ATLAS

ATLAS Patch: v410.2

Keyart_No_Ship_1920x1080-min.jpg

Ahoy Pathfinders!

The upcoming patch will be more focused on fixes and balance passes as we continue to look into combat and also develop the farmhouse and warehouse system. SoTD issues among other bugs have also been fixed. 

We’d like to thank our community for all of your feedback thus far. As we continue to engage with the community, we’d like to introduce a survey to help us better quantify community sentiment regarding certain changes to our patches. We would be grateful if you could fill out the survey for v.410.2 here: https://forms.gle/tvcdYcDqhBPP3bRY7

The Patch is scheduled for tonight, 9/01 at 8:00 PM Pacific Time Zone. 

Please see below for the detailed Patch Notes of our latest update, v.410.2

:anchor: Released Patch Notes :anchor:

Combat

• Shield bash can no longer be used while in the air
  • Bug Fix: Soft Spots Feat now only affects Two-Handed Mace
  • Bug Fix: Brass Knuckles no longer affect shield bash damage

Construction

• Structures can no longer be built on tables
  • Grills, Crop Plots, Water Pipes, Paintings, Flags, and Buoys can no longer be built in Freeports

Crafting

• Cloth Armor and Simple Bed may now also be crafted at the Loom
  • Waterskin may now also be crafted at the Tannery
  • Wood Wall/Floor/Ceiling/Roof, Repair Hammer, and Storage Boxes (including large) may now also be crafted at the Smithy
  • New Skill added to Artillery Tree: Captain of Renown
    • As a master of both crew and artillery, your exploits as a pirate are known far and wide. Recruits seek you out allowing you to craft artillery that comes manned for an extra bit of coin.
    • Requires BOTH Gatling Studies from the Artillery Tree
  • New Crafting Recipes added to the Smithy: Manned Cannon, Manned Large Cannon, and Manned Puckle
    • These recipes cost the same resources as their unmanned variants plus an additional 10 gold coins
    • Crew will spawn at them after 30 seconds and man the station

Explosive Barrels

• Explosive Barrel projectiles that don't explode on impact can be defused
  • Explosive Barrel toss distance increased by 50%
  • Tossed Explosive Barrels no longer stick to players, creatures, or the sides of structures
  • Catapult reload time for Explosive Barrels changed to 2 seconds
  • Bug Fix: Barrels placed or tossed onto ships will now explode when their timer expires
  • Bug Fix: Explosive Barrels shot out of cannons will no longer instantly stick to the water

Golden Age Ruins Creatures (Fire Elementals, Rock Elementals, and Cyclops)

• XP awarded after creature's death instead of per hit
  • Damage dealt to ships increased by 100%
  • Damage dealt to players decreased by 20%

Ships

• Increased the range of Ship Ammunition Container from 30m to 40m
  • Bug Fix: Ships no longer leave behind their frame when destroyed
  • Bug Fix: Ships of the Damned should now behave normally

Submarines

• Bug Fix: Horse cart weapons can no longer be fired from submarine
  • Bug Fix: Grenades can no longer be thrown from Submarines

Tames

• Cows can be ridden by equipping a Tier 2 Saddle

Warehouses and Farmhouses

• Reduced exclusion radius for placing Warehouses from 2km to 800m
  • Increased the weight limit in the Warehouse from 50,000 to 250,000 and increased max inventory items from 40 to 100
  • Added 'Transfer All,' 'Transfer Half,' and 'Transfer Amount' option to Warehouse and Farmhouse inventory, similar to how stacks may be split in player inventory
  • Warehouses, Farmhouses, and Stone Farmhouses no longer use Wood or Thatch as fuel and instead use Coal/Oil, which last 60/120 seconds per unit
  • Warehouses now transport Wood and Thatch
  • Warehouses no longer transport Oil or Coal (This solution will be iterated on soon)
  • Bug Fix: Warehouses and Farmhouses no longer have crafting inventory section that falsely implies you can craft in them

HScdBVR.gif

:wheel:

Happy Sailing,

- ATLAS Crew

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

• Like 1

survey gets hung up and wont load past page 9. can you do anything right? use your brains boys! last patch created more issues and broke more aspects of the game than you fixed and improved. 

