Wardster

Getting the In Game Map to Work - Hosted Server

If you are in the server manager and go to File Manager of your game directory on the server

Step 1

If it does not Exist

Create a new Folder in the ShooterGame folder called ServerGrid

Step 2

Within this folder take the export from the ServerGrid map editor downloaded from the grapeshot games wiki

Step 3

Name it in the following Format

CellImg_X-X.jpg

Replace the X-X with the corresponding grid coordinates

If it is a single server cluster map the images would be named accordingly

A1 Map - CellImg_0-0.jpg

If you had more than 1 server in a cluster then name accordingly

A1 - CellImg_0-0.jpg

A2 - CellImg_0-1.jpg

B1 - CellImg_1-0.jpg

B2 - CellImg_1-1.jpg

Step 4

Upload these jpeg images to your server and the map should show after a reboot (this will show grey when you are browsing servers until you discover the map, once you have discovered the map then this will be uncovered)

So name the files exactly this? or just the CellImg_0-0.jpg part? Neither is working for us...

A1 - CellImg_0-0.jpg

A2 - CellImg_0-1.jpg

B1 - CellImg_1-0.jpg

B2 - CellImg_1-1.jpg

The latest server grid editor exports the images in the correct format. 

In my experience if your in game map is still not working... its due to port issues. 

When I used the ServerGridEditor, I created two images. CellImg_0-0.jpg and MapImg.jpg. I renamed CellImg_0-0.jpg to A1 Map - CellImg_0.0.jpg. What do I do with MapImg.jpg?

@WarchildHeresy

Dont Rename the Images that are in the servergrid folder!! leave them be. 

put the map files in \ShooterGame\ and named the map ServerGrid.jpg. I tried re-exporting and exporting a zoom map and nothing is working. I also cleared the URL entries.

Go to \Shootergame\ here you put 2 JSON files and 1 map named servergrid.
Go to the Servergrid.JSON and you will see 2 lines like this:
  "MetaWorldURL": "",
  "MapImageURL": "",

But between the "" is a URL. remove the URL and leave it empty like above.. then the minimap should work.

there are alot of topic about this.. and there is even a search function on this forum.

Edited by jeppekroezen

That didnt work for us we literally mad a webserver host them exactly like the game wanted it and works except for the death map is blank and the atlas world map itself is blank but ingame map is now working,.

1 hour ago, Securi Prime said:

When I used the ServerGridEditor, I created two images. CellImg_0-0.jpg and MapImg.jpg. I renamed CellImg_0-0.jpg to A1 Map - CellImg_0.0.jpg. What do I do with MapImg.jpg?

It seems to work with only A1 Map - CellImg_0.0.jpg.

You should not have to rename it, like the others said just export it and upload to EVERY server in your cluster. I'm hosting  my 2x2 grid for example with Nitrado and I had also to update those files to the Mainserver and also to every  "Expansion Server". I even hat to create the folder "ServerGrid" by myself.

UPDATE: I had also copy the MapImg.jpg to MapImg_small.jpg and uploading to the server, otherwise the map was stil sometimes gray/BLACK.

2019-01-03 09_00_46-ServerGrid - Privat_ATLAS A1 - WinSCP.png

Edited by Buccaneers
  • Confused 1

The fastest, simplest and works out of the box solution is to host the map images on a web server. Just remember to reboot the server after you have updated the Json files.

What do you mean expansion server? And what do you mean upload to every server in the cluster? Can you go into detail? The map works when it wants to right now and its the best we got since using the webhost option. Im just so disappointed at the decisions made for this server lol

12 hours ago, WarchildHeresy said:

What do you mean expansion server? And what do you mean upload to every server in the cluster? Can you go into detail? The map works when it wants to right now and its the best we got since using the webhost option. Im just so disappointed at the decisions made for this server lol

Sorry I talked about Nitrado Hosting. They use the word "Expansion Server" [1] for additional Servers (e.g. for a 2x2 grid with 4 server you have 1 mainserver and 3 Expansion Server). Nitrado has the bug (or missing features) that you can upload the map images to your main server, but they do not distribute them to the other servers, thats why you have to upload them manual to every server on your grid. I also found out that you have to create/copy the MapImg.jpg to MapImg_small.jpg that the map working ingame to 100% (otherweise when you zoomed out of the ingame map, the map was displayed as "grey fog").

[1] https://wiki.nitrado.net/en/Setting_up_an_Atlas_Nitrado_Server

Edited by Buccaneers
Added Link to the Server Config Stuff from Nitrado

On 1/3/2019 at 11:23 AM, Atlasprime said:

The latest server grid editor exports the images in the correct format. 

In my experience if your in game map is still not working... its due to port issues. 

Hi, how to fix the ports issue then?

On 1/7/2019 at 5:02 AM, whitestar said:
On 1/7/2019 at 5:02 AM, whitestar said:

Hi, how to fix the ports issue then?

How is the server hosted. Private box or provider?