Sign in to follow this  
Athena (Sweet Greeks)

Earning Gold

I just wanted to voice a simple concern. If this trade system as noted in the patch notes is “the new way to make gold” I feel that it will alienate the community from each other. I know the dev primary focus is pvp but consider pve! If you kill off the pve community then half the games population will fall off. Please keep that in consideration before making that the end all for money making. Killing squids, for example, should still drop gold (even if it’s only 100) because it allows me to do a meat run for babies, have fun killing things and make a little cash! 

• Like 1

As far as I understand their intention,

- they want trade routes to be the go to resource movement - promoting cooperation between different biome owners.
- they want to have more ship PVP around those trade route points (no protection timer on them) which seem to be everywhere (including Lawless and Powerstone), so if you are able to take out the NPC defense (a problem non-existent in Atlas) you can earn gold within ~30mins. Also you can raid the banks there.
- "Because of performance concerns" trade ships are not intended to get raided, because only a few will actually sail, the rest is not rendered. So just spam trade routes for 1x fiber until no more get rendered and then send your big hauls safely.

Trouble is there isn't much to spend gold on, they don't have much of a gold sink in this game. It just sits in the box and only mainly used for upkeep.

They should be adding more things to spend gold on, i don't think this trade system will turn the game around, damage is done.

I can see the concern for a gold sink for sure. Adding cost to making ships is a good start, I think any way. My concern is PvE and yes that does need to happen. I just worry that one company will claim a bunch of the floating outposts or whatever they’re called and they will end up like islands. One company has multiple and then just goes inactive except once a week and renews the ownership. It’s not the end of the world but it’s of slight concern for the PvE crowd.

That being said this will be good for PvP my issue there was very little sea battles. It was and still is mostly about wiping out fleets while they’re offline or (in my case) someone taking over your allies island and then just walking past your 200+ puckle guns and going through your front door. 

There is a lot of work to be done but it’s a step in the right direction. We just need to have multiple ways to make gold. If we centralize it around one or two aspects of the game.... well quiet frankly it’ll either get over crowded or boring as heck haha.