• Like 3

Barrels need to be completely removed from this current iteration of the game. This is going to be your biggest contention point for any type of PVP player. They are just too powerful. They do way too much damage. There is no real way to mitigate barrels right now in this game. Barrels should only be able to be used from Catapults. Or placed manually and lit. They should NOT be able to be fired from cannons. Full stop. Barrels should not be able to remove a row of planks from a ship. Either make them incredibly heavy, or make the materials excessive. They are too easy to make, too light and too disposable for the amount of damage they can do to not only ships but player structures. You say you want this to be a sea focused pvp game. Barrels have made it so you can no longer leave your harbor because you're too busy trying to defend the structures it took you weeks to build and get destroyed in under 5 minutes. This is ridiculous and you need to change this if you ever hope to get any player base back into the game.

Limit the number of catapults on a ship by ship type. Remove the ability for cannons to fire barrels. 

0 on sloop.

1 on schooner

2 on brig

4 on galleon. 

Reload time on catapults on animals should be 10+ seconds.

Edited by Old Spice
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

When Season 4 began, we were hesitant to return but hopeful at the promises of new changes and active Devs. For the first few weeks we were really impressed! It felt like a completely different game compared to the horrors of Season 1. We reached out to old friends and were able to pull back many who had completely written off the game and everyone was having a lot of fun. We were encouraged by the Devs transparency and action with dealing with cheaters and exploiters, the balance improvements, the quality of life improvements with the farming grind... Atlas finally seemed to be becoming the game we had all initially hoped for.

Then... you brought back barrels and literally killed the game overnight.

The game transformed from a thriving sea based PvP game with engaging ship battles, into an endless assault of barrel bombs everywhere you look.  No one wants to bring their ships out to sea anymore. What's the point if they can be deck cleared by a single barrage? With less and less action on the seas, the only way for anyone to get some PvP was to try and land raid, which after a few days becomes a discouraging pain in the ass. Pretty much everyone has now quit and you can see from your player stats that nearly every grid is empty. Sad to say you blew it with barrel bombs and I'm not sure many will be willing to give Atlas another chance considering you didn't listen to your community when they begged you to revert the changes. 

I still hope that Atlas can become something great, it has bones to be amazing but time and time again your community has spoken loudly that they are seeking more action on the seas and until barrels are removed or balanced better, that will not happen.

• Like 9

Reduced exclusion radius for placing Warehouses from 2km to 800m

Yyyyyeah... but... as far as I can see - it's 500m right now... At least I live in the island that around 2.1km x 1.4km and I see 3 warehouses around 500+ meters from eachother... (unfortunatelly one - is around 400m from my base and I can't build one).

Edited by George Catcher

I'm pretty sure devs want ship pvp, BUT people don't want to bring out ships bc a bp-ed ship can be raped by a common barrel ship. Even worse if the ship is also bped and damaged pumped.

Barrels are like bugs.

Devs like em. We don't.

Get rid of bugs- I mean, barrels. 

There's other balance issues, but the barrels are the ones that screams out the most attention for balance.

Quit buffing it. No one asked for barrels. You think it's a good idea. 

But it's not. 

Put the barrels back in the trash. The recycling bin is too good for em.

• Like 4

Guys you were really close to fixing the warehouse and farmhouse, but then you made it worse making it so they need to be built near coal and oil (which isnt on every island) to remain functional without player interaction.

If the goal is automation remove the fuel cost, but if you have to program in some sort of fuel just use fiber in the mean time.

• Like 3

yep, barrels killed the game. I have gone from a daily player to signing in once a week and going meh 

can't sail anywhere without someone one shotting your ship with barrels. 

no point in having mythic ships and planks if one barrage of barrels sinks it in moments. 

• Like 5

BARRELS ARE GARBAGE.

There is no other way to put it. Fucking take them out of the game. Whatever dev has this "grande vision" for this game is fucking blind.

• Like 4

the only time barrels were fun on the sea is if you can place them on dingys. putting them in cannons is too OP

• Like 1

Crafting

• Cloth Armor and Simple Bed may now also be crafted at the Loom
  • Waterskin may now also be crafted at the Tannery
  • Wood Wall/Floor/Ceiling/Roof, Repair Hammer, and Storage Boxes (including large) may now also be crafted at the Smithy

Thank GOD. No more shuffling resources into my personal inventory just to craft the simplest, most common things.

• Like 3

Why aren't the patch notes posted in the section called PATCH NOTES?

Why have a special section, on the top bar of the forum, called patch notes, and then put them somewhere else?

Oh, and remove barrels before you lose all your players

• Like 2

By the way: Grapeshot, please remember  to UPDATE YOUR PATCH NOTES THREAD this time. You didn't for 409.1 !

