Sign in to follow this  
Ghost Pirate LeChuck

Map Bottles

Since patch it seems 50/50 if they even contain a map.

After doing 2 map runs round the island it isn't even uncommon for a bottle to be empty. It used to be a rare occurrence but now its a coin flip.

Is this planned? Since you've taken away methods of farming gold is this a further nerf or a bug?

I believe that the map expiration timer in the bottle starts ticking when it is created.  if you pick up an empty bottle it is because it has sat there longer than the map had left. 

Cant be.

I did a loop of the island and picked up all the bottles waited about 30m and did again as they should have all respawned. On both circuits must be 60-70% of the bottles were empty. Never had that. Went to a different island, same thing.

Sounds like a very old bug reappears. Remember 8 to 10 weeks after first release when they fixed alphas? Thats about the same time maps went "sour". Guess someone is using alot of salt again.

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr
  • Sad 1

On top of that issue, SoTD are only occasionally dropping loot boxes, looking at the map will cause xbox players to lag if not crash and sometimes when you drop all in your inventory it disappears. OH and my friends ship constantly shoots fish. We put the cannons on ships only, told them to stand down while on and off the cannons and also whistled them all passive. Their hatred for fish still persists. RIP our 500 medium cannonballs.

On 10/28/2020 at 10:16 AM, Ghost Pirate LeChuck said:

Yeah I remember. Just did another run, on a island that usually nets me around 20 maps I came back with 3 lool.

Pretty much all but a handful today were 0.5 quality, but still empty. 

When you see a bottle, weirdly shaped and a deep purple shine on it and you go like:"YAAAAAAAAARRRR, I'm gonna be rich!!!"

Pick up bottle, poof and gone.

Reminds me of a certain gamingcompany...