Sign in to follow this  
Olthoi

Will There Be A Wipe With The Update?

1 hour ago, Ghost Pirate LeChuck said:

Highly likely.

The new maps will need to have the shipping lanes and trade markets installed etc. So they will need to be clean wiped for that. Cant overlay it.

What if they just add some ?  I'm ok with a wipe.  Just wish they would say it so I dont have to feed 50 bears every day. 

They will wipe, no matter what they state here or on Discord.

I want to know if we can keep the toons with all quests done.

No just kidding, that's also never gonna happen.

I want lasers tho.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TargetOne said:

As they say on the Discord, "wipe hype".

The problem is they aren't answering the question.  It would be so much simpler if they just said yes or no.  By ignoring the question, it creates hype and a bit of drama.  I simply want to know so I can save 45 minutes a day emptying farmhouses and feeding tames.  And of course,  when there is a non answer its a passive yes.  Id probably have better success asking them if they intended on packing the supreme court....

The problem is too early or too late. When they gave us several weeks until wipe in season 1, most everyone just left. When they gave us less than 24 hours n season 3, it was too sudden. How about a 3 day timer? Give us a few days warning before the wipe. In fact, make it more of an countdown event like a tidal wave. Just a courtesy to your unpaid play testers. Simple and everyone is happy. 

They know that by announcing a wipe no one will play until the wipe is done.  Announcing the wipe is counter productive in that way.

https://steamcharts.com/app/834910

Atlas droped down to the same player ammount on steam like before season 3 end. But consider that time there was maybe some more Xbox Players in the game.

If they start wiping only because of the trade routes and no fixes of the current game they will not get back to 7k Players peak. But they don't care as long some play it and give them feedback they may use. obviusly they think with full release some day they get all ark players joining the atlas.

2 hours ago, Nacona said:

https://steamcharts.com/app/834910

Atlas droped down to the same player ammount on steam like before season 3 end. But consider that time there was maybe some more Xbox Players in the game.

If they start wiping only because of the trade routes and no fixes of the current game they will not get back to 7k Players peak. But they don't care as long some play it and give them feedback they may use. obviusly they think with full release some day they get all ark players joining the atlas.

ARK players are Zookeepers for the most part, so not gonna happen.

ATLAS is only 1 way direction and that's down the drain. It has been since there where "seasons" introduced. No clear line where the game is going to, deffo loose of char and progress each new season, and so on, so on, so on....

With each "season" comes new devs. And like in ARK, they all have their prestigeprojects. Bugfixes are not happening for a bit (not now, not next season and even not on full release), unless PvP has a disadvantage then they're being soved in no time. 

PvE is nothing worth for Grapeshot, altho it has BY FAR the largest active community. Yet, these players are being left in the dark and they need to live on the same principles as PvP. There are so many ideas thrown down on this forum, on Discord and even on Twitter. But all being silenced due to own prestiges.

In short, they will wipe and you need to start over AGAIN with all old bugs. Live with it, try to have fun and stay safe. Especially in these days.

I guess at this point they need to wipe so people come back to the game, even if they can patch without need for a wipe.

I for one hope for a wipe.

Stopped playing a few weeks after the barrel-stupidity.
Whats the point in repairing ships and feeding tames if the problem is not resolved after 1-2 weeks?
If you are still "playing" by just keeping things alive you are actually not playing.
After so long a time the barrels should have been removed or fixed, so we could actually come back and 'continue' play the game.

So I hope for a removal/meaningful fix of the barrels, otherwise even a wipe would be useless for player numbers.

there we go

"This next patch will NOT include a wipe. However, as we continue to implement the Trade System, a wipe will be a necessary part of the process."

see ya in season 5 guys, have fun until then.

No wipe but even if there was I won't be back anytime soon.

I let my last place go, could not even be bothered to log in every week to reset. I hope someone is enjoying my gold and taking good care of the animals.

Will see what they add next year before I consider coming back. Forgive me for not having faith in these devs. 

On 10/25/2020 at 12:11 AM, photek said:

see ya in season 5 guys, have fun until then.

Really? Why are you going to play this crap in "season 5"?