ATLAS

State of the Game and Ask a Pirate Day - Q&A with the Devs #3

i was new to this game last season and learned alot but tbh here is my main question.... been farming non stop killing 60 galley sotd and getting gold and a few cannonballs as the reward i mean come on is that really whats suppose to drop?

all last season i spent it farming sotd for sail bps and got nothing..... what am i doing wrong and what or where can i find them because i dont think they exist

2 hours ago, Shaimous Redbeards said:

i was new to this game last season and learned alot but tbh here is my main question.... been farming non stop killing 60 galley sotd and getting gold and a few cannonballs as the reward i mean come on is that really whats suppose to drop?

all last season i spent it farming sotd for sail bps and got nothing..... what am i doing wrong and what or where can i find them because i dont think they exist

What happend in previous seasons is that people was complaining that you got to much junk from the SOTD, and the people wanted resource chest, ammo box, food larder and so on moved away from SOTD so they could actually increase the chance to get something usefull like plank/gunports/cannons and sails, BUT as the devs work they way and thought they just removed the bad drops from the table and didnt fix the rest

Can also add another thing they didnt fix when it was supposed to during the same time perion, IF someone just kill the high lvl ships in a pack, it suppose to despawn the rest of the pack after 15m and spawn a new one. That does not work at all

Edited by Knivet

On 8/27/2020 at 3:32 PM, Ranger1k said:

Theres 15 other problems that are dissolving your playerbase. I could EASILY FIX THEM. Ive offered atleast 3 times. Guess what tho, i got kids to feed, not working for free. Also your company would make a boatload of cash.

Thanks for the laugh :)

also @Chismebeard what do you mean you don't know how to login to the atlas forum? What do you mean by there is nothing for you to say? Can I ask, what do you think is the point of a community manager if they don't manage or even communicate with the community?

Edited by eeeceee
  • Like 1

Why does console players have to join a discord to build on a island just because pc players can talk to the console how is that far to the console. I think that pc should have third own severs and same withe the consoles. It is this reason that most people don't want to play or buy the game . I am a streamer on twitch and I am going to talk about this issue.

Edited by Blkoutnopi

Based on what you guys have written you seem overwhelmed with trying to fix this game. Don't Be!

People Love this Game, that's why they comment and keep playing. (me included)

Just do what you think is best and don't listen to all this. Most of us will still be here playing and  complaining, no matter what you do.

• Haha 2

just create a patreon account so we can give you more money for development.
A game for thousands of hours costs like a few hamburgers.
Perhaps this will help.

No money = no honey, we know.

• Haha 2

On 8/27/2020 at 12:56 AM, Chismebeard said:

Sorry all.  I'm usually only logged into the ATLAS account, and not my personal account.  

I also don't usually chime in because there is nothing for me to say.  It doesn't seem the Q&A questions are satisfactory, so we may discontinue them for now, and only post when there is a definite timeline for things.

of all the things said and u reply to your logins, u should look up on google what CM actually means cuz clearly you're unfit for this position.

answering people on official discord when they ask you questions or criticize  the joke of a Q&A u come up with by simple saying  ( see picture) means clearly u not suited for the position u have.  Get your head of the sand and Nami aswell and start doing your job. 

1.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blkoutnopi said:

Why does console players have to join a discord to build on a island just because pc players can talk to the console how is that far to the console. I think that pc should have third own severs and same withe the consoles. It is this reason that most people don't want to play or buy the game . I am a streamer on twitch and I am going to talk about this issue.

errr..... ok put down the bong. Get a job. loloolol.

Sadly, but it is clear that the administration does not give a damn about everyone who fell in love with this game! What we are writing about here and asking to be taken into account, the administration does not care .... (((It's a pity, but very soon they will see how the servers are empty, it's time to call the gravediggers, and the funeral team is already here ... Good luck everyone .. ...

If you're trying to indirectly convince us the game is being killed intentionally, hey great job.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vill777 said:

Sadly, but it is clear that the administration does not give a damn about everyone who fell in love with this game! What we are writing about here and asking to be taken into account, the administration does not care .... (((It's a pity, but very soon they will see how the servers are empty, it's time to call the gravediggers, and the funeral team is already here ... Good luck everyone .. ...

