tiggerib

My thoughts on making the game better

Here is my list of suggestions, provided that developers even look at this anymore. I know not everyone will agree with what I stated, but this is my opinion on what should be done to make this game better. 

·         Fix broken code / features before introducing new code or features and insure it is working properly before you release it. There is so much broken now, the game should be wiped and started from scratch with new code. Once you see that the code is stable in a production environment, add in your new features.

·         Fix bugs immediately with a hot patch, don’t hold off for two or more days, if you have to wait that long to fix something, roll the servers back to the previous version of the game.

·         Remove both the farmhouse & warehouse. Replace with a single multi-function unit that can be used to gather resources from the island slowly as well store said resources, 1 per company in region. This will reduce the number of items on the servers and prevent spam of warehouses and farmhouses.

·         One constant theme the Developrs keep telling is that they want us on the seas more (besides for maps, resources and the few quests available) what else are we to do? Killing SOTD’s, doing maps, and the few quests available is monotonous. Make new content/quest once you have the present code Stabilized.

·         Get real gaming servers, sorry Nitrado servers are not meant for extreme number of players in a region. If you get more than 10 players on the present servers, they begin to lag out horribly. Eve Online just had over 8000 in one region, there is no way the Atlas servers could handle near that load.

·         Remove this new trade system, let the players drive the economy of the game with trade shows and player ran events. This will be more successful and entertaining for the players involved. If you feel this is needed,  make it so only one of the trade islands can be claimed by a company.

·         Create more claimable islands and limit the number of islands owned per company to the maximum of 2 islands.

·         Decrease the time sailing, a lot of people are limited to the amount of time they can spend in the game. They shouldn’t have to spend most of their free time sailing to where they want to go. I am not saying make it instantaneous, but to increase the speed of the ships. This is a game it is fantasy not reality.

·         If people are building a ship, why do they need to spend gold to build it? They have already spent the time gathering the resources for the ship, now you are going to request that they go get gold as well? You are chasing your player base away with these ideas you are coming up with.

·         Listen to your player base. The ramming ship is neat looking; however, it’s not what people asked for in a ship.

·         Remove the large text off of the Sextant Buff map, a lot of people use that to see shorelines. The large text is blocking part of the shoreline, shallows and smaller islands.

·         Bring back the NA PVE server, the Global PVE server is overcrowded or at least bring back the old 15X15 map.

·         Bring back the experience points for the bosses; however, set a flag that you only get the experience points for completing the boss first time; in the case of the snowman or kraken each player gets experience for version one once and version two once.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tiggerib said:

·         Bring back the experience points for the bosses; however, set a flag that you only get the experience points for completing the boss first time; in the case of the snowman or kraken each player gets experience for version one once and version two once.

But then there would be no point in going back? Do it once and then what?

Higher level people farm it for the XP as once you pass say 80 its a loooong grind. This then helps out other players who couldn't do it alone or in a smaller less experienced group. Repeating the events adds player interaction and events. I say keep it. Unless they want to add another high level way of gaining XP with more bosses?

Other than that cant argue with the rest.

I agree 100% they need more bosses and content for higher end players. But first they gotta fix the game 😕

I 100% agree with this post. We need more people to push this game to keep it alive. I play everyday and check the discords and do everything. Lets keep this game alive. Great suggestions Tiggerib!

• Like 1

Sloop

Ketch

Brigantine

Caravel

Qanack

Galley

Barque

Galleon)

Queen Anne's Revenge

Frigate

Man O War

Ship of the Line

Masted sailing ships of the Golden Age of Pirates.

More types of ships! 

I think would help is a auction system at the ports and have PVP with PVE zones together ln the same game. Have safe point for your ship to dock for some silver and Gold which both should be in the game.. If this my game this is how it would start out. Have your character creation, then you pick your career Pirate, Trader, Adventure, what career adds extra perks in your skills. Then pick what nation you  start your location at and you get a skin for your sail to fly your ship  to sail under. England, Spain, China, and Pirate. I would break up the world islands into territory islands that can be govern and ruled by players. I think skills should be more individual and more precise. You can be a hunter skilling animals that give you types of hides and the more you get the better you become unlocking that skill. Then you can take you hides and take it to a trader for some coin. The Trader then might know that England Territory islands are paying a better price then the Spanish territory islands. And of course the Pirate's black market might be better. Territories can be at war with each other or have peace. Just some thoughts in how I would make the game work.

That is why the old claim system had such a higher rating and player base. Getting and keeping flags was a mini game now u just run out of stuff. If the game let's u play at all

I agree, the developers want to see more people at sea, don’t make it such a punishment to loose a ship. You’re going to loose your ship, daily on pvp. More than likely while your asleep. Dont get attached to it. But now you introduce more grinding for a ship now, fun. The goal for the team should be how to make ship building more effective, faster. Without taking away from the current grind, or adding to it. Balance ship designs and ship combat. If you want trade just an auction house. that brings people on the water and with stuff to sell putting more potential for gain/win scenarios. But honestly what am I buying or trading? I don’t even understand the value of trading yet. Meals are all garbage and the gear can all be built in company with the right set up. examples, More customizable decks, planks that can only be planks be already assembled on ship build. hatches for the schooner lower deck idk how many times I have been glitched inside there repairing and had to wait to starve... Sails, the only sail of choice seems to be speed and maybe handling at times. The sail system needs to be worked on entirely. But till then speed sails and front and back cannons ftw. 

Edited by Blacksheep1B
  • Like 1

That the talk in the game What is wrong with the developers! Why are they not listen to the players that want this game to work! Why does it seem like there heads are in the sand! We been ask and been told from the beginning that there would be more things like ships. How many more year will I wait and will I be dead of old age before if any other ships be added into the game.

Edited by Bladecolector
Miss spelling