Sign in to follow this  
ATLAS

Captain's Log #41: A New Direction and Trade System + Ramming Ship Tease

Well all I can say is, I look forward to hearing what else is in store.

Not too excited for the trade routes... but thank god they didnt implement a frigate for purchase. I want my frigate customizable, not prefabed!

7 hours ago, Maximo said:

The Greek type ship that you have put in does not fit much with the ships of the time and people wanted something frigate type, but well if you already have it, I don't think people are going to complain because you put more ships but a frigate in a game of pirates can not miss.

You wanted ideas, then have mine, instead of putting ships for gold you should give the option of making them too.

Well the idea is the following, add daily BP global auctions of good quality where some plans of each piece of ship are auctioned such as 5 mythical sails, 20 mythical cannons, 20 plates etc in set (each type of piece in a different auction ) and add a structure or from the flag of the island itself or somewhere where you can put gold the option to bid for those lots until a certain time of the day (the ideal would be an accessible time for the largest number of players) thus the gold it would be even more useful and the importance of trade routes would be enhanced.

It will be good for large companies, but for small and single players nothing will come of it !!!

• Like 1

I wonder you all don't see the idea behind this ramming ship. I mean it has 18 prefab cannons in no gun ports = max weight + 2 large cannons in the rear. With two (speed)sails and maybe a weight of 8000/20000 this will be awesome fast. Maybe you can drive 6-8 knots and increase it for short time to 12 knots? Keep in mind you don't have amunition for your cannons on board and you don#t have repair resources.

So what will I do? I will build a brig with 3 handling sails(~120% speed) and 5/5 cannons with total weight reduction to full combat ready 3500/15000 weight. Yes that ship has repairs and amunition on board for easy 30 minutes fighting. If you don't know how to do this you should try some things. If i have a good shipyard i could even spend some levels on weight. I even don't need to use barrels to blow that one appart. But let me guess the devs focussing on PvP drive themselfes only PvE monster ships with 20 points skilled on weight. 

The thing with early access is that you get kickstarter money from your alpha testers who buy this game. But the way you do this early acces should be that you pay your testers for their sufferings.

I played 1400 hours in season 3 and it was a great game once. It was really funny and needed lots of teamplay. Just fix the so often mentioned bugs and server issues. Improve the quality of loot drops of SotD and treasure maps. Let the players find shipyards and handling sails. SoTD >lvl 30 shoult drop more than green blue prints... just give high level ships a lootdrop according to their level. And maybe you don't give us rolls of mystical 110% garbage... what you throw away when it's gray.

Testing the farmhouses now they stop of no reasons, they run but don't collect things... the warehouse is one day filled with 13k of all ress and the next day only 1k? Why don't all my farms on an island connect to my warehouse and why other warehouses could connect my farms? Fix and balance this. I don't believe the trade routes will work as intended. New land bases screams next wipe. But i don#t care because I probably don't play anymore as i quit after the season 4 start passed 3 weeks. I should have a look if my Pathfinder is even dropped below level 80^^

I am testing a private server with mixed PvE and PvP grids on the full 11x11 map. Suiting me much better than the rediculos barrel bomb wipes on the full PvP which effects your health in real life after a while.Settings are farming and XP 3x which makes the game much less grindy but i still like to do the grind jobs.

An^d wtf I found out that now doing Power Stones does not give you 40 Discovery Points anymore? So you need to step on all islands to increase your max level? Did you know this means about 10 minutes driving from one island to the next if you don't explore the island a little bit... your game is no fun playing with lvl 50.... a sweet spot is ~80. I maybe shouldn't test Kraken or Yeti Boss fight because I will cry when this gives you now rewards than just 1 more dance move....

I wonder you all don't see the idea behind this rmming ship. I mean it has 18 prefab cannons in no gun ports = max weight + 2 large cannons in the rear. With two (speed)sails and maybe a weight of 8000/20000 this will be awesome fast. Maybe you can drive 6-8 knots and increase it for short time to 12 knots? Keep in mind you don't have amunition for your cannons on board and you don#t have repair resources.

So what will I do? I will build a brig with 3 handling sails(~120% speed) and 5/5 cannons with total weight reduction to full combat ready 3500/15000 weight. Yes that ship has repairs and amunition on board for easy 30 minutes fighting. If you don't know how to do this you should try some things. If i have a good shipyard i could even spend some levels on weight. I even don't need to use barrels to blow that one appart. But let me guess the devs focussing on PvP drive themselfes only PvE monster ships with 20 points skilled on weight. 

