Sign in to follow this  
CroNickRanger

Ships don't decay

On day one my wife and I started on separate freeports so we couldn't join each others company's. Once we caught up with each other I had her join my company. She didn't merge company's so her first ship is still sitting there and not decaying. It is in front of our base and won't go away. It has had 1957 HP the entire time. We are not up keeping it and waiting for it to go away is not working. How do we get rid of her abandoned ship? No one owns it and we cant kill it. It has been over a month since it was left with no owner. Why did my day one ship sink it's self after a day but hers is still there with no sailors or supply's?

The ships health isn't related to its decay rate in this way. If the ship was damaged it would sink but as it is anchored it cant take damage.

The only way for this ship to go is for it to de-spawn. The only way for this to happen is if no one boards it or interacts with it.

I forget the timer exactly but its somewhere around a month I think. In that time NO ONE must board it. So if your offline and a visitor decides to be nosy and jumps aboard the timer will reset.. It can be a pain.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 8:57 PM, CroNickRanger said:

On day one my wife and I started on separate freeports so we couldn't join each others company's. Once we caught up with each other I had her join my company. She didn't merge company's so her first ship is still sitting there and not decaying. It is in front of our base and won't go away. It has had 1957 HP the entire time. We are not up keeping it and waiting for it to go away is not working. How do we get rid of her abandoned ship? No one owns it and we cant kill it. It has been over a month since it was left with no owner. Why did my day one ship sink it's self after a day but hers is still there with no sailors or supply's?

First, dont step on the deck, never, it resets the ~21 dayish decay timer. If you think, someone else messing with you and keep boarding that ship once in 1-2 weeks, then try to build a wall around the ship to prevent that action/trolling. After around 2-3 weeks the ship will despawn if none touches it.

But, of course, first check your server settings.

- If youre on official, the decay timer is around 2-3 weeks.

- If youre on unofficial, then there is a chance, that decay system is disabled or the timer is modified. Ask the owner of the server about this, or if she/he is an active player, ask him to help destroy your ship with console commands (probably there is command for deleting something, or a command for adding exiting ships to your company, so you can destroy it by yourself).

- If youre playing in local host, then the host probably can use those console commands too.

• Like 1