0f; Combined weight of all resources in a trade, shared between both shipments
TradeRoutesMaxPerMarket = 5; Max number of trade routes each market may have
MaxAllowedTradeShipsOnServer = 5; Max number of -real- ships allowed on a server before they queue up
VirtualShipFactorServerMax = 8; used to balance rate of real v virtual ships
VirtualShipFactorVirtualDecay = 0.8f; same
VirtualShipFactorRealGrowth = 0.5f; same
VirtualShipDelayInSeconds = 60.0f; How long it takes a virtual ship to travel through a server
; Control Points
ContolPointLandClaimTime = 1500; how many seconds it takes to claim a Sea Fort from neutral
ControlMaxClaimTaxRate = 30; Maximum percent out of a hundred that a Sea Fort can tax a ship using it
ControlPointCostLimit = 100; Total amount of build points a Sea Fort may have on it for defenses
ControlPointAggressionDecayTime = 60; How long a Sea Fort remains aggro at someone who attacked
ControlDestroyedDefensiveStructureAutoPlacementDelay = 600; How long it takes for the Sea Fort to start rebuilding
ControlPointNeutralStructureAutoPlacementDelay = 120; Delay between each rebuild step

Known Issues

• Old Structures on Sea Forts did not get moved with the island, and Sea Fort may not necessarily recognize these structures. This will be fixed with next week's wipe, or players can also simply destroy the old structures
  • Claiming issues with Sea Forts on PVP Lawless

:anchor: Final Note :anchor:

Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch, as well as timing, may be different from what was previously discussed. 

As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support! 🙂

:wheel:

Happy Sailing,

- ATLAS Crew

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

• Haha 1

We have all been off all day and I submitted a ticket and nothing has been resolved your about to start losing players and alot of them fast

BARRELS  BARRELS  BARRELS BARRELS  BARRELS  BARRELS  BARRELS  BARRELS  BARRELS  BARRELS  BARRELS 

Do something about BARRELS.

You obviously see the barrel problem by the 90% damage reduction you made against your new towers damage.  Now how about everything else.

Edited by Jim
  • Like 4

what kind of circus are these clowns running?  Is there any leadership in the company?  

1.  Update your patch notes before releasing the patch. This is standard practice. Imagine if Microsoft released server patches before the notes. Network admins and dbas would lose their shit. 

2.  Start communicating your road map even with tentative dates. Do you even have a road map or are you making it up as you go? 

3.  Work with your community instead of against them.  Acknowledge the list of issues and prioritize them based on votes. You're a business, or are you?

4.  Share and update frequently the list from step 3 and fix the mainstream issues, test these before you release them, and then refer to step 1.

5.  Clearly the person or persons accountable for these is NOT doing their job effectively. Fire these people and hire someone who can actually lead a technical team. 

P.S. xbox is broke but you probably already know that and are working to add in new content before you get around to fixing it. 

Edited by Funnypoop
Typo
  • Like 2

Please protect the small team!

I have witnessed ATLAS Lawless Island from 50 people per server to 5 people per server,Ninety percent of the players lost by ATLAS are lawless island  players. They are small teams and single players.Your game mechanics need major changes, take advantage of the early access mode.Advice for PVP server,This is a pirate game, what the pirates want is gold coins and resources。ATLAS pays too much attention to the performance of blueprint items, causing players to focus on how to obtain mythical blueprints。The current game mechanics of ATLAS are destined to not retain new players,The highest online number of this game will only be when the season restarts And then keep falling、Can't make the number stable。Because the safety of the players on the lawless island cannot be guaranteed, many people often wake up after a sleep and find that they have lost everything。what ATLAS keeps losing is the players on the lawless islands. 

Perhaps reducing the output of resources such as metals and gems and crystals and weakening the attributes of blueprint items will increase more players and wars

Reducing labor on land does not increase warfare at sea, because the reason why players do not conflict at sea is that they are busy obtaining drawings

Make it easier for the ship board to be penetrated by cannonballs. For example, 5 or 3 shells can make the ship board leak. The ship board cannot be replaced and can only be repaired and requires players or NPCs to repair it all the time. The ship plate can be renewed after breaking down.

You need to weaken the attributes of the blueprint items, because it is very difficult for players on the island of lawlessness to obtain,I swear I didn’t think I should weaken the drawing attributes because I didn’t get it. I was a member of JOJO last season. I had a drawing of 5 legendary large-scale control sails with 122, and I made it with a 130-level crow and dolphin buff. Out of 4 125 and 1 123,I just think the blueprint items are too powerful, and many players don’t have a chance to get them if they don’t join a large company. When a large company gets it, they have many ways to prevent small companies from getting it.!

Weakening the output of metal gem crystals will also reduce the number of ordinary ships. Players will also cherish their own ships. Reduce the number of blueprint ships or the difference in attributes will make more players dare to fight.

Let players collect basic resources, delete farmhouses, and reduce the output of some basic materials. Players will also fight for basic materials.

The other is the problem of large Large control sails,Why can a large controlled sail sail so fast? And it can also make the ship turn faster. I think the acceleration of the large-scale control sail should be weakened and its influence on the ship's rotation should be removed. I didn’t even see the large-scale speed sail in the 100-man decisive battle of the H8 last season. The naval battle should be determined by the old captain's superb technology and the diversified collocation of ships (the choice of weapons, the choice of sails, the number of people, the number of ships, and the matching of ships), as well as the battle of the ship. The existence of the whirling gun makes the battle of the ship basically impossible.

