Sign in to follow this  
Ghost Pirate LeChuck

Cyclones

Why?

They are dumb. They are not realistic at all. I don't mind the wind changes making it a bit more difficult in a storm that's fine but the cyclones just annoy everyone.

They spawn in front of you everywhere you turn and act like homing missiles. Avoid one another will spawn in front of you, avoid that, rinse and repeat.

I was anchored at port and raised anchor, instantly cyclones spawned all around me. Dropped anchor again they went away. Sea looked rough but no cyclones, raised anchor. Instantly surrounded by spawning cyclones.

If they HAVE TO BE in the game make them behave like real cyclones. 

• Like 2

always look behind your ship in a storm  and they spawn behind your ship and not infront  well most of the time 

IMAO - storm should not be global. It should be a single local spot on the grid slowly moving thru. Sometimes it's deadly tornado in the center. And the only goal for players and NPC will be to avoid the zone at all costs. Or if you accidently got in, to, then, escape out.

Huge waves should damage planks. If you stay wrong angle - waves can overturn your vessel. Strong wind - do some damage to full sails. Lightning should also damage masts. And tornado just destroy your ship, crew and you with debris.

That's how it should work. And... well there should be some rewards for storm avoidance, storm escape and really unique rewards for survive tornado : ))

mlkDGtg.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 9:33 AM, SaS_Bud said:

always look behind your ship in a storm  and they spawn behind your ship and not infront  well most of the time 

Always spawn in front. If they spawned behind I wouldnt care. 

• Like 1

I have to agree with this how do the devs expect us to be at sea more when every time I get ready to go there is between 15 to 20 cyclones dropping .

I agree and would like to know the person that turned these up, they definitely don't play the game!  Never fails I pull up anchor and its starts raining then the cyclones, 10 at a time with no where to go. drop anchor and its a nice day again.  Its like they don't want you to play the game.  Then you go out to fight ship of the damed and its fog, they see you but you can't see them.  You kill one and can't find the box do to the fog. Its fricking nuts! 

That day in season 3 when we changed a ommon gally to mystical and drive out the hrbor. Instand cyclones and barely managed to avoid sinking the ship in our own traps.(Pvp). Reaching the ally harbor to park ship for tommorow fight and while driving into their traps and waiting for gate opening next cyclones and thanks to the ally we got some planks more and bucket the ship alive into the harbor.

I totaly agree if there would be huge storms you could try to avoid or had to fight about your ship if you get inside. But this amount of cyclones is stupid and even loocking back is not working safe. I never had the time to measure how long one storm takes but i think it's minimum 5 minutes. Well learned and traveling at the sector borders  and just change if a storm happens.

On 9/27/2020 at 1:45 AM, George Catcher said:

IMAO - storm should not be global. It should be a single local spot on the grid slowly moving thru. Sometimes it's deadly tornado in the center. And the only goal for players and NPC will be to avoid the zone at all costs. Or if you accidently got in, to, then, escape out.

Huge waves should damage planks. If you stay wrong angle - waves can overturn your vessel. Strong wind - do some damage to full sails. Lightning should also damage masts. And tornado just destroy your ship, crew and you with debris.

That's how it should work. And... well there should be some rewards for storm avoidance, storm escape and really unique rewards for survive tornado : ))

I like the idea of a single maelstrom that wanders the affected map and does serious damage, and is avoidable.  The number of cyclones is ridiculous.

Edited by Pattus
  • Like 1