ATLAS

State of the Game and Ask a Pirate Day - Q&A with the Devs #3

Return the old card with its contents! The old card had the correct logic! Equator, on both sides of the biome, smoothly reaching the ice! This is so correct and logical!

Edited by Vill777
  • Like 1

Think about the underwater content !!! It will be a huge contribution to the development of the game !!! Finally, take care of what most players expect from you here, do some real creativity !!! And bring all the PVE servers back !!!

Sorry, but this doesn't make sense. If you guys are not really developing the current state of the game, and its the players, then to be blunt, what would you know about the meta? If I could shield bash spam you I think I would... haha.

And those who groan and cry when there is no time to go through quests, craft, explore the world of the Atlas, then there is no place for such players! The game was announced and conceived as a sandbox MMO! Nothing should happen here quickly, neither buying and building ships in 10 minutes, nor character development, nor the passage of the story !!! This is the whole point! So that the players live here for a long time, so that there is always something to do and something to strive for, applying patience and strength to this !!! Administrators, do not listen to schoolchildren, children and lazy people, they are an absolute minority here !!! We expect something completely different from you !!!

Edited by Vill777

Please work on the terrible lag!! I lost 2 fully imprinted bears because of that. 1 was freezing/ lagging when doing treasure maps hé got killed by SOTD en my other bear was stuck while harvesting food en suddenly vanished! My Monkey died because i was freezing like 1 hole minute when i was in the water to go to my base. And when i stop freezing my Monkey was drowned. Just yesterday i was making a run for resources  for like 3 days and when i was hauling my stuff from my ship to my base i suddenly freeze en died on the island next to mine and because of that i lost al my collected resources 15K metal, 50K fatch and 25K fiber... Its no fun anymore mateys!

10 hours ago, RavenRetired said:

I want to ask why the barrel bomb update. It resulted in overcrowded freeports, common schooners killing mythic galleons/brigs, pretty any ship that gets the first volley of barrels off. There was a reason barrels where taken out of cannons in season one. I would like to know why it was decided to return to this mechanic ? 

Overcrowded Freeports???

image03.jpg

Will there be plans to fix the SOTD's?   Because in PVE, it's the funnest things to kill on the sea.  PVE, another nail in the coffin, on purpose?  The feature to bug ratio right now is quite unfavorable.

10 hours ago, Shoo72 said:

Question: When are u going to do some real Q&A with real questions from players.

Awnser devs: w're good the way it is, we come up with our own Q&A's and give the answer ourself. but we make it look like the questions are coming from the community.

another joke of a Q&A,

maybe go back to the basics and start fixing your game  instead of break the game even more with everything u try to add for fun.

- Have Nitrado get their act together and provide stable servers. 

- fix the insane amount of bugs that u managed to get since the start of the season.

- lit a fire under your support ticket team, instead of them closing it instantly. U tolerate Racism in the game, why ?  u think it will make u look good as a company when u dont take a stand against racism?

i can write 2 pages full with shit u need to fix and have done so but simple fact is , u don't give a shit about your own game and it shows in the state it is in atm.

@Chismebeard @Nami said he valued and needed our help to make the game better yet he ignores everything that is been said to him, including clear cut reports about racism. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

And one thing, i found this in official discord.
Funny how the questions dont even matter, right?
unknown.png

Edited by Kummba

Not sure why I am even commenting on this because it is not like the devs are gonna read this and even give 2 shits!!!!

Real simple for the devs play your broken ass game and fix all the problems people are complaining about bring back the NA server so everyone is not forced onto 1 server, fix the hugh ass lag that everyone is complaining about with a ping of 100 to 250 no body can do anything, fix the chat for all players are censored not just us xbox players, fix all the  Resources that are labeled wrong, fix the farmhouse and warehouses to where you can pull more then a stack out at a time and limit 1 per company 1 per island and reduced the fucking range on it because some people can't place one down or better yet get rid of them because now you just  Eliminated the use of any animal oh and fix it to they burn wood first and not thatch and fix the warehouse so it collects everything because right now no wood no thatch, fix the SOTD there is so many dormant ships not moving or doing anything and as far as your quote for the SOTD crossing the boarder thats fine but answer the person question to many people are loosing ships because of the server switch from grid to grid give it about a minute or 2 so the game can catch the hell up with itself due to the hugh ass lag. Fix the issue with the sinking of ships after you delete everything from it the shell of the ship stays there and you can't do anything about it And STOP WORRYING ABOUT FUCKING PVP AND GIVE PVE SOME SUPPORT ALSO!!!!

Edited by Charlie Manx
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, tht0n3pirate said:

Can someone tell the dev's to make a small company server like come on who would disapprove of that, the only people that would be against it would be the claim obsessed mega tribes on the official servers. Make it just like Ark Survival Evolved, only 5 company members in a company and no alliances allowed. All the non-mega tribe folk (atleast 80% of us lads) would flock to that server and have a jolly ole time not having to deal with those power obsessed peeps. There'd hardly be a server where you'd get 5 fps from just entering because of the dozens of gallons docked uselessly at sea. upvote so the dev's lords can sea this-

yours truly 

tht0n3pirate

" only 5 company members in a company and no alliances allowed " When did they start doing that?

And where would all of the whiners go that get on and immediately ask " Can I join someones clan/company ? cry.

