Sign in to follow this  
Hektor Pistorius

Balance Barrels and fix SOTDs!

Ahoy pathfinders and developers!

First of all: I think Atlas is a fantastic game with huge potential. I've spent 1500 hours just during the last two seasons. I decided to quit though until 2 things are adressed that cannot stay as they are:

1.) Ever since explosive barrels can be used in cannons, catapults and so forth the PvP has lost its variety. Tigers, Crabs, Footsoldiers are almost worthless as they just get one-hitted by barrels. Everyone is running around with either canon/barrel or catapult/barrel horses. Same on the seas: No one dares to bring out the BP Ships for PvP as common schooners with barrels are just too much of a threat. The ship damage and cannon damage scales with the barrel, which makes it way too strong. Some people level their NPCs for additional weight now, so they can carry multiple barrels and multiple volleys of explosive barrels can be shot. Now we are starting to see Ministerio Players who put barrel horses into submarines. The explosive barrel is the MOST urgent issue for PvP Players.

2.) Fix buggy SOTDs. You see Ships of the Damned everywhere that are not shooting and barely moving. Since PvP is broken I tried to make some Kraken V2 runs the other day. The Center Maw was so spammed with these broken ships that we could not fight the boss. They were unmounting NPCs from cannons, blocking sight on the Kraken and at the end a galleon just glitched out of the combat area, totally random. 

I really hope that you introduce some Hotfixes to address these issues, because in the current state i can neither enjoy PvP nor PvE. 
Happy sailing!

Edited by Hektor Pistorius
  • Like 1

Large scale PvP has devolved into claiming and defending the highest point, and then glider/barrel bombing the enemy base. It doesn't even have to be on the same island - in fact, it's actually preferable to build a sky tower on a pillar and then glide to the target island.

We've been involved in a major alliance war over the past three days, and it's literally been nothing but back and forth barrel bombing; naval combat only comes into play when it's necessary to defend your barrel operation or destroy theirs. This is a game-killing mechanic, and the longer we wait to fix it the sooner the end comes.

Edited by Kast

I don't understand why this is even a thing. There should not be a air force in a pirate game!

Nerf gliders so the durability allowed you to glide for 30 sec and then breaks.

Remove barrels being able to be carried while gliding.

Barrels should also not be able to be fired form a cannon, they would blow up inside a cannon when fired.

Using a catapult is good but the catapult need to have a slow firing rate but a way longer firing distance. Catapult should be a way to lay siege to bases on mountains. This changes would be really good for the game. It would slow down the siege and make it more fun to defend and attack.

Make it so!

Edited by Shepard_Fury