Sign in to follow this  
RedXStrike

Starting from scratch just isn't fun. Game needs some safety net persistence.

This game could really benefit from having some amount of persistence after death. To lose everything in the punishing early access waters filled with bugs is just getting to be too much. Yes, I realize a bed should work - but too often it can be lost. Started my night with my raft, bed, and all my mats destroyed and my character dead for reasons I can only guess - although nothing suggested seems to have been the case. I spend hours redoing everything to end my night as a lvl 13 being corpse guarded at my raft by a lvl 2 croc that aggrod me from across the map that can 1 or 2 shot me and I can't scratch - something that wasn't the case the night before (again, I'm lvl 13, and it was lvl 2...).

At this point, the game would benefit from having some persistence. I think the ability for your things (like materials / tools / clothes) to revert back to a Freeport bank would be great. Give a safe harbor to relaunch your raft.

Because the initial collection is such an abhorrently slow mess - and you're subjected to it from just about every punishing angle the game throws at you (fair or not - like bugs). I feel like the game doesn't want you to play it. Which is a shame since it's intriguing. But the progression is so horrendously slow in its current form, creating some persistence and safety net with death is better than starting over with only your skills (which have minimal impact on the progression speed anyways - and currently don't seem to have any impact on your ability to even fight).

Edited by RedXStrike

I would suggest to join a company, it gives you a safe haven most of the time.. 

Don't get to attached your items in-game.. that's not how atlas works really, especially not on the pvp server.

You will build up levels and skills points that are very important. And experience in doing things like sailing a ship can be very important later on.

The initiated collection isn't that bad to be honest if you know how to do it.

I can get from scratch to metal tools pretty quickly..  a raft is also very fast to make.

Finding a nice group/company was the hardest for me.