SusanT

Are you guys going bankrupt? Confirm please.

I have been told by a few people that have played games for years and years that companies that have actions and non actions like you guys are actually on the verge of bankrupt, I am not stating that this is factual this is only hearsay but, from a few good resources so I would like a confirmation.

With you guys not only putting pve on global servers and now capping the tames in a region not by company but by region that is showing you are dead on with putting pve players out of this game, you are losing a lot and are barely above the 60% of those that actually still state they like the game.

When companies make big changes like you guys have, it smells of failure if Wildcard hasn't totally washed their hands of this game I would suggest they do as it is, a sinking ship, what a waste.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eeeceee said:

So, you're new to video games?

Nah, ARKlogic hasnt reached the far, green mass yet.   

Game companies are all on the verge of bankruptcy.  Thats why a lot of games spring to life on Kickstarter.  MMO's are only survivable if they are popular.  So if you like Atlas, SUPPORT Atlas.  If you are 4000 hours into it and all you can do is badmouth then don't expect next time you log in that the public servers will be available, or the game itself.  They've basically shut down 80% of the servers by killing NAPVE and reducing the size of other grids by 1/4.

SUPPORT GAME COMPANIES  THEY ARE DYING ALL THE TIME.

It wouldn't surprise me to be honest, not that they would tell us. The funny thing is they could turn all this around and make a great game or even move it to a new engine for better updates but it comes down to either they have no money or incapable of understanding code or both.

I haven't played it for a couple of weeks now, don't plan to play it. I noticed on the server I am on when I used to log on in the morning there used to be around 28 players,  log in to reset timer on a morning and now I see 6. The game has been dying slowly for a long time, I'm actually surprised I pumped 1800hrs into it, i've had my fun with it but the fun has gone now.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, eeeceee said:

So, you're new to video games?

Probably more newer to video games than you are to being an a$$, that is a guess though.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pattus said:

Game companies are all on the verge of bankruptcy.  Thats why a lot of games spring to life on Kickstarter.  MMO's are only survivable if they are popular.  So if you like Atlas, SUPPORT Atlas.  If you are 4000 hours into it and all you can do is badmouth then don't expect next time you log in that the public servers will be available, or the game itself.  They've basically shut down 80% of the servers by killing NAPVE and reducing the size of other grids by 1/4.

Hard to support them if they do not return the favor of acknowledging their players, as far as the hours one has put into games is ones own time spent the way they wanted to spend it that being said, it should show some support IMO at 4k hours but one can only take bs for so long in any situation, I have supported Atlas myself up until the change of wiping us yet once again ( being lied to when they said they would not wipe again ) not crying just pointing out a blatant lie, I don't hide from them like so many others like to do nor, do I act like it didn't/doesn't happen maybe I am more compassionate about the people who actually play the game and who put in all of those hours, yeah, that is most likely the way my mind works.

Either way, I still have not gotten an answer to my question, only a smarta$$ reply that he never ever follows through with any explanation of what he means when he makes the simplistic statements ( not referring to you the poster, referring to the obvious one that only posts to have his numbers go up ).

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DannyUK said:

It wouldn't surprise me to be honest, not that they would tell us. The funny thing is they could turn all this around and make a great game or even move it to a new engine for better updates but it comes down to either they have no money or incapable of understanding code or both.

I haven't played it for a couple of weeks now, don't plan to play it. I noticed on the server I am on when I used to log on in the morning there used to be around 28 players,  log in to reset timer on a morning and now I see 6. The game has been dying slowly for a long time, I'm actually surprised I pumped 1800hrs into it, i've had my fun with it but the fun has gone now.

Yeah same here, I only log in for enough to update so it won't decay but, after my friend told me she couldn't even tame a monkey due to tame cap in G4 region that sort of put things into perspective more so than what it was meaning 1. A company is supposed to have a tame cap of 300 doesn't say you must share some of that tame cap with Tom, Dick and Harry!! . 2. They are eeking out pve playing even more  little at a time I don't think one can micromange taming, breeding and selling to be fair to other players in their region, it's just not possible, that is what the original 300 cap per company was supposed to do.