Lol, welcome to a last year. Please feel free to catch up on what you have missed 🙂

4 minutes ago, Xantria said:

If you're trying to indirectly convince us the game is being killed intentionally, hey great job.

Not sure what you are replying to, but ,unfortunately, that is the most plausible explanation

Edited by eeeceee

@@ Big problem is people have been asking for more ship options and sail options since day 1.  That has been ignored for 2 years.  Seems like an easy way to get more people engaged in the ocean @@  Cargo haulers with crazy weight but cant put anything more than swivels on deck, super fast scout ships that cant carry much and cant be equipped with any form of artillery.   A true battle ship that's slow beyond reason but can take a beating for longer than a few seconds against upgraded cannons.  FACTIONS FACTIONS FACTIONS,    ADD FACTIONS TO CREATE 5-10 LARGE GROUPS that can go to war or rally defense on massive scales.  That would equalize the mega tribe problems.  Most of all,   LOWER ALL ship dmg by 75%,  and remove the ability to lvl up ship dmg by %multiplier, make it a raw amount. This will make the ship battles more than 20 seconds.  @@  My 2 cents. haven't played for a long time, and aside from shuffling islands around, no serious progress has been made on the core game play  to draw people like me back.  Hire a new Concept Designer, the direction the team is going " adding more land structures" is not what the game needs.  Thanks for your time, hope someone with some ability to enact change reads this.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Keins Thallow said:

@@ Big problem is people have been asking for more ship options and sail options since day 1.  That has been ignored for 2 years.

That wasn't ignored. They said it was not possible due to "server memory" (coding skills)

Which reminds me, my skills at logging into a forum are apparently sooooo good. I login to the correct account without saying sorry.

Edited by eeeceee

I still think that the update mess more up then fixing the problems still got to fix the lag issues and fix the quality of the game we demand to be heard if it wasn't for us atlas and ark wouldn't be as big of a game that it is. So listen to the community ask for are opion to see what the game needs I have been hear playing atlas since day 1 and so far its been lacking in some aspects you guys gave us building but we want to see more ship types to build .

hello I have a problem on b5 we can't build ships or some admin can remove skeleton from shipiard

image.png.2c2a32a2422032875080b0ee7ea42bf8.png

jing jing

Another terrible Q&A with no real answers to anything anybody cares about.Seems  this game is really at its end , steam charts shows smaller player return every wipe and faster drop off in players , real change needed fast     

On 8/28/2020 at 3:35 PM, Cito said:

Based on what you guys have written you seem overwhelmed with trying to fix this game. Don't Be!

People Love this Game, that's why they comment and keep playing. (me included)

Just do what you think is best and don't listen to all this. Most of us will still be here playing and  complaining, no matter what you do.

Well said

When you see that there are no more than a hundred players left in the game, and this will happen very soon, then it will be too late to sing praises to the developers! It's a pity that it was a great game, with good potential ..... (((

23 minutes ago, Vill777 said:

When you see that there are no more than a hundred players left in the game, and this will happen very soon, then it will be too late to sing praises to the developers! It's a pity that it was a great game, with good potential ..... (((

Are you soft in the head? I'm not sure your aware this game is an EA and still in development. You bitch like an autistic child on this forum and you think this is a finished product that's been out for a while. You should probably stick to something more your level, like Elmo's how to count.

• Haha 1

You are crazy down! The game has been in Early Access for several years and there is still no clear understanding of where to go! What is this talking about ??! So shut your mouth and don’t stink !!!

On 8/26/2020 at 2:25 PM, Reeking cannonbait said:

Please bring the other server grids online. The map was made too small for the amount of people we have on pve. Love the map layout but those other grids would be really nice to spread people apart. I am currently unable to even expand my base because I chose not to pillar spam what I wanted to prevent others from building. 

p.s. don’t make this game a “seasonal” format with regular wipes. To much time and effort goes into everything and starting  over is a chore.

Did someone talk of wipes? That would def do it for me, as it is I only get on a play a little bit depending on how bad the lag is or how badly battleye keeps me out.

There is absolutely no reason to wipe if their is a decay timer, that makes no sense at ll.