HYPNOTIK IMAGE

Underwater maps

With islands being infested with puckles, my suggestion is moving digging for maps to open water, that would get more people on the water looking for treasure, it’ll make the harpoon guns useful and relevant. I made a suggestion of moving map spawns to the sunken ships off shore so that spam and defenses would not hinder the maps from spawning. Underwater SOD fights with harpoon guns, swords, and maces would be challenging while trying to fend off nearby underwater creatures and rival companies on the water, and holding your breath long enough to complete the map, at the same time eliminating the chances of getting shot by a puckle just trying to get to the treasure location on islands. Just a suggestion. 

This is all PvP issues because there is no saftey for bases and harbors in this game. Once you allow somebody to build a combat FOB on your island you are screwed... imagine enemys can build under water FOBs too.(good luck with dropping barrels or grenades to destroy it) So that's why you need everywhere puckles and structure spam to simply protect your island. The game is like Ark PvP with 0 protection for anything. But in Ark you can put your base in small caves... in Atlas you need a harbor for some ships...

Islands owners get only one settler or spawn alert with coordinates... after that one enemy can do what ever he wants when he finds a place to build. Consequence is that you structure spam to avoid that somebody can build.

Edited by Nacona

I agree with defending your island how you see fit. My issues is, have a great map that you are unable to reach and dig up the treasure, with tames or even a small army because of puckles or structures that have been built on the dig site. That’s why I made the suggestion of moving the treasure maps them to open water. Maybe not completely eliminating them from land but adding the ability to still farm for map treasure in open water. There are still tons of threats out there, ships of the damned, rival companies, underwater creatures, being able to fight with enough Stam while holding your breath at the same time. Even with diving attachments you still need enough stam to finish the treasure fight, dig up the treasure and make it back to your boat before something else comes along.