Sign in to follow this  
Keins Thallow

General Suggestions

@@ A big problem is that people have been asking for more ship options and sail options since day 1.  That has been ignored for 2 years.  Seems like an easy way to get more people engaged in the ocean @@  Cargo haulers with crazy weight but cant put anything more than swivels on deck, super fast scout ships that cant carry much and cant be equipped with any form of artillery.   A true battle ship that's slow beyond reason but can take a beating for longer than a few seconds against upgraded cannons.  FACTIONS FACTIONS FACTIONS,    ADD FACTIONS TO CREATE 5-10 LARGE GROUPS that can go to war or rally defense on massive scales.  That would equalize the mega tribe problems.  Most of all,   LOWER ALL ship dmg by 75%,  and remove the ability to lvl up ship dmg by %multiplier, make it a raw amount. This will make the ship battles more than 20 seconds.  @@  My 2 cents. haven't played for a long time, and aside from shuffling islands around, no serious progress has been made on the core game play  to draw people like me back.  IMO" adding more land structures" is not what the game needs.  Thanks for your time, hope someone with some ability to enact change reads my post and takes it to heart.

I agree. This +damage and +resistance in ship stats are huge mistake made by previous devs team. There are two issues I see:

- It can not be balanced.

- It leads to only "meta" option, and players should pick just a simple only right stats, or they loose.

IMAO in order to bring new ships, and balance all, devs should:

- Cancel +damage and +resistance in stats.

- Cancel +sturdiness in planks and gunports.

- Cancel +damage in cannons.

- Cancel totally synchronized and 100% accurate shot.

- Bring "classes" of ships. I already showed this twice, but I'll show it again:

3nKSkb3.jpg

pPj2o8H.jpg

HDNTzOV.jpg

km6CCUA.jpg

FZfA9sb.jpg

aZWIzbC.jpg

- All ship has their own cannon size. And yeah no more big/small ones. Instead - cannon with better damage and coulverines for better range. 6th class can carry 12 pound cannons with just 600 damage. 1st class - 42 pound with 2100 damage per shot.

- 4 types of munition: Cannonballs for best range and average damage. Bombs - less range, more damage. Barshots - best range, and just sails damage. Shrapnel - really close range and damage the crew. 

- All ships within class different from eachother by speed, cargo carry weight, maneuverability, firepower and sturdiness. And ships within each class balanced to eachother (by balanced I mean any common ship can destroy any other common ship same class). Battles should last long enough (not just couple of volleys) And off course higher class - means more sturdiness, more firepower, etc. To make players wanna less hunting little guys - no reward for killing ship minus 2 lvl.

- By pressing fire - ship should do a volley within like 3 seconds and cannonballs should land randomly in some wide area. There are also misfire chance and crits available. 

- Better quality BPs brings some stats that NOT GIVES any advantage in a fight, but they are still desirable. For planks, for example - faster repair speed, or less resources for maintenance. As for mythic ones - brings synergy with great unique buffs. By that I mean... well for example, if you get some sails from one set and then install ALL in your ship - you get active skill that allows you to sail full speed counterwing for like 3 (5?10?) seconds. And of course hostle players will see you ship name with unique mythic border, showing that you do have some "balls", and really dangerous.

- Fraction could involve ppl to PVP. But I would make just 5... With current map, 4 fractions own their own biomes (1 - Tundra/Polar, 2 - Tropical, 3 - Equatorial/Desert, 4 - temperate), so players will have to go hostle territory for resources and tames. Also if you see some serious guys do ganking small ones - you can ask for help, and players from your fraction hear you call (I mean... if there are some ppl ready to fight. As we found recently - most players do just grand palaces building and breeding, but I would cancel all "Sims" and "Happy Farm" in this game). 5th fraction is a pirate one. It hostile to every1 even in PVE, it's hard (or even impossible) to find place to settle. it's unique and hardcore game style, but perhaps with unique rewards etc.

Edited by George Catcher

Love all the ship depictions. The only thing I would say is, it’s still a game with people wanting to play it with many different styles. Maybe this would be accounted for.

13 hours ago, George Catcher said:

I agree. This +damage and +resistance in ship stats are huge mistake made by previous devs team. There are two issues I see:

- It can not be balanced.

- It leads to only "meta" option, and players should pick just a simple only right stats, or they loose.

IMAO in order to bring new ships, and balance all, devs should:

- Cancel +damage and +resistance in stats.

- Cancel +sturdiness in planks and gunports.

- Cancel +damage in cannons.

- Cancel totally synchronized and 100% accurate shot.

- Bring "classes" of ships. I already showed this twice, but I'll show it again:

3nKSkb3.jpg

pPj2o8H.jpg

HDNTzOV.jpg

km6CCUA.jpg

FZfA9sb.jpg

aZWIzbC.jpg

- All ship has their own cannon size. And yeah no more big/small ones. Instead - cannon with better damage and coulverines for better range. 6th class can carry 12 pound cannons with just 600 damage. 1st class - 42 pound with 2100 damage per shot.

- 4 types of munition: Cannonballs for best range and average damage. Bombs - less range, more damage. Barshots - best range, and just sails damage. Shrapnel - really close range and damage the crew. 

- All ships within class different from eachother by speed, cargo carry weight, maneuverability, firepower and sturdiness. And ships within each class balanced to eachother (by balanced I mean any common ship can destroy any other common ship same class). Battles should last long enough (not just couple of volleys) And off course higher class - means more sturdiness, more firepower, etc. To make players wanna less hunting little guys - no reward for killing ship minus 2 lvl.

- By pressing fire - ship should do a volley within like 3 seconds and cannonballs should land randomly in some wide area. There are also misfire chance and crits available. 

- Better quality BPs brings some stats that NOT GIVES any advantage in a fight, but they are still desirable. For planks, for example - faster repair speed, or less resources for maintenance. As for mythic ones - brings synergy with great unique buffs. By that I mean... well for example, if you get some sails from one set and then install ALL in your ship - you get active skill that allows you to sail full speed counterwing for like 3 (5?10?) seconds. And of course hostle players will see you ship name with unique mythic border, showing that you do have some "balls", and really dangerous.

- Fraction could involve ppl to PVP. But I would make just 5... With current map, 4 fractions own their own biomes (1 - Tundra/Polar, 2 - Tropical, 3 - Equatorial/Desert, 4 - temperate), so players will have to go hostle territory for resources and tames. Also if you see some serious guys do ganking small ones - you can ask for help, and players from your fraction hear you call (I mean... if there are some ppl ready to fight. As we found recently - most players do just grand palaces building and breeding, but I would cancel all "Sims" and "Happy Farm" in this game). 5th fraction is a pirate one. It hostile to every1 even in PVE, it's hard (or even impossible) to find place to settle. it's unique and hardcore game style, but perhaps with unique rewards etc.

Not in this game, noone would play that kind of game.
There were very few seabattels, where two enemies went into a fight.
Most would play to their strength, which is fleeing, if estimated loss in firepower.
You have most of this types of (armed) ships in an attempt to catch the cargo/mail ships. They not build to battle a bigger battle ship.

We only have a simple wind mechanic and max speed and turnability for ships. We have some effect of heavy waves, but not much tbh. No drift/leeway, nothing like that.
You cant introduce (balance) mutiple classes of ships and such without adding that important mechanisms too.
You need to dmg ships (depending on shiptype) more heavily in storms, if you want to be more realistic.

It would became confusing, and in the end everyone goes for the best build anyway, all your implementation effort is just for newbies having fun until they get sunken and leave the game.