ATLAS

ATLAS Patch: v410.2

2 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

BARRELS ARE GARBAGE.

There is no other way to put it. Fucking take them out of the game. Whatever dev has this "grande vision" for this game is fucking blind.

do these devs even play pvp or watch the ship battles lmao?

I still don't understand why they can't add a fleet commander skill, so you can control 3 or more ships from the lead ship. It makes perfect sense for small companies, and the title is  in keeping with naval and pyrate lore.

• Like 1

troll devs :(

People were complaining about shield being op and boring so you bring back cannon barrels? I can only think that you thought the barrels would help with the lag. If everybody can blow each other up easier, or quits the game because design choices don't make any sense, then less lag, right?

Edited by eeeceee

just waiting to play again till "trade winds" is implemented. if i cant put an npc on the wheel and send it to some far off grid, im not even gonna bother. hopefully the devs don't take the easy route and just make "better wind highways"... automated shipping or bust.. but we will see. hopefully they dont kill atlas again prematurely.. but by the looks of what ppl are saying with barrels.. idk lol

Incoming flyer nerf

edit: the rest of the update looks good, and cows are great, so thanks

Edited by eeeceee

7 hours ago, Rofelo said:

Guys you were really close to fixing the warehouse and farmhouse, but then you made it worse making it so they need to be built near coal and oil (which isnt on every island) to remain functional without player interaction.

If the goal is automation remove the fuel cost, but if you have to program in some sort of fuel just use fiber in the mean time.

You take your elephant, you farm some trees, you cook your food, you get coal to power your farmhouse. So when you go get the materials out of the farmhouse you bring coal with you to drop off, easy.

REMOVE BARRELS AND THATS ALL. aint fun! remove them

warehouse still can't place,you need to issue a hotfix to delete existing ones,their distance does not match

Edited by Boy

Guest lowbizzle

Whats up with the arrows!?!?... seriously!

Guest lowbizzle

Whats up with the arrows!?!?... seriously!

Do you guys test anything? all arrows, fire arrows xbow bolts are wiped, from inventory, ships storage and there isnt even an option to craft them anymore WTF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest wheelsx

Crashing when I click the skills tab after the update

---------------------------
The UE4-ShooterGame Game has crashed and will close
Fatal error!

VERSION: 410.2
AtlasGame.exe!AShooterPlayerState::GetDataListEntries() (0x00007ff7dc4ba7e7) + 119 bytes [d:\atlassvn\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shooterplayerstate.cpp:2122]
AtlasGame.exe!UDataListPanel::InternalNormalRefresh() (0x00007ff7dbc69aeb) + 0 bytes [d:\atlassvn\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\datalistpanel.cpp:900]
AtlasGame.exe!UDataListPanel::RefreshDataList() (0x00007ff7dbc663f8) + 0 bytes [d:\atlassvn\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\datalistpanel.cpp:460]
AtlasGame.exe!UUI_SkillTreeMenu::InitializeSubMenu() (0x00007ff7dc6fa9ad) + 0 bytes [d:\atlassvn\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\ui_skilltreemenu.cpp:40]
AtlasGame.exe!UUI_Hub::GetOrCreateSubMenu() (0x00007ff7dc667e7d) + 0 bytes [d:\atlassvn\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\ui_hub.cpp:836]
AtlasGame.exe!UUI_Hub::ShowSubMenu() (0x00007ff7dc6668e1) + 0 bytes [d:\atlassvn\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\ui_hub.cpp:474]
AtlasGame.exe!UUI_Hub::ClickedButton() (0x00007ff7dc667a63) + 0 bytes [d:\atlassvn\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\ui_hub.cpp:791]
AtlasGame.exe!UPrimalUI::execClickedButton() (0x00007ff7dcb66deb) + 139 bytes [d:\atlassvn\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\classes\primalui.h:36]
AtlasGame.exe!UFunction::Invoke() (0x00007ff7dd122dc7) + 15 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:3916]
AtlasGame.exe!UObject::ProcessEvent() (0x00007ff7dd16d148) + 0 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:931]
AtlasGame.exe!TMulticastScriptDelegate<FWeakObjectPtr>::ProcessMulticastDelegate<UObject>() (0x00007ff7dbbfabe4) + 0 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\core\public\uobject\scriptdelegates.h:397]
AtlasGame.exe!UButton::SlateHandleClicked() (0x00007ff7dd61a7cc) + 0 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\umg\private\components\button.cpp:164]
AtlasGame.exe!TBaseUObjectMethodDelegateInstance_RetVal_NoParams<UButton,FReply>::Execute() (0x00007ff7dd64a352) + 12 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.inl:543]
AtlasGame.exe!TBaseDelegate_RetVal_NoParams<FText>::Execute() (0x00007ff7dbcddf9a) + 6 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegatesignatureimpl.inl:1112]
AtlasGame.exe!SButton::OnMouseButtonUp() (0x00007ff7dd2cf98b) + 17 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\widgets\input\sbutton.cpp:240]
AtlasGame.exe!FSlateApplication::ProcessMouseButtonUpEvent() (0x00007ff7dd2320e0) + 23 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:3724]
AtlasGame.exe!FSlateApplication::OnMouseUp() (0x00007ff7dd231bbf) + 12 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:3674]
AtlasGame.exe!FWindowsApplication::ProcessDeferredMessage() (0x00007ff7dd0d10ad) + 12 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1343]
AtlasGame.exe!FWindowsApplication::DeferMessage() (0x00007ff7dd0d176b) + 74 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1634]
AtlasGame.exe!FWindowsApplication::ProcessMessage() (0x00007ff7dd0ced93) + 41 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:737]
AtlasGame.exe!FWindowsApplication::AppWndProc() (0x00007ff7dd0ce31f) + 0 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:599]
USER32.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffb73ac5c7d) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
USER32.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffb73ac5672) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
AtlasGame.exe!FWindowsPlatformMisc::PumpMessages() (0x00007ff7dd0dc3c6) + 41 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformmisc.cpp:800]
AtlasGame.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() (0x00007ff7dbbe38f1) + 0 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2725]
AtlasGame.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff7dbbde21c) + 0 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:140]
AtlasGame.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff7dbbe640a) + 5 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
AtlasGame.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff7dbbe6538) + 8 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:209]
AtlasGame.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff7debb406d) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffb73187bd4) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffb7512ce51) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffb7512ce51) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