The thing with early access is that you get kickstarter money from your alpha testers who buy this game. But the way you do this early acces should be that you pay your testers for their sufferings.

I played 1400 hours in season 3 and it was a great game once. It was really funny and needed lots of teamplay. Just fix the so often mentioned bugs and server issues. Improve the quality of loot drops of SotD and treasure maps. Let the players find shipyards and handling sails. SoTD >lvl 30 shoult drop more than green blue prints... just give high level ships a lootdrop according to their level. And maybe you don't give us rolls of mystical 110% garbage... what you throw away when it's gray.

Testing the farmhouses now they stop of no reasons, they run but don't collect things... the warehouse is one day filled with 13k of all ress and the next day only 1k? Why don't all my farms on an island connect to my warehouse and why other warehouses could connect my farms? Fix and balance this. I don't believe the trade routes will work as intended. New land bases screams next wipe. But i don#t care because I probably don't play anymore as i quit after the season 4 start passed 3 weeks. I should have a look if my Pathfinder is even dropped below level 80^^

I am testing a private server with mixed PvE and PvP grids on the full 11x11 map. Suiting me much better than the rediculos barrel bomb wipes on the full PvP which effects your health in real life after a while.Settings are farming and XP 3x which makes the game much less grindy but i still like to do the grind jobs.

And wtf I found out that now doing Power Stones does not give you 40 Discovery Points anymore? So you need to step on all islands to increase your max level? Did you know this means about 10 minutes driving from one island to the next if you don't explore the island a little bit... your game is no fun playing with lvl 50.... a sweet spot is ~80. I maybe shouldn't test Kraken or Yeti Boss fight because I will cry when this gives you now rewards than just 1 more dance move....

*EDIT: Just loged in and still level 80 and 652 Discovery Points left. Maybe somebody knows if Power Stones still give 40 Disc Points as well as the essences? Also I had to log in with activated VPN due to the old bug maybe caused by wi-fi connection? Without VPN stucked in the loading screen on the Primagameldata_BP.

Edited by Nacona
  • Like 1

And what you devs need to know the most: This are the PC players who are angree that this game could be so much better... but we payed "only" between 3-25€ but you made this game also for cross plattform with Xbox One. But those players can't play it....they have partly 10-20 seconds lags or just crash out of the game when they discover a PC players base or harbor. Lucky Xbox Players who have friends carriing there sleeping body away that they can login again. And the Xbox price is much more than the PC version. I started solo, made lots of friends and 80% where Xbox Players at that time. We tried to build that way they could play but that doesn't work on PvP. So most of them bought a PC for 1k € and the second time Atlas because that game was great fun(Season 3). We had a rutine that Xbox Players asked the PC players to get their ships out or in and they just go for a 2-3 minutes brake until they can play again. Maybe every  Xbox Player will buy the new Xbox soon because of Atlas... good job and big thx from Microsoft to you Devs.

So if you say you listen to the community than stop new content and do like all the community is asking and bagging for. I mean look at the time the players invest into this game. There are so many AAA titles most players don#t play even 100 hours... MAGA MAGA MAGA. It's up to you.

New content = Good (depending on content)

Adding new content BEFORE fixing old/existing content and game = bad

Claiming to listen to our feedback, but not actually listening to our feedback = bad

Hinting about more wipes after previously stating no more wipes = very bad

Look....the game has potential...it really does. It's cool you want to add stuff to the game, keeping it semi fresh....but I've said it before, and once again I'll say it again....FIX CURRENT STUFF (including server/performance issues) BEFORE ADDING NEW STUFF!!!! Your lack of logic here amazes me. The fact that you claim to listen to us, the players, but never provide responses etc to player posts, auto-closing tickets, and what not just proves you don't care what we say/ask for. As for even more wipes coming....why should anyone here (pvp and pve) bother playing if you're just going to keep wiping things? Why should Player X build ships to fight SoD if they're just going to lose the ships yet again? Why should Player Y spend much of their time/energy/resources to tame that one tame they've always wanted, just to have it taken away in a wipe? Why should Company A tame and breed some basic tames to help out new players with their first tames etc if you're just going to wipe again and again? You want us to play, and you want new players to join, but give NO reasons to stay. What's a new player to think when they just get a basic base going, to log in one day and have it wiped because you devs think it's for the best?  If you need to wipe, find a way to allow players to keep the things they've worked tirelessly for. Or just get good at making a game and keeping the players.

