TheRavager117

I want my F#@$!#$ ship back!

I've been playing for about 4 or 5 days,  spent many hours on building a Brig and setting it up to be my mobile base.  Playing on Xbox in single player mode.  I finally get a crew and set sail,  find a sunken treasure and go to get it.  I get amused and die,  so I immediately try to respawn at the bed on the ship.  Now my ship,  that I've worked tirelessly on for days is gone! Removed from my company.  WTF!? Does anyone know how/if I can get it back? Is this normal? If this is always going to happen,  why bother playing? Where is the appeal of losing so much work just because you get killed by a shark?  I could understand if it was sunk in battle,  but no.  Just sitting there.  This is ridiculous. I'm beyond furious. 

too bad to hear this, I know you would love to play a game without cheat, but if it the game issues, use cheat is not cheating, so you can use cheat to spawn a new brig, that is all I can think of 

Sharks don't aggro you in a dive suit.  Were you actually using a diving platform or trying to rawdog it?  This is why "mobile bases" are a bad idea.  Even if you don't do something stupid you can get disconnected in the middle of the ocean where pretty much anything can happen.  I've had it happen to me a few times during what appears to have been server reboots.  I had internet connectivity but the servers were unreachable.  Luckily I was able to stick around and keep trying to connect.  If it had happened before I had to go somewhere like work then I might have just had to risk losing my ship.  

Anyhow they're not going to restore your ship.  

You sure a SOTD hasn't wrecked you up top while you were diving?

I've not heard of this bug before. Bit strange to remove a ship while its floating in open water while being used.

And ^^ to diving platforms. Sharks etc ignore you in a diving suit.