Jeheil

No Justice

So your clan gets disbanded and all players (160) are suspended, indefinatelty for alleged exploits.

We get no explanation of why. Who did what ?

You are tarnished and cannot play the game you have so much time in and fun with a great bunch of folks.

No explanation of how long the suspension is.

You raise a ticket, it auto closes with "solved" upon submit.

Then if you post on a forum your post gets locked with a use the ticket system.

Lots of folks will laugh, with a mouth full of piss and vinegar ha ha you cheated you got what you deserved.

No, I didn't, maybe someone in the 160 did (across four clans), but I don't know who or what they did.

No Justice. Bad Customer Service. Provide an explanation. Thats 160 people who paid to participate in EA that you kicked without explanation. Even if one (or more) broke the rules, you should say what they did so a) people know and can accept / argue their ban and b) of perhaps more improtance, others can know what NOT to do !!

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well they are gonna have to refine the banning system down to individual players if they want atlas to be a true MMO, I had someone in my company many months ago who wasn't playing fairly so I kicked him out. And I found out from someone else that if I didn't they would ban us all. I would have booted him out anyway though.

Hate to see 160 gone, but some peeps gotta cheat. Likely the leadership, or enough people doing it often enough to get flagged repeatedly.

However, deff happy to see 1 less mega clan floating around. 160 people you said? Fucks sakes man. 

I hope the non cheaters come back and form smaller companies. 

unfortunate there are folks that are collateral damage in this process. But what else can the dev's do? Megas and their continued abuse of exploits has pretty much ruined the game for everyone. Yes, Dev's should fix the game so it doesn't happen, but players also have to take responsibility in the longevity of a game.

Hopefully next they go after companies that are using Ship/player trackers.

Hey the people who you and your scumbag buddies cheated on had done nothing wrong, but for some reason they got fucked over by a bunch of cheating fucktards.

And it speaks volumes that you come to complain about your own ill gotten gains being taken away before acknowledging your wrongdoings towards them.

Maybe next time you will learn not to associate with cheaters!

This is how they did it in ARK since forever. They literally have never put in any kind of cohesive tracking system of any kind. They somehow ascertain that cheating occured, and rather than having the ability to to identify the actual offenders, they have always taken the stance of "Well you should know and trust the people you let into your group" and ban everyone indiscriminately.

Like... For some reason... They cant take a peek at realitytown and see you have bad apples amongst all of your lawyers, politicians, doctors, police, military, or even game designers that fuck up and make everyone else look bad, you dont get beneficial results by mass banning/punishing people because of the action of 1-2.

It's pure laziness which is deeply rooted in Wildcard/Grapeshot since 2015. I dont know why anyone ever expected anything to ever be any different here. 

On 10/9/2020 at 6:50 AM, user1 said:

Hey the people who you and your scumbag buddies cheated on had done nothing wrong, but for some reason they got fucked over by a bunch of cheating fucktards.

And it speaks volumes that you come to complain about your own ill gotten gains being taken away before acknowledging your wrongdoings towards them.

On 10/9/2020 at 2:35 PM, Inigo said:

This is how they did it in ARK since forever. They literally have never put in any kind of cohesive tracking system of any kind. They somehow ascertain that cheating occured, and rather than having the ability to to identify the actual offenders, they have always taken the stance of "Well you should know and trust the people you let into your group" and ban everyone indiscriminately.

Like... For some reason... They cant take a peek at realitytown and see you have bad apples amongst all of your lawyers, politicians, doctors, police, military, or even game designers that fuck up and make everyone else look bad, you dont get beneficial results by mass banning/punishing people because of the action of 1-2.

It's pure laziness which is deeply rooted in Wildcard/Grapeshot since 2015. I dont know why anyone ever expected anything to ever be any different here. 

The tribe rule was anyone caught cheating would be kicked from the company. the problem with bh being banned is that nobody was cheating the devs are just being paid by people who play the game

On 10/9/2020 at 11:50 PM, user1 said:

You say you don't play the game. so how the fuck would you know? Wow. USA A OK?

14 hours ago, PARKBENCH said:

The tribe rule was anyone caught cheating would be kicked from the company. the problem with bh being banned is that nobody was cheating the devs are just being paid by people who play the game

hah paid...

"He who sleeps with dogs wakes up with fleas"  unknown.

Problems like this might be less of a problem if people start forming tighter, more close nit groups instead of relying on zergs to carry the day.

The US Military Academy at West Point has an Honor system which mandates that if you are aware of another cadet cheating, you are Honor bound to report them.

Perhaps the gaming community as a whole would be better if more players adopted a similar outlook.

my 2 cents.

Edited by Ktorr
  • Like 1

Well for some people gaming is literally about winning at any cost, if I want to use cheat codes for any reason I play single player. But as for reporting a player without giving them a chance to quit cheating and leave the company?  then no. I would always approach the individual first to give them the option of stopping or owning up. I am not a fan of mob rule, to me that's a lazy way of leading, the company owner/leader should be strong enough to investigate and deal with problems. But either way, cheating in a pvp game is plain wrong.