Real talk tho, 4k hours in. Barrels NEED to be removed in order for this game to last. The mention of needing it for future content, well bring it back with that future content if it can be used. They are as cheap as nades essentially, do damage equivalent to the old torpedoes, and can be stuffed into mobile cannons on tames and boats.....remove the fricken item until its fixed

• Like 3

Oh great!! Yet another "patch" to "fix" things...let's see how much further we can put this game in the grave... Guys you've already dug the hole, just lay in it now, sell the game to Blizzard and let them (with their massive resources) fix the game. Just fix what you have, stop worrying about extra garbage, the warehouses and farmhouses are just going to cut even more players out of the game. Because if you've got an island with 20 residents, they aren't all going to be able to use farms/warehouses.... you want us sailing.... the oceans are not sailable, its not worth the aggravation. Why am I going to attempt to sail only to get fatal error-ed out of the game, or hit a zone where the lagg is so bad you rage quit and play a different game?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

you might as well just release tech teir now and have some flying ships that can drop nukes on everyone

56 minutes ago, Princess Sugar said:

When Season 4 began, we were hesitant to return but hopeful at the promises of new changes and active Devs. For the first few weeks we were really impressed! It felt like a completely different game compared to the horrors of Season 1. We reached out to old friends and were able to pull back many who had completely written off the game and everyone was having a lot of fun. We were encouraged by the Devs transparency and action with dealing with cheaters and exploiters, the balance improvements, the quality of life improvements with the farming grind... Atlas finally seemed to be becoming the game we had all initially hoped for.

Then... you brought back barrels and literally killed the game overnight.

The game transformed from a thriving sea based PvP game with engaging ship battles, into an endless assault of barrel bombs everywhere you look.  No one wants to bring their ships out to sea anymore. What's the point if they can be deck cleared by a single barrage? With less and less action on the seas, the only way for anyone to get some PvP was to try and land raid, which after a few days becomes a discouraging pain in the ass. Pretty much everyone has now quit and you can see from your player stats that nearly every grid is empty. Sad to say you blew it with barrel bombs and I'm not sure many will be willing to give Atlas another chance considering you didn't listen to your community when they begged you to revert the changes. 

I still hope that Atlas can become something great, it has bones to be amazing but time and time again your community has spoken loudly that they are seeking more action on the seas and until barrels are removed or balanced better, that will not happen.

exactly this
GET RID OF BARRELS, WE DO NOT WANT THEM...........period

47 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

BARRELS ARE GARBAGE.

There is no other way to put it. Fucking take them out of the game. Whatever dev has this "grande vision" for this game is fucking blind.

whoever the dev was that decided to put barrels back into the game should be put in a gibbet

what an idiot

• Like 1

Being able to have your crew dock your boats!!!!!!! you guys are doing great thank you for sticking with us.

I am disheartened to login to this game anymore. I used to enjoy the hell out of it but with the barrels you have completely and utterly ruined any fun, engaging experiences anyone was having. RIP

• Like 2

Yeah, we dont have more boat fights, we have barrels in every way fight... Game got screwd after that update... Should just remove barrels and thats it! Back to pirate game!
I appreciate what you guys bein doing with the game... After season 3 it got revitalize. I was really excited.. But now with this barrels i already have people giving up on the game cause its not a pirates game anymore. Its just a barrel game... 

Miss the boat fight so much... =/

• Like 2

almost 6k hours in game, i can honestly tell you the current ability to add cannon and ship leveled points to multiplicative values of barrel damage is WAY WAY WAY TO OVER POWERED.
You need to remove them,

or

reduce range by 50%, Reduce damage by 50% AND (not or, this is all 3) remove the multiplicative damage on ships, from Cannon % and Ship levels multiplying the damage of barrels.

This current iteration has reduced sea combat DRASTICALLY we cant get people to bring out endgame boats to fight us because 1 volly and those sails (those .001% to drop handling ENDGAME sails) are gone, 394% defense wont mean F all if i have a 200% cannon and 174% dmg in schooner lvl's, they would be gone.
Is that balanced? hundred hours to find end game sails to my LUL schooner? that is unfair, and i do it to people.
Its wrong, NO ONE WHO PLAYS asked for this, NO ONE who is playing wants it kept.
THE PLAYER BASE IS BEGGING FOR THIS TO BE FIXED
You don't address it.
you ignore this GLARRING problem.

FIX
BARRELS!

• Like 5