Return all PVE servers and all previous content back! Can't you see how much dissatisfaction about this?! Your experiments will definitely not lead to good! Many are already leaving! And many are ready to leave! From your short-sighted, sometimes even stupid ideas and idleness, the game is slowly and really dying !!!

• Like 1

When is it goimg to be fixed as I demolished my shipyard and the frame is still there floating in the air of the ship I didn't want 

Edited by Benlewis08

Well.. That wasnt helpful at all. With everything the community has said this is it?

The Mark                                                          ------>                                                         You

Edited by Ghost Pirate LeChuck

Please bring the other server grids online. The map was made too small for the amount of people we have on pve. Love the map layout but those other grids would be really nice to spread people apart. I am currently unable to even expand my base because I chose not to pillar spam what I wanted to prevent others from building. 

p.s. don’t make this game a “seasonal” format with regular wipes. To much time and effort goes into everything and starting  over is a chore.

Add another currency only obtainable if you pay for it with real money. Start adding cool visual content and special stuff we can buy with that currency. Or, make it so u need a 3 month pass or something to join the game. Start make some money guys or the game dies. Or next season it will run a 4x4 grid on a old pentium celeron... or just give it up, shut it down and save your company

edit: I can’t believe I just wrote that, but the thing is, it’s a great game in theory, I love it. Just so sad the management is so poor

Edited by ZimBack
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Kummba said:

unknown.png

unknown.png

And one thing, i found this in official discord.
Funny how the questions dont even matter, right?
unknown.png

Sorry all.  I'm usually only logged into the ATLAS account, and not my personal account.  

I also don't usually chime in because there is nothing for me to say.  It doesn't seem the Q&A questions are satisfactory, so we may discontinue them for now, and only post when there is a definite timeline for things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chismebeard said:

Sorry all.  I'm usually only logged into the ATLAS account, and not my personal account.  

I also don't usually chime in because there is nothing for me to say.  It doesn't seem the Q&A questions are satisfactory, so we may discontinue them for now, and only post when there is a definite timeline for things.

Chism don't take it personal.  You are coming in late in the game.  I've been here since day one, and the game has been through a lot of ups and down.  Your team IS coming up with great stuff, but it just seems rushed to me.  We are a great community and have lots to contribute (even if mostly snark towards the devs).  Test test test!!! I was always part of the PTR group and happy to do it.  When the Farms came out, it introduced some obvious bugs (not to mention blowing away all unofficial servers).  Then throwing the warehouse on top, all of a sudden the game is SERIOUSLY broken.  Should have been rolled back instantly (in my opinion). 

• Like 3

Obviously, developers need to make money on the game, make a profit and pay their staff for their work. Take the experience of successful games and development. Introduce new large, content-rich add-ons and players will be happy to buy such a product! And everyone will profit. Create a quality item and people will always be ready to buy it from you!

• Like 1

Hmm where to begin...

When season 3 was wiped i had just built up a beautiful PvE island of my own, grinded out 100 days worth of upkeep, had a growing circle of friends and settlers that was expanding, was prepping to start boss fighting and lag was only an occasional problem in absurdly overbuilt areas..

I figured id be set when new content was introduced, mechanics were optimized, game officially launched and dlcs brought back the DROVES of disgruntled former players...

Now... we have this... after raging a few weeks i figured id try pvp since its seasonal now..

Still no clue how long a season is

Too many bugs to list

Farmhouses full of stone and metal, unless you obssessively dump it to get the wood and thatch for a ship. That is their primary ingredient correct?

Terrible NPC pathing and performance. I literally played games 15 years ago w more intuitive interactions.

Theres 15 other problems that are dissolving your playerbase. I could EASILY FIX THEM. Ive offered atleast 3 times. Guess what tho, i got kids to feed, not working for free. Also your company would make a boatload of cash.

Final thoughts regarding your PvP model, its garbage, even if it wasn't buggy. 90% of players have 1 of 2 negative experiences..

1 Join a group and deal with little Hitlers and high school maturity politics

or

2 Run solo or very small and get periodically gang raped

No more free opinions.

Goodbye

5 hours ago, Chismebeard said:

It doesn't seem the Q&A questions are satisfactory, so we may discontinue them for now, and only post when there is a definite timeline for things.

No shit, you make a Q&A call it state of the game and don't touch on one fucking questions concerning the current state of the game.

Noone wants to sail because of barrels, noone wants to build because of barrels, noone wants to play because of barrels. SO HOW ABOUT SOME FUCKING BARRELS IN YOUR Q&A? 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 3:56 PM, Chismebeard said:

This is literally your job. Your job is to give the community information from the devs, and give devs input from the community? So what...your message to us is that you are done doing your job because we have legitimate complaints, concerns, and frustrations. Oh, and I saw that Dischord message you sent another player where you, Chismebeard, stated that you guys were not going to investigate or take action on any CoC violation because the focus is on developments and improvements.

So you're not listening to the community, you're not addressing concerns which the community has, you're not dealing with people who violate the CoC, you're not dealing is ppl who exploit, and now you're not going to give us any info. I feel inclined to ask, what the hell are you gonna do? I mean, besides kill off a promising game and alienate your entire player base. 

Edited by Lochem El
  • Like 3

Like the prior community managers that never used the forum because they liked discord better.   Even though the damn job of a community mgr is to communicate on all the channels your players use especially the official ones.   

The questions are not satisfactory?? The worthless answers are not satisfactory !! And you dont have anything to say to the community as a senior community manager ?? Are you sure this is the right position for you?