As for costing gold to build ships....really? I can understand if you're going to allow players to buy a brig from an NPC (like the guy in the freeports), but if I'm building my own shipyard, using MY resources that I grinded, why should I pay gold to build something with my own mats? Building ships should NOT cost gold if you're using your own mats, your own shipyard. Learn to get good, devs.

• Like 3

Have they officially announced a wipe yet?  I don't care wither way, just say "Yes" or "no" please.

• Like 1

With imagination, these developers are in trouble !!! With every suggestion the game gets worse and worse !!! Isn't it time to change the team, erase everything and restore the old map with its correctly laid down idea and course of development ?? !!! Someone from the heads of administration reads our demands, wishes and indignation ???!

Just wanted to provide some context for the blatant mismanagement of this game..

We're TWO YEARS into EA for a PIRATE game and "walking the plank" hasn't been implemented.

Need i say more? Quit over a month ago and its been a huge relief.

Good luck, best wishes

• Like 2

This is a pirate game, what the pirates want is gold coins and resources。ATLAS pays too much attention to the performance of blueprint items, causing players to focus on how to obtain mythical blueprints。The current game mechanics of ATLAS are destined to not retain new players,The highest online number of this game will only be when the season restarts And then keep falling、Can't make the number stable。Because the safety of the players on the lawless island cannot be guaranteed, many people often wake up after a sleep and find that they have lost everything。what ATLAS keeps losing is the players on the lawless islands. 

Perhaps reducing the output of resources such as metals and gems and crystals and weakening the attributes of blueprint items will increase more players and wars

Reducing labor on land does not increase warfare at sea, because the reason why players do not conflict at sea is that they are busy obtaining drawings

Make it easier for the ship board to be penetrated by cannonballs. For example, 5 or 3 shells can make the ship board leak. The ship board cannot be replaced and can only be repaired and requires players or NPCs to repair it all the time. The ship plate can be renewed after breaking down.

You need to weaken the attributes of the blueprint items, because it is very difficult for players on the island of lawlessness to obtain,I swear I didn’t think I should weaken the drawing attributes because I didn’t get it. I was a member of JOJO last season. I had a drawing of 5 legendary large-scale control sails with 122, and I made it with a 130-level crow and dolphin buff. Out of 4 125 and 1 123,I just think the blueprint items are too powerful, and many players don’t have a chance to get them if they don’t join a large company. When a large company gets it, they have many ways to prevent small companies from getting it.!

Weakening the output of metal gem crystals will also reduce the number of ordinary ships. Players will also cherish their own ships. Reduce the number of blueprint ships or the difference in attributes will make more players dare to fight.

Let players collect basic resources, delete farmhouses, and reduce the output of some basic materials. Players will also fight for basic materials.

The other is the problem of large Large control sails,Why can a large controlled sail sail so fast? And it can also make the ship turn faster. I think the acceleration of the large-scale control sail should be weakened and its influence on the ship's rotation should be removed. I didn’t even see the large-scale speed sail in the 150-man decisive battle of the H8 last season. The naval battle should be determined by the old captain's superb technology and the diversified collocation of ships (the choice of weapons, the choice of sails, the number of people, the number of ships, and the matching of ships), as well as the battle of the ship. The existence of the whirling gun makes the battle of the ship basically impossible.

You need to improve the status of gold coins, first weaken the attributes of the drawing items, and then set up gold coins to buy some drawings in the free port, and buy any basic materials including metal gems and crystals, so that the status of gold coins is improved, and then reduce the amount of money except for killing ghost ships. And the amount of gold coins obtained other than treasure digging.Or set up to buy blueprints and basic materials on the marine merchant ship, or create a new merchant ship, the player can sail to rob the merchant ship and fight the merchant ship.

I am a Chinese player. My English is not very good. Translation software is used in many places. I hope the developers can understand what I mean.