Agree. If a member of a company is known to be cheating, the Leader of that company should be held responsible for confronting that player and either requiring him to stop or booting him should he refuse to do so, else that player damage the company as a whole should he be caught.   If the company leader does not accept this responsibility to his honorable  members, he shares in the responsibility for what ever happens.

And if other members of said company are aware of one of theirs cheating, they also have the responsibility of reporting this to their Company Leader so that he is aware.  And if they don't, then they  also share responsibility for whatever happens.

It's the "win at any cost" attitude that destroys most games.

Edited by Ktorr

I understand the comments about if someone is cheating there has to be consequneces and indeed that there may be collateral damage or its the leadershps job to weed them out. I can see elements of this being valid.

I have never cheated (knowingly) now you don't need to believe that. I would say that is true for the majorit of the 160 who are suspended without any timeline.

The failure in justice is....I don' know WHY and I don't know HOW LONG for.

To be punsihed without reason or without clarity as to how long for is the work of Tyranny.

• Like 2

Well the problem is Atlas has already taken your money for the game so they lose nothing at all if you don't play. WOW for instance will at least allow an appeal, due to the fact that you pay monthly. So banning people all over the shop will just lose them money in the end.

The only way anyone gets banned for cheating in Atlas is if the cheating was recorded, posted and has gone viral (in the Atlas community... or mainly on Atlas Reddit). I.e., the cheating has to be so obvious that not responding to it would be a PR problem.

The fact that they always do company-wide bans tells me that they don't really have any internal means of identifying cheating such as log parsing, for example. So they can't determine who did precisely what and when. Honestly, I suspect that the decision to ban is based 100% on the evidence viewed by the general public.

Edited by Kast

This is not how you treat customers, I get it people may have cheated or exploited and you re residing on a different island you deserve at least by the Devs a response. The Devs should have contacted the leader of the companies and approached them with information so he/she has a few days to figure things out. If someone meshes things under a rock and you have no idea of its placement as a leader, or a member of that tribe how is this your fault as a paying customer. One thing to ban those players its another thing to ban someone for not cheating.

I personally stopped playing Offical due to people actually using aimbots, this was a long time ago before the new system was in, yet those players never got banned.

Fix the bugs first to stop exploits or cheating then maybe you will have a community. I still think the OP has a very valid issue.

Wait for the game to go on sale, @Jeheil Last i think i saw was less then 16 bucks USD.

• Like 1

I agree! I was banned too with no explanation. I have submitted a ticket, nothing. No proof I cheated, no response at all. I just want to play the game. I can't control what other people in a huge company do! 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 8:36 AM, Chucksteak said:

Hate to see 160 gone, but some peeps gotta cheat. Likely the leadership, or enough people doing it often enough to get flagged repeatedly.

However, deff happy to see 1 less mega clan floating around. 160 people you said? Fucks sakes man. 

I hope the non cheaters come back and form smaller companies. 

Unfortunately even those of us who were not cheating or didnt know about it were banned too! Daily dedicated players who loved the game, Globally banned, HORRIBLE! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ma1ne event said:

Unfortunately even those of us who were not cheating or didnt know about it were banned too! Daily dedicated players who loved the game, Globally banned, HORRIBLE! 

That certainly does suck. I can show you the logic train, but it prolly wont make you feel better.

Said company members cheat. Therefore the company is able to get an island possibly due to the assistance of team members cheating.

With the secure island, further secured by some cheaters, your company likely enjoyed safer harbors, allowing you to have better levels ships for longer. Thus further advancing your combat wins. 

Possibly some good gear and/or BPs were gained from your defeated foes. Giving your company members better access to better gear. Also helped by some cheaters never missing shots, and knowing where everything is magically. 

So, say 5 of your players cheated. Well 155 other people benefitted greatly as the unfair advantage stacks multiply with every ill gotten win. 

I know I dont have a team mate cheating to help me out as I'm a solo, but I can see how much easier it would be if I did.

So you didnt cheat, but you certainly gained from it in a way that can only be balanced at this time with a wipe.

It's far less labor and more balanced for the rest of the player base to ban the company.

• Thanks 1

imagine getting infiltrated by an enemy clan who starts cheating and gets your whole clan banned xD 

• Thanks 1

The enemy clan would be banned too though wouldn't they? so there would be no point. Unless they all had 2 accounts.

8 hours ago, SpaceApe said:

imagine getting infiltrated by an enemy clan who starts cheating and gets your whole clan banned xD 

Imagine someone selling you a bike. And a couple days later the cops are showing up at your house, arresting you for fencing.

You team up with cheaters, you become a cheater.

And you shall be treated as such.

Cling together, swing together!

Apparently, according to how they handle things, all you need is one enemy on a second account to infiltrate and start cheating. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Meanwhile.........................................................................

Hah

Edited by eeeceee