Bigdog73a

Note use

so ar one base they had a cool set up. But a note from shop corresponding note name to an animal pen.

Note 3 = animal in pen 3.

Throw it on the ground to read and get a pin number to unlock and claim animal.

Im trying to duplicate this and dont seem to be able too.

I can write a note. But not name or title it like they did. And it shows the note content just looking at it without buying and tossing on the ground.

This was a great set up in my opinion and would love to duplicate it.

I've been trying to do the same thing, but I can't replicate it.

When you look at the note in any inventory, the only thing you see is the bottom of the note that says (for example) "Lot 3" - which indicates what lot you are buying (in my case, it was a bear).  So if you buy the note from a shop you only see the part at the bottom. Regardless of what inventory you have the note in, you can't see the top.  The only way you can see the top is when you throw it on the ground and look at it.  Then my note said: "PIN xxxx" (where the xxxx was the PIN for the room where my bear was that I'd bought when I paid for the note).  I went to the room labelled "Lot 3", keyed in the PIN and claimed my bear.

Very cool way to buy animals unattended.

But I haven't been able to do it myself yet...

On 9/24/2020 at 8:10 PM, Bigdog73a said:

Exactly and i havent been able to replicate it either.

Okay, so I finally figured it out, tried it and it seems to work.  Follow these steps and you should get the same results - let me know.

1)  craft a note

2) put the PIN in the first line (for example: "PIN: xxxx")

3) press <enter> a whole bunch of times - I pressed 100 times - and that's so that regardless of how far down on the screen you look at the note, you'll only see the bottom, not the top

4) then type whatever info you want to identify what door to enter the PIN in (for example: "Room 3")

5) (this is the secret) -> press <enter> five or so times, then save the note.

Apparently when you add spaces below the bottom line, it only shows the bottom part of the note. The only way you can see the PIN is to drop the note, then look at it. if you pick it up again you can still only see the bottom!  

(takes a bow - lol) - LoJack

Edited by LoJack

5 hours ago, LoJack said:

The only way you can see the PIN is to drop the note

No its not! That note can be fully viewed very easy. Never sell anything valueable with this method.

2 hours ago, Kummba said:

No its not! That note can be fully viewed very easy. Never sell anything valueable with this method.

Okay, I might have to reconsider, but I haven't been able to view it. How do you view the whole note? And do you have a way to make it so you can't see it?

21 hours ago, LoJack said:

Okay, I might have to reconsider, but I haven't been able to view it. How do you view the whole note? And do you have a way to make it so you can't see it?

I wont tell how to do it, many people are using that method, and i dont want them to get robbed.
I dont know what you can do against it. 😞

6 hours ago, Kummba said:

I wont tell how to do it, many people are using that method, and i dont want them to get robbed.
I dont know what you can do against it. 😞

Well, ok, I guess.  I didn't think there was a way to see the note.  

When you say many people are using that method, did you mean the method of writing the note the way I said?  Because I don't want them to get robbed either. 

Thanks for the input.

15 hours ago, LoJack said:

Well, ok, I guess.  I didn't think there was a way to see the note.  

When you say many people are using that method, did you mean the method of writing the note the way I said?  Because I don't want them to get robbed either. 

Thanks for the input.

Yes many people sell (or try to sell) like that. Some got emptied, at least last season.

Oh wow i guess if they figure out how to scroll down huh. Well it sure was a good way to make use of the note i guess accept that of course. Oh well. Thanks guys!