Sign in to follow this  
Guest William

Movement and strange in animals

Guest William

Forgive me if something is wrong, because I'm using google translator.

First, I loved the idea of the game and had a lot of fun exploring and building. However, some things bother me a lot in the game, like the behavior of animals on the islands and in the sea.
I would like to list here some strange behaviors that take you out of the game immersion.

1. Animals of different species are crowded. For example, 5 different types of animals are walking close to each other, aimlessly in a short space of land, without a flock or pack. It looks like they were thrown there on the ground anyway.

2. The same behavior of animals, applies to other enemies, such as elemental beings and so on. Everyone gets too close and in large quantities. This order does not make much sense.

3. The animals keep hitting their heads on the rocks, trying to break through walls and making giant leaps. The artificial intelligence of animals has much to improve.

These problems have bothered me a lot, as well as other people who play with me. I hope I can help by giving my opinion.

Guest Wyano

Same opinion here, animals look unatural.
The more realistic the animal behavior is, more immersive and more fun is going to be.

Here is a tell tell for me, I'm on the beach I fast see a lion and it's a mile away I fast look away and I'm fine. But in my experience and experiments I have done that same thing and stared in the direction of the lions and then they aggro finally on me much like the cyclones do if your looking they appear. They do have animals too bunched up though and some predictors should at minimum have a hostility towards other types of predictors. Example: a cobra should attach a tiger/lion but the lion runs from it. There is no way a cobra and a tiger would both come at you as a team it's laughable everything I see this. But, I think this dev crew was left a mess to clean up.