OK   

First, I’d like to mention I play on Xbox when there are only 3 official servers, one pve, a (EU)pvp, and a (NA) pvp. Second, this game is such a good idea, great foundation, and a great vision despite all its bugs but I would recommend it to a friend if barrels are such and issue and since there’s barely anywhere to build a base anymore. Now on to my comment/suggestions. As much as barrels should be removed, I feel like big companies or companies who have been around since the beginning have too much land and they just store ships and animals at free-ports. 

I thought being able to claim and island and tax it was a cool idea until i realized all the islands were all taken, sure I could use explosive barrels and take the island over, but I’m a solo player... they would just gear up and retaliate from one of their 3 other claimed islands or the dozens of lawless islands they have blocked other players from building on. Maybe companies can only claim one island, owner ship could rotate more frequently, giving other players or late comers a shot at own land for a bit, that  would cause people to be a little kinder unless they want someone to attack, or companies can only claim two islands, that way if one does get attacked they have a chance to fight back but it’s their last lifeline, so they either retaliate, make peace, or make their last stand.

If a company allowed to claim, say, 4 islands, I find it a little ridiculous that the same company could potentially just build stone walls all the way around any lawless island. If they own land in a lawful region they shouldn’t be dipping their toes in lawless regions cause that just looks bad for the company. Maybe claiming land could be end game material where after you’ve visited the fountain of youth once and have grown old again and have done all the quests then you can claim land.

Edited by Alienking

9 hours ago, Rofelo said:

Guys you were really close to fixing the warehouse and farmhouse, but then you made it worse making it so they need to be built near coal and oil (which isnt on every island) to remain functional without player interaction.

If the goal is automation remove the fuel cost, but if you have to program in some sort of fuel just use fiber in the mean time.

lol.. lazy lazy ass.. just go farm oil and put it in your farms 😄
1k oil last 33h, put 10k if needed and you can forget about fuel for farm for 14 days

Edited by Helgard

As far as I checked - right now distance between warehouses got less than 500m. But anyway - some player placed his warehouse around 200m from my base, so I still keep my in storage box.

• Like 1

Why farmhouses now need to use coal and oil as fuel befuddles me. The game will be a complete resource grind without effective use of farmhouses and how they generate materials by using wood/thatch. I live in a lawless region and I'm forever having to re-build ships because they get barrel blasted when I'm offline.

Just last night me and a company member were discussing how much of a grind this game would be without the farmhouses as they currently exist and well, you guys took the wind out of our sails. I will now need to farm coal and oil in order to produce fuel for me to be able to use the farmhouses for other resources which is going to be a pain in the ass. I hope that the farmhouses that were generating coal continues to do so otherwise most of my time is going to be spent resource grinding which I already do enough of.

I'm enjoying the game but there are a few things that gets changed in updates which effect the QOL for smaller companies and solo players.

EDIT: This problem isn't as bad for me as I first thought as most of the farms in my area generate coal so the farms self propagate with resources. I feel for those that don't have access to farms that generate coal. I just hope others have the etiquette to leave a lump of coal in the farmhouses and don't just loot everything like they did when I logged back on after the update 🙂

Edited by Amorphis2k

And they forgot about life in Pve altogether ??! Give us back the old PVE map with its former content and the number of servers! REMOVE farms and warehouses, they are not needed on the PVE, and they are not needed at all, they only littered the landscapes of all the islands! They killed the idea in breeding animals, and an interesting piece of content!!!

8 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

just waiting to play again till "trade winds" is implemented. if i cant put an npc on the wheel and send it to some far off grid, im not even gonna bother. hopefully the devs don't take the easy route and just make "better wind highways"... automated shipping or bust.. but we will see. hopefully they dont kill atlas again prematurely.. but by the looks of what ppl are saying with barrels.. idk lol

Ib4 its the airships, that bring the contents of your warehouses to a new stucture once an ingame day 🤣 (fuelled by skulls maybe?)

So this patch officially broke the game. Is it worth waiting to see if it gets fixed or should I just uninstall again? I've only been back on for about 4 days since I last gave up in April. I would honestly be happier if I had never heard of Atlas at this point.

• Haha 1