I too have noticed less players, the number I originally gave for the percentage of people hanging on is actually an old percentage according to a few of my friends.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pattus said:

I tried supporting grapeshot, they dropped the ball and since the literal fucking release of this game ( i played since day 1 pal) It has been the exact same as it is now, shotty updates with no real progress, this game was dead in the water day 1 and developers need to be held accountable for cash grabs and unfulfilled promises.

• Like 1

Atlas isn't even currently in the top 200 of top games played. The fucking cartoon pirate game, Sea of Thieves, is even in the top 100 games (#59). That's pretty terrible. Hell, Even Raft has more players and is sitting at #149 and it only has like 20 total hours of playable content right now but at least it has competent Developers and non-game breaking bugs. 

242. ATLAS 1,597   4,539 1,874,509

Source: https://steamcharts.com/top/p.10

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MightyMonte88 said:

I tried supporting grapeshot, they dropped the ball and since the literal fucking release of this game ( i played since day 1 pal) It has been the exact same as it is now, shotty updates with no real progress, this game was dead in the water day 1 and developers need to be held accountable for cash grabs and unfulfilled promises.

I was there at launch too, trying to find a spot, any spot to spawn only to be discoed after waking up in a freeport full of disco'ed bodies.  Spent the first 3 months PVP in the polar region where it was 'safe' dying every 5 minutes until you could make fur when paste and fiber were rare (lol), being eaten by the big bad wolfs.  Yah those were the days.  The game has made a lot of progress since then.

Day 1 was fun but hell of alot more bugs than there is now, the wolves and lions used to go crazy jumping all over the place, worse than it is today. When I thought about it on day 1 I was excited thinking in time they will add alot more things and will have loads of people to interact with, never thought it would come to this.

Really don't get why they just don't change to faction system and throw everyone on PvP server, many would like that. I'm not a PvP person but given you are in a faction at least you have some sort of protection. I've never seen 1 dev come here to post on these forums or even acknowledge anything yet they have the bare face cheek to slip in under the radar to post patch notes then slam the door on the way out, appalling from them.

Edited by DannyUK
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MightyMonte88 said:

I totally agree with every single thing you said.

Companies.....yeah....let me throw this out there..... There are obviously good companies and bad companies.... Good companies want you to invest in their product, whether it be a game (this case) or something else, but they ALSO read/acknowledge/respond to customer (us in this case) feedback. They appreciate what you say, whether it's criticism or a heart felt compliment. They act on what you say, taking your feedback seriously to improve their product.

Bad companies just want your cash. That's it. Just your cash. They change their product according to what THEY want, with little to no regards to what their customers actually want or suggest. Feedback of all kinds, good or bad, gets ignored 99% of the time. When they just so happen to get something right, which would be rare, they act with "See? We listen to our customers" .... So.... Which category does this company fall in? You decide....

• Like 3

It was supposed to be an MMO, they anticipated 40k players playing on it but even on day 1 everyone knew that was unachievable with the way the servers were back then. I forgave them for bugs because it was early days, the first week everywhere you looked players were running around but there is nowhere to hide for them 2 years later.

It should not be classed as MMO today though, they should drop that tag and just concentrate on improving what they have but we know they won't. It won't turn out to what I thought it would be in my head with lots of exciting things to do and economy etc, just not going to happen at any time. They only hope is some company out there is working on a game like it for the future but that is anyones guess.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UnderTaker905 said:

Companies.....yeah....let me throw this out there..... There are obviously good companies and bad companies.... Good companies want you to invest in their product, whether it be a game (this case) or something else, but they ALSO read/acknowledge/respond to customer (us in this case) feedback. They appreciate what you say, whether it's criticism or a heart felt compliment. They act on what you say, taking your feedback seriously to improve their product.

Bad companies just want your cash. That's it. Just your cash. They change their product according to what THEY want, with little to no regards to what their customers actually want or suggest. Feedback of all kinds, good or bad, gets ignored 99% of the time. When they just so happen to get something right, which would be rare, they act with "See? We listen to our customers" .... So.... Which category does this company fall in? You decide....

