Sign in to follow this  
TurpentineCrow

How about doing something about shield bash?

On 9/10/2020 at 5:03 PM, Acemac said:

So make a shield 

"omg theres a plague spreading across the planet and its killing our children! what do!?!?"

"so kill your children first" - acemac logic

• Like 1

you are both wrong the right logic would be try not to get the plague.

if you don't want to get shield bashed stay away from guys with shields. this game in its current state is more about position then mechanics  

Edited by Acemac

So, you're saying that it's kind of like: if you're stuck in the middle of the jungle and you're afraid of being eaten by a tiger, just stay away from tigers? Got it.

Yep, being able to stun lock people should not be a thing.

The whole melee combat system needs to be reworked. It fells horrible and there are so many abusive mechanics in the melee system alone.

Please take some pointers from Mount and blade or Last Oasis. When looking for a good melee system.

you can escape a shield stun or any stun lock in the game if you know how. you just don't know how and i can see that from your perspective it's broken or OP.

10 hours ago, FrankR said:

you can escape a shield stun or any stun lock in the game if you know how. you just don't know how and i can see that from your perspective it's broken or OP.

What an outstandingly worthless post. If you arent going to provide the solution, dont got around like you know one.

Either be usefull or piss off.

The trouble is , every time someone complains about a mechanic being too powerful, we get the damage cut. I remember I used to use my sickle to fight cos it had more damage than the sword. But the devs sorted it out ok, now they are both equally useless !.

Once you're bashed, here's what you can do

1) Whip out a bola, and bola him

2) Quickly equip a glider as soon as you get bashed, and then glide away

Things you can do before:

- Drink ale (damage reduction buff)

- Nutrient buff

- Pudding ( damage reduction buff)

On 10/10/2020 at 6:20 PM, Chucksteak said:

What an outstandingly worthless post. If you arent going to provide the solution, dont got around like you know one.

Either be usefull or piss off.

??? You're so rude...

17 hours ago, FrankR said:

??? You're so rude...

Honestly, you deserved that and more. "It's not broken, you just don't know what I know. And I won't tell you." So, basically you're just here to stroke your ego.

And as Twiztedmike posted, you can throw a bola when stun-locked. So, in traditional Atlas fashion, the solution to a broken mechanic is to use another broken mechanic. No problems here.

I deserve to be told to piss off and more just because I told this one guy there are counters to shield bash? What?

Edited by FrankR

Lol chucknewb doesn't know how to avoid shield bash and demands to know how because he gets angry

Edited by eeeceee