You need to improve the status of gold coins, first weaken the attributes of the drawing items, and then set up gold coins to buy some drawings in the free port, and buy any basic materials including metal gems and crystals, so that the status of gold coins is improved, and then reduce the amount of money except for killing ghost ships. And the amount of gold coins obtained other than treasure digging.Or set up to buy blueprints and basic materials on the marine merchant ship, or create a new merchant ship, the player can sail to rob the merchant ship and fight the merchant ship.

Now you have limited the amount of XP you can get. I think the upper limit of level 120 is no longer necessary. It can be reduced to level 80. After all, most players did not reach level 120 until the end of the season. Players from big companies, such as me, were early in the season. It reached level 120 within the first month.

Translation software is used in many places. I hope the developers can understand what I mean.

Good luck

JOJO company

• Like 1

I'll be honest, normally I'm pretty excited for a wipe, but I really don't feel the hype this time. The trade system, seems like a great idea, but you remove gold from everything but SoTD, Maps, and the new trade system. Perhaps take the time too fix the SoTD loot table, by removing the gold, and medium sails from them, and perhaps lower the % on the ammo from the ships as well. It's good to see that the map will be fixed, and more changes done too the islands for the neutral points. Though, this and the promise of a new boat, seems like it'd be enough, I can already predict that the returning numbers will be much lower this season, as there's been no address too the barrels. If you want to keep them in the game, great. Please move them too catapult only ammo, or large cannon only ammo, while removing the % increase from ships too the damage. This would keep them around 3k damage too a 300% boat, making them not overwhelming, and allowing  them to be used as 'deck clearers' as of right now the 'pirate' game's only fun aspect is land pvp. Which isn't saying much for a game based to be built around the seas. 

• Like 1

Cant play the game on my Xbox, Xbox gets screwed again, and delete ships for gold and and with the wipe, also wipe yourself and your skeleton crew and let other people try  Also becouse you dont react to my ticket.

you do not listen to your community so sad..👎

• Like 1

No matter if everyone asks to remove barrels, improve performance ... they just think, it's early access fuck
Edited by asturiespain

3 hours ago, edee said:

Please protect the small team!

Good luck

JOJO company

Huh

3 hours ago, Funnypoop said:

You're a business, or are you?

Hmmm yeah uh

7 hours ago, Jim said:

BARRELS  BARRELS  BARRELS BARRELS  BARRELS  BARRELS  BARRELS  BARRELS  BARRELS  BARRELS  BARRELS 

Do something about BARRELS.

You obviously see the barrel problem by the 90% damage reduction you made against your new towers damage.  Now how about everything else.

i don't understand why they don't just limit barrels to catapults and fix it gliders cant carry barrels and get back to the old days when you press shift you had control of lift. they need to add more catapult mechanics like elephant saddles.. i mean it would make more sense and be somewhat historically accurate considering what the ancient indians and hindu did with mounted ballista, javelins throwing and everything else. elephant war machines were moving, armored battle towers. alexander the great and the romans told some crazy tales about it.  they gotta do something with the tortuga too... its not living up to the armored personnel carrier i always hoped it would be. . its obvious barrels are a problem and i haven't even logged in in a pretty long time.. but other than that, it seems who ever is in charge of development actually gives a fuck this time and im excited.  I'M COMING BACK! this wipe coming, im coming back. can't wait.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Like 1

Early next week, we are expecting to release the third part of the Trade System which will introduce the actual Trading functionality. In order to implement this, a wipe will be required. Currently, this is scheduled for next Tuesday, November 10.

Weird. What are the chances that a wipe would be scheduled for the exact same day that the Series X launches, November 10? It boggles the mind! Or not. It was fairly obvious when you hinted at a wipe, and then announced some nebulous new "Trade System". "Woa, it's a whole system! I guess you'll need to wipe..."

The wipe is a naked cash grab designed to sell more boxes with the release of the Series X - an Xbox that might possibly actually run the game. You should have just come clean and said, "We're wiping to coincide with the new Xbox release because we have no idea how else to monetize the game". At least it would have been honest.

• Like 1

Going to clear account suspensions, or at least players who weren't cheating at all, but someone in their company was? Guilt by association is pathetic.

Disclaimer: I'm not one or the other. Just suggesting that maybe the right thing and developers look good, for once.

Cant play the game on my Xbox, Xbox gets screwed again, and delete ships for gold and and with the wipe, also wipe yourself and your skeleton crew and let other people try  Also becouse you dont react to my ticket.

you do not listen to your community so sad..👎

And wait a few days with the wipe so i can test and see if the lags are less..

6 hours ago, eeeceee said:

Huh

Hmmm yeah uh

what do you want to say?🤔

Huh?

JOJO isnt a small company, never was, and even if it was, it never acted as a small company. WTF are you talking about lawless for?

6 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

it seems who ever is in charge of development actually gives a fuck this time and im excited.  I'M COMING BACK! this wipe coming, im coming back. can't wait.

Why do you think this? You'll just leave again....

6 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

Huh?

JOJO isnt a small company, never was, and even if it was, it never acted as a small company. WTF are you talking about lawless for?

Why do you think this? You'll just leave again....

Why is JOJO not a small company? You have only seen the past of JOJO. This season’s JOJO has had a lot of civil strife. We are now living in G9, operating as a small team, and chatting with other small teams in G9🙂