Sign in to follow this  
DavyBones

Can we finally get a ship between the brig and the galleon!?

So currently the ship sizes are pretty cool, but there is a serious jump from the brig to the galleon.

Lets look at schooner, max 5 cannons per side, 10 total.

Brig max 6 cannons per side, 12 total.

Galleon max 26 cannons per side, 52 total.

seems like a huge jump, and honestly most people HATE sailing galleons, they are just too big and clunky.

Can we not get a double cannon decked brig size ship? ship of the line or something?

maybe like this

Frigate - max 12 cannons per side, 24 total.

No need to make it much different to a brig, just add an extra deck on top and raise it up a bit, same sail layout, same everything, just 1 more deck of cannons.6520231.jpg

• Like 1

We can build a Brig with 8, 10, 12, 16 etc. cannons each side. The only issue is amount of crew it can carry.

As for PVE - it sad, but to complete all, what sea brings - the current Brig is all we need. I mean I too wish to see much more vessel types, I even brought those 26 of them with pictures here:

...but for that, like hell a lot of rework and balance requires. I'm not very sure, if DEVs are about THE GAME of sailing romance, and wanna do it most amazing and perfect way.

I mean... really! We've got some new stuff, some rebalances, reworking. The only thing being untouched since EA launch is current ships!

You can do that now, just the guns are on deck and you'll have to spec into more crew and depending on the setup probably a little more carry weight. Not great as its points wasted that could have gone into dmg and resistance. Only way to offset that in some way is by using high quality BP.

I know what your saying though, You want the crew in the gun ports not on the deck.

AC Black Flag have the scaling down quite nicely and have a good range of ships.

Gunboat max 2 Cannons (Our Sloop)

Schooner max 8 Cannons (we have 10)

Brig max 24 cannons (we have 12, with the size difference 2 extra cannons than a schooner is a bit reserve)

Frigate max 46 cannons (what we are missing and i'd probably half and say 24, also slightly bigger than the brig, add in a deck and a little bit of length)

Man of War 50 cannons (Our Galleon)

1ad2c2b8919f65f0b82148ea4b369dc4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1