Sign in to follow this  
Ghost Pirate LeChuck

Brig Vs Galleon

So...

Bit of a chance encounter. I was out with my new 200 Brig and putting some levels into her, killing other brigs and schooners etc. As I engaged a brig a galleon came into render range. No worries I thought its miles away, 2 shot the brig and just like that the galleon was on top of me. A bit of a WTF moment as that was 1 fast Galleon but I turned to get out of there as Brig vs Galleon isn't the best match up anyway but the lvl 3 Galleon got a broadside off. Every single cannonball landed on 1 plank destroying it??

I got away no issues and no one sails without backups right so plugged the hole and no harm done but is this right? How can it destroy my plank in 1 shot at that lvl? I have 208% resistance as I built it for combat and also has Journeyman planks so its not plain standard. It should have taken more than that right? When i checked the surrounding planks they were all light damage like 10 wood to repair, thats nothing. That 1 plank got decimated. 

If you saying about Galleon of Damned, then yes. They shoot in to one single spot. At the same time you shoot boardside cannons in to one straight line with no way to change that. Further more. All volleys are totally 100% synchronized. All cannonballs flies 100% accurate and parallel trajectory. And lands exactly where you sent them.

I mean... all of that should be redone, because right now it doesn't feel like sailing romance. It's like we're in the middle of 80's and playing Atari 7800 in Arcade.

Instead of current arcade shooting style it should be like that:

- I press shoot.

- My ship do a volley within 2-3 seconds (can be reduced by skills).

- My cannonballs flies like 4 times faster then now, with lower and way more straight trajectory.

- My cannonballs lands withing wide round area (can be reduced by skills).

- There is also slight chance of misfire (can be reduced by better cannons, advanced grainy powder and skills) and even cannon explosion.

Basically instead of this:

wy50m1q.jpg

It should go this:

H1UKGxO.jpg

Same with all PVE NPC ships. Only then all battles will turn to more real life state.

p.s. - Oh and yeah. BTW. Because right now cannonballs are flying very slow, damned ships can dodge them. I did alot of hunting recently and often meet this issue. It's like that. 

- Damned ship approaching my fire range area. 

- Because cannonballs speed is really slow - I aim and shoot ahead, so the moment my cannonballs arrive - damned ship will be there.

- The moment I shoot - damned ship does instant stop : ))

flat,128x128,075,t.jpg

Edited by George Catcher

Yeah I've had that. I've lined up the shot, let them loose and half way across the water the ship 90 degree turns and half of them miss lol.

Its crazy a galleon can send all its cannonballs to 1 spot. But obviously explains why it took out a plank in 1 shot if its simultaneously hit with 25 cannons at once..

• Like 1