Good luck

• Like 2

3 hours ago, edee said:

This is a pirate game, what the pirates want is gold coins and resources。ATLAS pays too much attention to the performance of blueprint items, causing players to focus on how to obtain mythical blueprints。The current game mechanics of ATLAS are destined to not retain new players,The highest online number of this game will only be when the season restarts And then keep falling、Can't make the number stable。Because the safety of the players on the lawless island cannot be guaranteed, many people often wake up after a sleep and find that they have lost everything。what ATLAS keeps losing is the players on the lawless islands. 

Good luck

(Great English by the way Edee)

I agree, and further think blueprints should be trashed completely, as should raising/breeding animals.  I think there should be a marginal buff to items created using a skill tree or raven (perhaps up to 110%).  That way everyone is pretty equal at sea.  Maybe a small buff for including mixed resources since if you get rid of fine+ BPs you don't need to collect resources.

Breeding animals is a stupid waste of time.  You should be able to quickly capture and domesticate a beast for general use.  They don't need to level up perhaps all should be locked at level 20.  This would force players to rely on their own skill tree to overcome obstacles.  Sure you could train a bunch of bears and ride on in to beat a high level map. But you wouldn't be able to breed ONE bear that could take on any map, you'd need more players.

If you build a mechanic like shield bash, there should be a skill tree or defense to negate the effect. 

Barrel bombs should have never been projectiles.

The game should be about teamwork, load out and tactics.  Not based on min/maxing, time investment and resource collection.

• Haha 1

When you have already learned to think about the game strategically and in advance, so that there would be an influx of new players? You made the map smaller, thereby closing access to the influx of new players! The map should be expanded, not reduced! Or your idea is that the game has no more than 100 players and all ?? Start already thinking with your head !!!

I don't think you devs could come up with worse ideas unless you took huge amounts of mind altering drugs and hung upside down in an oxygen vacuum for a week! Roadmap? by the look of some of your new game ideas you'd need a map to find your own desks!

• Like 1

While any update is welcome, the next couple of patches and update may mean the death of the solo player and the small, 3 to 6 player companies. It is a pain to play when 20 and above player companies, Black Hole, Pochinki, and other large groups control multiple grids.  Add in allies and parts of the map and resources' become off limits to smaller groups or solo whom can't be online hours at a time.   

Here, have a barrel.

Here, have a full ramming sp33dz0r ship!!!

We look forward to working more on listening to the community.

Cyas.

Edited by eeeceee
  • Like 1

Honestly the map size is perfect, there was nothing worse than taking a boat out last season, knowing it was a 6 hour commitment, because of sail times. The issue with the game, isn't the lack of islands available, or that it's not built for the solo player, or small companies. This is literally prevalent in every game you play, even in RL, the larger over takes the smaller. If you want an island, take one at the start of the season and hold it, or move into a company. As most BIG companies now....are like 20 active players on a saturday night, if your lucky. The issues that need to be addressed, is the fact you go over 255 ping for hardly nothing. They need to put in large harbor walls, that have like 50k health or something, and same sizes as our current ones. Actual large sea gates, and that'll cut most of your grids' lag down, due too a majority of it, is building viable harbors. Barrels need to be re thought, don't take them out of the game, make them a catapult only ammo, so their viable for land raiding. This alone would cause a lot of players too come back, and make the catapult useful, as those rocks are pointless. Overall, I think stability, andd cutting down server lag, should be the large focus, and if you're putting anything new in a FRIGATE!!!!!!!!!! I mean, you're going too go for a ram, get barreled, and sunk in 30 seconds, while folks scratch their head going...what were they trying to do? Ultimately most of the updates in this patch were fine. But the QoL should've been addressed primarily.

• Like 2

ship design should be a lot more customizable, rafts are useless and so are dingy's you should combine them and make something better for a solo sailor, i made a post to fix and improve weighted sails so they are a viable choice. yall should listen to your player base more there are hardly any players and you need to make things liek trading actually important and able to be done by players not just AI. the post is "weighted sails rework"

On 10/21/2020 at 9:21 AM, Cpt.Yarrr said:

"Community"

Ok, let me fire this one;

"Who on THIS COMMUNITY asked for rammingships?"

