Charlie Manx

Breeding bears

I am not good at all the logistics with breadi g bears but I am trying to bread a good Melee bear 1 bear is 210 melee another is 220 melee how can I get there melee higher and there level higher when babies are born any help would be great thanks everyone!

So you have a 55% chance the baby will be born with the higher stat.

Levels naturally increase as their stats do (since stats are equivilent to levels). However, this only applies to "wild levels". If those bears have "tame levels" in melee, those points will not transfer, it will be the base melee that transfers. You could potentially have a base melee of say 185 (16 points) in both and the bear would come out with a 185 melee. (A 185m and 176f could have either 185, 176)

Side note: Stat increases from imprints also do not transfer.

Now if the 210 (think a base at that point would be a 211, so you might have points in there..) and the 220 do not produce a 211 or 220 melee it would be an easy indication of a different melee base (again might take a few breedings to determine). Best way to check this without breeding would be to find a calculator that can determine the base stats.

Edited by Gindorf
  • Like 1

Its possible it was, its also possible its not... Theres a whole nother grind which involves mutations... i know when i quit my base melee was 220 (4 mutations off of a 185 unmutated bear).. but if imprinted thats a ~265 melee

Its easy to see. The % of imprint is shown in the bears stats so if you have 0% imprint then yeah that bear has a base 220 melee, but if it is 100% imprinted then its going to be lower probably around 185 or 190 base stat area.

If the bear has been levelled and the birth stats weren't recorded somewhere like in a folder then when you breed you may see lower stats and it may take a few breeds to find the rue stats. 

A main reason I always record base stats in folders before imprint.

• Like 1