Ankylos

Stuck inside a mountain in F9

I am stuck inside a mountain on cracked rock in F9. I went into what I thought was a cave to kill a tiger. Killed the tiger. Turned around to go out and a wall appeared in front of me. I really do not want to lose the bear. Need a dev to pop the bear out and fix the freaking mountain. R7ot7V2.png

UvgAaA0.png

I fed a stuck bear for six weeks once and he finally got loose and I was so happy and then they wiped the servers. I hope this helps.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ankylos said:

I am stuck inside a mountain on cracked rock in F9. I went into what I thought was a cave to kill a tiger. Killed the tiger. Turned around to go out and a wall appeared in front of me. I really do not want to lose the bear. Need a dev to pop the bear out and fix the freaking mountain. 

You can try one thing:

1. first, build a very small 2x2 "pen" near your bear. Not so close, but still in "render distance". Make sure, the path between the pen and your bear is empty and safe.

2. Tame fast a pig, ride it, go to your bear, whistle a neutral stance then a "follow me" command - (youre still riding the pig) -, so your bear will follow the pig.

3. Go to the pen with your pig, and store it there. Make sure, its safe, you can even build a wall around him everywhere.

Your bear will start following your pig, but because of this bug, it will/it can not move. Yet. But, if youre and everyone else log out around the bear, next time (or next next time) when someone is around or loging in the server maybe(!) will render your bear first (or faster) then the rock, so it can move and run to your pig before the glitchy rock reappears.

In PVE servers this method works too when you claim an animal inside someones base: the claim timer of animals are 8 days, the buildings are 10 days, so if you grabbed someones tames inside their walls, still you have to wait 2 days until you can move them out from that base/location - unless you use this "follow through" strategy, which is ofcourse an another glitch from the game, so be careful. 🙂

Im not saying this will work 100% in this case, but worth a try.

• Like 1

die, go back there, whistle follow from outside the cave?  Sometimes if you build up with thatch floors you can raise him out too if you can find an exit.  Saved a lion that way, took all day though

If its in a hole in the ground or completely sorrounded by terrain then whacking the bear w a spyglass wont work.

From what i can see it appears its head/ shoulders are glitched into the terrain. If so try to ride, dismount between the bear and the terrain, go to first person, equip a spyglass into your hand and whack the Bear a bunch w the spyglass. Hopefully this will dislodge it.

GL