StormLegion828

Building a Schooner

I've built tons of schooners in the past and have never had this problem before.
Maybe I've simply missed something in a patch or I've made a rookie mistake and just don't see it.

My schooner is almost complete. But I can't complete it like I used to.

It will not allow me to place a large, or medium sails on the ship now. Only small sails.
Is this due to a patch I didn't read, or have I done something wrong?

Any help is appreciated 😅

Finally got some company members online and we figured out the problem!

(USER ERROR ID: ID01T)
POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS: Uninstall, Sell computer, never play games again.

I hope this is just a glitch, my galleon is sailing so slow at the moment, that i'm building a new schooner for faster runs. And I always do the sails last.

The servers I play on use NytDragon's AS Ships mod (which I highly recommend). There is a bug right now that occurs only with his base AS Sloop variant where the sail allocation is only 1.7 points, thus allowing only one small sail. He is aware and said it will get fixed in next update, and explained it as "float math problem from the engine." So, assuming he is correct, I suppose it is possible that the 'engine problem' that is causing that with that modded asset is showing up with vanilla assets to some extent.

On the topic of Schooners: there is an "Explorer" class of schooner in that mod. Has reduced weight allowance and probably a bit of nerf in other stats too. But . . . it has 8.4 sail points! Two large speed sails and one large handling sail is a literal dream boat, if all you want to do is sail around fast and agile and with enough room for a couple bears.