MunchATG

Whats going on?

Complete silence from the devs, still major lag everywhere and no minor bug fixes in nearly a month. Have grapeshot given up completely on this game now or are they working on something behind the scenes? I'm hoping the latter.

My guess is they're working behind the scenes on content that nobody wants, asked for, nor suggested, to which they'll claim will make the game better....Look at taking down the NA PvE server....nobody wanted it down... nobody suggested forcing all the NA players to connect to European servers...yet they did it anyway...why? They figured it'd make the game better. What I really hope they're doing is working on already existing issues that need fixing...fix what they already have before adding new stuff to break things even further.

While that really would be nice, I have the horrible feeling that they will be working with the motto, let's fix it worse than it was before! I do enjoy this game and was so hopeful that the new devs would make it and not breake it but it looks like my hopes are misguided. Such a shame

All the Dev team need to do to restore at least a inch of trust in this game is provide the community with regular weekly updates. Silence just shows their lack of action.

Just a little transparency. Like we know X is broke, we are doing X to try and resolve it.

We heard you with regard to how X works, we are looking at doing something else...

Its been in early access for nearly 2 years and is worse now than when it was back then. And considering all the new players that turned up at launch of this "season", the lag fest in servers, no where to build due to overcrowding etc. Now there is hardly anyone around. Wonder why..

Lol, don't worry, mateys. The next few months are going to be just like the last few months. They will shift a few .ini digits around, create a few more bugs, maybe swap some desert southwest zones in next to north-northeast polar regions and boost barrels and submarines. All the while, they will not do us the simple favor of keeping in contact with us. I just checked the staff activity around here. The new PR Team first introduced themselves in June. Their last message was, you guessed it: June. Dollie hasn't been seen this year.

From a business perspective, if you were the manager of this team and you were responsible for handing out the checks, 11/10 people would fire the entire staff. These guys are making, what?, 50-80k a year? Idk the going rate, just a guess. Can you imagine forking over that much loot per team member and when you ask what they've accomplished, they show you 2 new structures and a smaller map that has east stuff on the west side and west stuff on the north side? And then, just out of curiosity, you spend literally 5 minutes going through social media to find a player base that is pissed off, leaving in droves and making sure to tell potential new customers to not waste their time on your game. And to top it all off, you come to find out that modders, in their free time being paid $0, are outpacing your team of professionals in content produced.

If this was my business and I was responsible for the bottom line, I would lose my fucking mind. The whole team would get wiped and replaced.

But that isn't happening. So there's only one explanation: Grapeshot is not a game developer like Wildcard is. It is a money laundering/drug running shell company. It's the only explanation that makes any sense.

Within the next year, the DEA is going to have a massive raid on Grapeshot HQ and find a literal mountain of pure-grade cocaine and heroine that is being distributed to small time gangbangers throughout the Pacific Northwest (the Antarctic Northsouth in Grapeshot terminology).

Screencap this post.

• Haha 1

I wish they would at least say to us - how many ppl working on the game, and how do they do in those hard pandemic times. Because for me it looks like 2.5 ppl working on the game on a leftover basis. Maybe they do ARK basically or even some side projects, and from time to time open Atlas project for couple of hours, do something with totally no enthusiasm, and then close it for next days, or even weeks...

• Like 1

Oh dear, proving what many of us already knew. I just wish some top devs had this game under their control instead of amateurs, we would see a much better game than we've got.  Not played it in a couple of months and don't intend to but it's so sad to see it going downhill when it could be a very good pirate game.

They've never listened to the community to gain any direction on how the game should be, it's not them playing it it's us the community, our voices should matter in the development. Frustrating as I want this game to be a success but it will never be that even at full launch not that I think it will get to that stage.  I don't this this game can survive under the current devs which is unfortunate,

• Like 1

Agree. I keep popping back in hope the devs revert everything to the original system and go from there. I think a great example  of them not taking feedback in was the claim system. It was broken,  one person could place as many as they wanted and the community as a whole said, just limit it. Instead they wiped and  completely revamped it to some lord and tenant system that no one ever asked for. Not saying it was the main reason, but it definitely turned a ton of people off.

It just overall feels like the dev weren't sure what a pirate survival game should be, even though you can't go wrong with the pirate theme. I mean i couldn't even make my ship my main home and just stay out on the sea traveling from place to place.....like a pirate.

Games gone in the direct of Dark and Light. Amazing game that could do amazingly well, but falls flat due to devs not sure where they're going with it and just abandon it

11 hours ago, Herasea said:

Games gone in the direct of Dark and Light. Amazing game that could do amazingly well, but falls flat due to devs not sure where they're going with it and just abandon it

Not really, they where/are workig on Genesis II (ARK). When this rolls out, Christmas 2023 ish, they will look if there is still live in ATLAS community worth saving, or D&L. I still feel we all payed for the first part of Genesis with buying ATLAS tho.

On 10/16/2020 at 4:57 AM, MunchATG said:

Complete silence from the devs

If I only had a gold for every time I read this in a post... I could buy a ship and get out of this worthless sloop.

Sadly, people have been saying this for a long time.

• Like 1

The trouble is they are always working on ark. Sometimes I think Atlas is gonna go back as an ark dlc, like it was originally.

If only they could think of atlas as a ark dlc, so maybe they would put in the effort to get the moniesssssssssssssssssss

Edited by eeeceee