As for listening to feedback I read in one of the forums here where they are seriously considering removing the Q & A and no, I am not seeing things nor am I joking.

Like one guy said, maybe devs need to start being held responsible for what they sell instead of the " quick cash grab " that seems to  a trend but what it is truly is a rip off. I love this game I do not love the devs actions and non actions.

I wish a more responsible company would mimic this game only do it the way it is supposed to be done you know, the right way.

Maybe one day, sigh.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 9:01 PM, SusanT said:

Probably more newer to video games than you are to being an a$$, that is a guess though.

It's a legitimate question. You are obviously a PVE player, and i see from your post history that you got quite annoyed at getting errors and no assistance to fix those errors. Your OP is basically this: "hey i heard from people who play games that devs who do stuff like you devs are really going bankrupt, not saying that is true but i heard from people who played video games lots that it was, so, is that true? You guys ruined PVE. When you make big changes, smells like failure, if the devs havent already washed their hands of this i suggest they do."

Rest of the thread... i might read later :)

On 9/3/2020 at 12:01 PM, SusanT said:

He is a troll on here trying to get a rise out of people, wouldn't give him the time of day to be honest.

Game companies do not go on kickstarter or use ea because they are on the verge of bankruptcy, they do it because it's safer to use somebody else's money than to invest their own. Years ago new companies took their own risks which meant a greater commitment to their business so that it wouldn't fail. Cos they used to believe in their own products.

• Like 1

Or they want to develop a game in a way that allows their players to contribute, ea is always going to useful for that and for small dev teams.

Years ago these guys were involved with ark, which I believe was a success. That doesn't have much to do with atlas however. Go through my post history, see if you notice whether or not I call the devs out on bullshit/ask them to please look at the mirror and think wtf am i doing??

Just fyi also, I love PVE, haha. I have 8k hours in ark, 5k hours in atlas. A few thousand of each spent in pve, because i get bored with the pvp meta/imbalance/lack of dev competence

edit: just wanted to add, so sorry for your loss at being able to play pve on a NA server and also getting battleeye errors

Edited by eeeceee

I don't speak your language adequately well to participate here , but i can understand it clearly , so i would like to be brief :

Well i'm sorry guys , but in my opinion there are some posts here (not all !) wich has   discredited  other users/devs (ass,etc.) and also pure speculation  without clear factual analysis or most likely without inside knowledge of the grapeshot company.

I also get annoyed by some implementations of this brilliant game idea.This E A is a roller coaster, ok , but it should be fair.

Maybe the trolls have reached their destination and my post is useless.

Edited by Terra Incocnita

Generally speaking, no company in the history of EVER has publicly mentioned or acknowledged bankruptcy plans until they, well, file for bankruptcy. Speculate all you like, but Grapeshot won't comment.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 4:45 PM, Pattus said:

Yeah, but support the good ones... Not the lazy money grabbing ones like these guys.

On 9/3/2020 at 12:45 AM, Pattus said:

I WILL NOT SUPPORT PEOPLE WHO ARE FULL OF SHIT AND ONLY PRODUCE ONE FAILURE AFTER ANOTHER!

Either they get their shit together and pick up some of the ideas that have been made by the community, or even better: rely on tried and tested methods to address certain issues or they can file for bankruptcy right away.

Actually, the sooner the better. That would save at least a couple dozen people from spending their hard earned cash on this failure of a game.

There are so many things wrong with the game you wouldn't even know where to begin.

There is no concept of diminishing returns or cumulative upkeep, so whoever gets to the top position is in fact not being dragged down again but instead bolstered to keep holding the position against an equally strong competition.

Everything is always one dimensional. The next bigger thing is always the better thing. No drawbacks, no diversity, everyone is only ever running for the cookie cutters.

The total number of systems that have been applied to address the ongoing non-stop griefing and raiding of offline players is ZERO.

And i haven't even started mentioning the god awful shaders they forced onto the poor unexpecting unreal engine and which, of course contain no fewer bugs than the rest of the can of worms GS refers to as their codebase.

If i were to pick one word that best describes gs as a company, that word would be: incompetency.