Sign in to follow this  
MightyMonte88

Wonder how many will leave this time

Steam is already reporting some pretty low numbers. Although steam can't track people who have atlas outside of steam, but it's a good estimate for the playerbase.

On top of H hotkey still being broken from the "big map update", and warehouses still only work for some people, on some island. They really broke the game this time with the latest update, can't craft bows/ arrows and game crashes in skill tree menu, bravo guys you've really outdone yourself this time 🤣.

Just like back in season 1 when they made animals insta heal and almost 3 weeks for the hotfix numbers on steam went from 60k+ to just over 30k because you literally needed 4 people to take down a pig.

I believe this is finally RIP Atlas boys, these devs don't give a flying fuck.

• Like 2

Stopped playing about a month ago and just coming to the forums to see if they are actually trying to fix the game. Apparently not. So sad to see this game fail so hard. It has a ton of potential if it just had a Development team that would listen and focus on fixing problems rather than trying to balance PvP and add fluff to entice a few more people to purchase the game.

• Like 4

It's very disappointing.

As a new player (with just under 100 hours) I was absolutely in love with this game until the latest patch.

There is A LOT that is broken from the latest patch including my buddy losing 18 gun port planks for our Galleon because he dropped them to me and they "phased" out of the map.

We can't build a Galleon to continue on our journey because he can't place when building and he says he is running around but to me he stands in one spot and doesn't move and he can't access inventories or anything (this all happened after he levelled up in game).

I'm hoping these issues are rectified with some sense of urgency as I'd love to continue playing but it looks like I'll be playing solo because my friend has uninstalled the game.

I won't be playing until everything has been fixed but based upon what I've read in the forums it could be awhile as the developers seem to be lackadaisical in their approach to updating things that are broken.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 4:29 PM, Sydhart said:

It has a ton of potential if it just had a Development team that would listen and focus on fixing problems rather than trying to balance PvP and add fluff to entice a few more people to purchase the game.

How dare you, we got cats! and hats! 😛

• Haha 1

Left official about 5 weeks ago,  playing some SP till next wipe. Still having some hope the game will be fixed enough to play official PvE. Someday that is. 

1 Thing is for sure, this game has plenty of potential.

Such a waste seeing much of it being unused.  

• Like 1

i dont mean to hit you guys when you are down but i called this scam out about 10 months after release, it was just a matter of time.

also why the hell would you want to play this game when new world is around the corner?? havent you seen the streams??? that game is neat, the only thing it misses are boats but if it succeds you never know what they could implement in the future.

I play because of the awesome people you can find in PVE. I’ll give you an example. I was racing to a 8+ sunken treasure in my zippy fast schooner and a brig smashed into me which cut the air off to my wife who was diving down. I was like, “how rude!” Then the guy beats us down to the treasure and says “Have fun in Your rowboat”. I decided then that I needed this person as a friend so I decided to sail in front of him wherever he went. Which is easy in a “rowboat” that will do 19+ knots. So after 45 minutes of telling him we are a team and asking him are we there yet, we became brothers. In the end I learned that it was actually his treasure because he blew up the SODs to get it before I got there. How could I have known? So cheers to you, Dave Buckeye Company. My big brother and Atlas friend forever whether you like it or not.

• Like 2

Stopped playing weeks ago now, only log in to reset timer incase something unexpected comes along. When I first started this season it was 28 players on the server I am on, I log in this morning and it is 5 was 8 a few days ago.

If they really wanted Atlas to succeed they could easily take devs from Ark and stick them onto Atlas and focus on that until it is at a decent level then go back to splitting team. I gave the new devs a chance but knew it wouldn't turn out very well. They can't even be bothered to come onto the forums, their OFFICIAL forums. Think they are just going through the motions and know the game is dead which is why they won't do much with it.

Edited by DannyUK

2 hours ago, DannyUK said:

If they really wanted Atlas to succeed they could easily take devs from Ark and stick them onto Atlas and focus on that until it is at a decent level then go back to splitting team.

They're never going to take devs FROM Ark. Ark is their bread-and-butter, Atlas is just a side project. If anything, they may take devs from Atlas, like they did before.

• Like 1

See for yourselves, notice December on release 40k players which they wanted on a regular basis. Then they go and shoot themselves in the foot and leave Atlas to go back to Ark, look at the numbers they don't lie, the game is finished.

Steam chart for Atlas

On 9/7/2020 at 12:12 PM, Gomez Addams said:

I play because of the awesome people you can find in PVE. I’ll give you an example. I was racing to a 8+ sunken treasure in my zippy fast schooner and a brig smashed into me which cut the air off to my wife who was diving down. I was like, “how rude!” Then the guy beats us down to the treasure and says “Have fun in Your rowboat”. I decided then that I needed this person as a friend so I decided to sail in front of him wherever he went. Which is easy in a “rowboat” that will do 19+ knots. So after 45 minutes of telling him we are a team and asking him are we there yet, we became brothers. In the end I learned that it was actually his treasure because he blew up the SODs to get it before I got there. How could I have known? So cheers to you, Dave Buckeye Company. My big brother and Atlas friend forever whether you like it or not.

agreed , met some really nice people randomly , hell we're giving all our stuff to them and really hope to see them on the next map ,
Its encounters like that , which make official worth playing  , sadly its the bugs and lack of any support that also make it worth abandoning 😛

• Like 2