I want lasers btw.

personally i just wanted to be able to add a ramming device to ships and other additions that cost resources like metal plating. instead of improving on existing elements of the games and fixing whats wrong they go deeper into other things and expect us not to complain about the broken stuff

On 10/22/2020 at 3:41 PM, UnderTaker905 said:

New content = Good (depending on content)

Adding new content BEFORE fixing old/existing content and game = bad

Claiming to listen to our feedback, but not actually listening to our feedback = bad

Hinting about more wipes after previously stating no more wipes = very bad

Look....the game has potential...it really does. It's cool you want to add stuff to the game, keeping it semi fresh....but I've said it before, and once again I'll say it again....FIX CURRENT STUFF (including server/performance issues) BEFORE ADDING NEW STUFF!!!! Your lack of logic here amazes me. The fact that you claim to listen to us, the players, but never provide responses etc to player posts, auto-closing tickets, and what not just proves you don't care what we say/ask for. As for even more wipes coming....why should anyone here (pvp and pve) bother playing if you're just going to keep wiping things? Why should Player X build ships to fight SoD if they're just going to lose the ships yet again? Why should Player Y spend much of their time/energy/resources to tame that one tame they've always wanted, just to have it taken away in a wipe? Why should Company A tame and breed some basic tames to help out new players with their first tames etc if you're just going to wipe again and again? You want us to play, and you want new players to join, but give NO reasons to stay. What's a new player to think when they just get a basic base going, to log in one day and have it wiped because you devs think it's for the best?  If you need to wipe, find a way to allow players to keep the things they've worked tirelessly for. Or just get good at making a game and keeping the players.

As for costing gold to build ships....really? I can understand if you're going to allow players to buy a brig from an NPC (like the guy in the freeports), but if I'm building my own shipyard, using MY resources that I grinded, why should I pay gold to build something with my own mats? Building ships should NOT cost gold if you're using your own mats, your own shipyard. Learn to get good, devs.

i agree i used to be tortugar tamer but they hardly spawn, you never know where they will spawn, you have to fight through spiders and lions to find them, they are killed by boars that get stuck in them and die to everything on the island so even if you manage to catch a live one youd be lucky to get it out of there, breeding is a HUGE pain and there is no way to help like a master skill for taming that could increase the tamed bar or allow you to skip one imprinting session to make 100 percent easier but have a massive cooldown

33 minutes ago, deathhunter1 said:

personally i just wanted to be able to add a ramming device to ships and other additions that cost resources like metal plating. instead of improving on existing elements of the games and fixing whats wrong they go deeper into other things and expect us not to complain about the broken stuff

Same. It was one of the things I really would love to see in this game.

With lasers ofc.

Why do you people insist on killing the fucking game? your taking every thing away we like and putting in stupid shit if you want us to stop playing come out and say so. I swear the dev do not play this game I am new here I only have 4,707 hours in the game just tell me your killing the game I have a crew of 21 that are leaving thanks to you

Yeah thats the thing, the devs have never played the game I believe. Dollie once said "nah, i don't have the time"

edit: thanks devs for the 4.7k hours that this guy played, i have many thousands also and have played a handful of hours since the barrel update

Edited by eeeceee

On 10/21/2020 at 5:40 AM, Chillmatic Airwaves said:

Ah, of course. An extremely complex multi-grid trade route system adding new island types with automatically generated defenses, npc trade ships, and a boat designed to ram other boats. What could possibly go wrong? I mean last update you said you were just adding warehouses, and we got an unannounced game-destroying barrel 'balance' change and you broke a number of critical core game functions and disappeared for a month without a word. I hope you don't expect much confidence from anyone that you are even remotely capable of successfully implementing something of the magnitude that you're describing.

Hi there

• Haha 1

Theres a saying...

"Generally its best to under promise and over deliver"

I mean in the patch notes they did make it pretty clear that things will be rough going forward. Also they are slowly rolling this stuff out.

Taking it a step further, this may be the most complex game on the market. Take any mmo out there... any... Can you build 2500 feet high, build a submarine and go 1000 feet under water, build custom bases nearly anywhere you want, paint it, fill it with exotic animals and paint them also?

Then add the 100s of other interactions.. Custom design a ship, pvp, voice chat, grapple like spiderman, shoot cannons, set things on fire, build an economy, dig for water, climb a mountain, poop on command, raise crops.. the list could fill an entire thread-page... and this all being done in real time on a global scale.. many games have pieces of this, NONE have them all

It's actually pretty amazing they made it this far.